What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 team line up

Overseas dragon

Juniors
I really appreciate the thoughts of a fan who can't name our players.
Lets me fix your list for you.
1 That homesick pommy guy
2 That Fijian guy from Raiders
3 That kid from Temora
4 That slow guy from the Dogs
5 That fast guy from Broncos
6 That guy with behavioural issues
7 That guy with headspace issues
8 That redheaded Pom
9 The other hooker we have
10 The Italian Stallion from Raiders
11 That guy who went to Sharks for a bit
12 That guy with the brothers
13 That guy we can't mention
Let's get it right Pommie not pommy

Crush

Coach
I'm hoping either Kerr or Timm steps up for time that K Sims is out.
I find it unfair that Dragons should suffer for an offense the player made at another club.
I'd like the Broncos to pay for those games that K. SIMS misses with us.
So 2 games is about 8% of the season so I expect the broncos to pay 8% of his 2019 salary.
Thoughts? Am I a genius or an idiot?
Idiot. OK, it was worth a shot.....

Overseas dragon

Juniors
I find it unfair that Dragons should suffer for an offense the player made at another club.
I'd like the Broncos to pay for those games that K. SIMS misses with us.
So 2 games is about 8% of the season so I expect the broncos to pay 8% of his 2019 salary.
Thoughts? Am I a genius or an idiot?
Idiot. OK, it was worth a shot.....
Very unfair Creeping probably didn't tell SIMMS ,to go crazy

Overseas dragon

Juniors
1 widdop 2 Pearson 3 Lomax 4Lafai. 5 Periera 6 Norman 7 Hunt . the back line I would like to see .and if I see Aitkin at centre and Lomax on the wing .then let's sack the coach he's had enough chances to get it right...........

mickeylane

Bench
This will be starting backline IMO
1 widdop 2 Pearson 3 Lomax 4Lafai. 5 Periera 6 Norman 7 Hunt . the back line I would like to see .and if I see Aitkin at centre and Lomax on the wing .then let's sack the coach he's had enough chances to get it right...........
his will be

DragonJ

Juniors

Why do many of your guys rate Periera? If we could put him in McDonalds body, he would be the best winger in the competition. I admire how he puts 110% into pretty much everything he does. Alas, he is small and slow for a winger.

BLM01

First Grade
Why do many of your guys rate Periera? If we could put him in McDonalds body, he would be the best winger in the competition. I admire how he puts 110% into pretty much everything he does. Alas, he is small and slow for a winger.

I rate him on what I saw last year in his few games at the top grade. He is not quick, but powerful and not too small. He ran a lot harder, had better hands in the air with a good leap and put in some cases back to back efforts in a set more than McDonald would ever do. McDonald could break a tackle and contortionate himself to score a try and put in 50% of the time....but that was it for me.

Yes Pereira puts in 100% in lieu of 110% and we do need more speed in our centres & flanks (Pearson, Rav? answer the call) but he deserves his spot and maybe this off season they can work on to improve his speed....I am hoping anyway.
We used to have a sprint coach (Shirvo days) but sacked him so god knows who teaches our players to maximise speed from improved running techniques these days. Probably..no one

possm

Coach
I rate him on what I saw last year in his few games at the top grade. He is not quick, but powerful and not too small. He ran a lot harder, had better hands in the air with a good leap and put in some cases back to back efforts in a set more than McDonald would ever do. McDonald could break a tackle and contortionate himself to score a try and put in 50% of the time....but that was it for me.

Yes Pereira puts in 100% in lieu of 110% and we do need more speed in our centres & flanks (Pearson, Rav? answer the call) but he deserves his spot and maybe this off season they can work on to improve his speed....I am hoping anyway.
We used to have a sprint coach (Shirvo days) but sacked him so god knows who teaches our players to maximise speed from improved running techniques these days. Probably..no one

Our wingers most of all need speed. The amount of early ball they are likely to get from the likes of Norman, Hunt, Widdop, Lomax and Lafai will have the fans up on their feet in anticipation if they have the speed to capitalize on these opportunities. A completely different story than the one endured in 2018.

To be a first grade winger they also need good hands, ability to catch a high ball, good defence and defensive reads and of course, the ability to bring the ball back from deep within our own 20.

I wait with anticipation to see Pearson and Ravalawa at work during the trials. I also would love to know how they are going with pre-season training and condidtioning.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
You need a balanced back line these days periera is certainly not fast ,but he's game and he gives 100% every game plus Mary will pick him there's no betting there .with a good bunch of forwards sometimes all you need is a john Chapman type winger ......and periera fits the mould .go the BIG RED V