What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 team line up

Why was McDonald moved on or did he ask to leave. I really rated the big fellar. Why this late move on Hayne? Did not our recruitment head twig well before now that Dufty was a dud.

Crush

Coach
Why was McDonald moved on or did he ask to leave. I really rated the big fellar. Why this late move on Hayne? Did not our recruitment head twig well before now that Dufty was a dud.
Dufty isn't a dud. He is a gun. Anyone who watches Duftys 2018 season in NRL and comes to the conclusion that he is a "DUD" is a moronic fool.
For his first full year in NRL I'd say it was excellent. Plenty of room for improvement and far from elite but it wasn't a dud year, far from it.

Old Timer

Coach
Dufty isn't a dud. He is a gun. Anyone who watches Duftys 2018 season in NRL and comes to the conclusion that he is a "DUD" is a moronic fool.
For his first full year in NRL I'd say it was excellent. Plenty of room for improvement and far from elite but it wasn't a dud year, far from it.
What did you make of Dufty’s game against the Dogs?
If he did that in his 1st or 2nd game would he have deserved another game?
Was Dufty’s game against the Dogs better or worse than Mann’s game against the Sharks?
Do you think Mann deserved a better go than he got at FB namely 2 games?
For your info I like Mann & Dufty and hope they have successful careers but am interested in your take on the above.

TruSaint

Referee
Was Dufty’s game against the Dogs better or worse than Mann’s game against the Sharks?

For your info I like Mann & Dufty and hope they have successful careers but am interested in your take on the above.

Have to agree.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

Dufty is far removed from being a “dud”, however he is a mile away from being what any first grade team requires from its fullback.

Crush

Coach
Mann shat the bed at FB. Had a shoooocker.
Dufty excelled in his first few games and made the spot his.
Every time Mann is under pressure and has to stand up he falls over.
He isn't a bad player, just not a good player under pressure.
Dufty is cocky and doesn't lack confidence. He's still developing his game but his potential is 1000 times Mann's. I think Mann will go the way of Taane Milne. Where is he these days anyway? This forum used to say he was a world beater too....

TruSaint

Referee
Dufty is cocky and doesn't lack confidence. He's still developing his game but his potential is 1000 times Mann's. I think Mann will go the way of Taane Milne. Where is he these days anyway? This forum used to say he was a world beater too....

You are better than this mate.

Your 1st sentence...Nah mate.... Mann had 2 games at FB... Dufty a full season.

As i want us to achieve, I wish Dufty well. But to even compare opportunities in ONE spot is ludicrous mate.

I have posted at infinitum that Mann has played every position in the backline, played in the halves, and even back row.. FFS, he wasnt given the same passage Matt has.

Anyway, onward.. Lets see how things pan out.

BLM01

First Grade
Dufty had proven himself at fullback before those DUD games. He was not Robinson Crusoe at the Dogs game either.
All these people saying Mann did not get a fair go. OK, but he is not a fullback at NRL level and never will be. No one is banging down the door to give him a shot there either. Maybe Knights but they are also talkin about hooker..Please! But I will happily eat my words if he gets a fullback gig somewhere and goes on to be one of Top 10 in a fullback position at NRL...we will see

TruSaint

Referee
Dufty had proven himself at fullback before those DUD games. He was not Robinson Crusoe at the Dogs game either.
All these people saying Mann did not get a fair go. OK, but he is not a fullback at NRL level and never will be. No one is banging down the door to give him a shot there either. Maybe Knights but they are also talkin about hooker..Please! But I will happily eat my words if he gets a fullback gig somewhere and goes on to be one of Top 10 in a fullback position at NRL...we will see

No one is knocking down the door for Dufty either.

My response was to be given a fair go at ONE spot. Maybe Kurt isnt a FB, maybe he's a centre, or a winger.. Our club wont know that as a result of staying stead fast with a backline that is bog average.

EA / Lafai will be cour centres. Doesnt fill me with confidence.

Crush

Coach
You are better than this mate.

Your 1st sentence...Nah mate.... Mann had 2 games at FB... Dufty a full season.

As i want us to achieve, I wish Dufty well. But to even compare opportunities in ONE spot is ludicrous mate.

I have posted at infinitum that Mann has played every position in the backline, played in the halves, and even back row.. FFS, he wasnt given the same passage Matt has.

Anyway, onward.. Lets see how things pan out.
I was trying to make the point that Dufty hit the ground running and has stumbled along the way. Mann stumbled from the get go and that was his undoing. He has played some very good games but for the most part has been average.
He had a good back end of season 16 or 17 on the wing and in hindsight should have kept that spot over nighty.
But he has been elevated on this forum purely due to people thinking he was hard done by by Mary (perhaps true)
But it doesn't change the fact that he has been ordinary at best.
As I said, same thing with Milne. Everyone used to say Milne would make us pay for not selecting him (me included for a while during the lafai 16 games in a row of rubbish) but turns out he was nothing. Playing for Mounties and NOT a household name.
I have nothing against Mann and wish him well but he is not an elite player and will do very well to cement a starting spot in NRL with any club in any position IMO. Happy to be proven wrong.

hewi

Bench

Taane Milne has been given a lifeline by the Warriors, I will watch with interest, IMO on his day he is better than Lafai or Aitken.