What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 team line up

Drag Queen

Bench
you dont have to repeat yourself DRAG ,PEARSON i have on good authority drag is the fastest guy in the club or so they tell me at least over 100 so we shall see plus he has first grade experience for the donkeys maybe that will impress supercoach ,we shall see
Not sure what happened there OD. Vodka may have been a driving force. Gotta saviour your days off....

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
you dont have to repeat yourself DRAG ,PEARSON i have on good authority drag is the fastest guy in the club or so they tell me at least over 100 so we shall see plus he has first grade experience for the donkeys maybe that will impress supercoach ,we shall see

Pearson is an interesting one in the sense that those who have an opinion of him say he’s either good or a dud. From the views I’ve read over multiple sources, the split is about 50/50.

In other words, undecided.

Compare this to Corey Oates or Brett Morris; fans unanimously agree these two are the “real deal”.

I hope Jonus works out well and that he has a long, prosperous career with SGI. From the YouTube video I’ve seen showcasing his wares, it appears he has agility, size and speed: all necessary attributes needed for a good winger.

Won’t be holding my breath though.

(Bennett would’ve found a spot for him if he was really talented)

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Boyd/Oates/Isaako? where is this spot?
He might not be as good as Isaako/Oates but that doesnt me he isnt any good .... Time will tell.
Hoping both he and Ravalawa kick butt.

Can Pearson play in the centres or could one of the incumbents move to the wing?

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Still, if Pearson was better he would be a regular first grader.

He’s not.
Yes and Bennett has never made a mistake has he ..........and let's face it coaches have certain things they look at in players some players suit his style of play some don't .....

Last edited:

possm

Coach
Pearson is an interesting one in the sense that those who have an opinion of him say he’s either good or a dud. From the views I’ve read over multiple sources, the split is about 50/50.

In other words, undecided.

Compare this to Corey Oates or Brett Morris; fans unanimously agree these two are the “real deal”.

I hope Jonus works out well and that he has a long, prosperous career with SGI. From the YouTube video I’ve seen showcasing his wares, it appears he has agility, size and speed: all necessary attributes needed for a good winger.

Won’t be holding my breath though.

(Bennett would’ve found a spot for him if he was really talented)

I live in Brisbane and so many of my mates follow the Broncos. All say that they are sorry to lose Pearson as he is a really good player. I guess the coaching staff will keep a close eye on contenders for the outside back positions and hopefully pick on fitness and form during the off-season.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
As his fitness improves and the club improves his tackling technique, Luc will become a quality defender.

It was only late in the 2018 season that he discovered a bit of mongrel when running the football.

Has the size and the speed to wreak havoc out wide.

Am looking forward to seeing Luc imitate a bowling ball in 2019 as he smashes through the defence of many sides.

Couldn't agree more massive year for luc and he will step up

rasaint

Juniors
Hi All this is an interesting thread.

I find it interesting that our genuine X factor player in Matt Dufty is being overlooked by many on the forum (aka back to the isp, can’t catch, can’t tackle, too small, maybe 2020 etc.). He isn’t a superstar but his anticipation and high speed running gave us a lot last year including 13 trys. BTW mostly can tackle and catch reasonably well; just like Duges the man he replaced.

Nene had a great season last year; only a nagging and quite serious foot injury hampered him. He was out when we were poor late in the season and then picked up on his return. One or two trys were amazing. Good speed and kick returns strong. A big loss imo.Even had Old Timer ( a hard marker ) on board to some degree last year. We will miss him. Jordan P a tough and reliable player is seen as a replacement. Unfortunately, Jordan is slow for a winger. I think we need Pearson to be given a start and another fast winger, perhaps Ravalawa.

I hope the centres are Lafai and Lomax. Good combination which worked late season.

possm

Coach
Can Pearson play in the centres or could one of the incumbents move to the wing?

Pearson is very quick however, both Aitken and Lafai are unsuitable for wing selection. Aitken no good under the high ball or to turn and gather a kick over his head. Lafai just to slow for the wing position.

We purchased two big fast wingers in the off-season and so I would love to see them make it in first grade.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Yes and Bennett has never made a mistake has he ..........and let's face it coaches have certain things they look at in players some players suit his style of play some don't .....

Everyone makes mistakes (except the orange ball headed one) but six premierships as coach indicate Bennett gets more things right than wrong.

Drag Queen

Bench
Still, if Pearson was better he would be a regular first grader.

He’s not.
Let's wait and see. Vaughn wasn't wanted at the Raiders and turned out to be a blessing. Pereira wasn't too bad either. Both were playing ISP. Give me back Brett Morris any day of the week. We need a winger of that calibre. (excuse the spelling).

getsmarty

Immortal
190107-training_hunt-banner.png

DRAGONS

Gallery: bring on 2019
Mon 7 Jan 2019, 12:27 PM
Refreshed and ready for action, the Dragons were joined by prop James Graham for their first field session in 2019.

190107-training_sims.png

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/01/07/bring-on-2019/