What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 team line up

BLM01

First Grade
No one is knocking down the door for Dufty either.

My response was to be given a fair go at ONE spot. Maybe Kurt isnt a FB, maybe he's a centre, or a winger.. Our club wont know that as a result of staying stead fast with a backline that is bog average.

EA / Lafai will be cour centres. Doesnt fill me with confidence.
I agree re centres and your last paragraph. Lomax excites me and is aour future, 1 more to get. Dufty has had more interest in his 1 year at 1st grade from other clubs than Mann has for any position in 5 years except from us, only now are the Knights looking at him for what position?. Fullback?..hooker? Who says that Dufty is not wanted still by the Dragons and that he is looking for another club?.

BLM01

First Grade
Taane Milne has been given a lifeline by the Warriors, I will watch with interest, IMO on his day he is better than Lafai or Aitken.
Taane Milne apart from his 2 strikes with the white stuff....like Herbert, training, work ethic and discipline for 1st grade apparently is not up to it?..
Sele was a lightweight it seemed for a prop position although he looked strong. From what I saw I was surprised Sharks would of signed him for a 1st grade position, if they have good luck to him, if not..no big loss IMO. He was just average and blokes like Lawrie are far better long term propositions it seems at this stage. For short term Latimore offered more than Sele.

dragonssamy61

First Grade

BLM01
Was lazy when he first started but I though he had fixed that buy half way though last year.
I know he wanted more than he was worth in my opinion but unless there is something wich he has done that I don't know about.
I am surprised that now one is showing interest.
Mybe we sould have another go.
As long as everything is ok.

Como Connection

First Grade
BLM01
Was lazy when he first started but I though he had fixed that buy half way though last year.
I know he wanted more than he was worth in my opinion but unless there is something wich he has done that I don't know about.
Agree and his price would have dropped also.
CC

goggles

Juniors
BLM01

They've both gone to the Warriors Samy... Hopefully they have the motivation to knuckle down and get on with it, because age is still on their side and they have the talent.

Old Timer

Coach
Mann shat the bed at FB. Had a shoooocker.
Dufty excelled in his first few games and made the spot his.
Every time Mann is under pressure and has to stand up he falls over.
He isn't a bad player, just not a good player under pressure.
Dufty is cocky and doesn't lack confidence. He's still developing his game but his potential is 1000 times Mann's. I think Mann will go the way of Taane Milne. Where is he these days anyway? This forum used to say he was a world beater too....
I think you are tad biased in your opinion and also a little forgetful
When Dufty came to 1st grade his defence was not good nor was his positional play and TBH one would have thought he would have improved markedly but several games late last year ckearly indicated he had not.
Some people will make allowances for Dufty because if his attacking prowess and individual brilliance but that does not negate the definceis in his game and people should acknowledge that.
Dufty’s shockers at the back almost bordered in cowardice and are way worse than Mann’s 2 games ever were.
You could never accuse Mann of dogging it and James Graham didn’t have to take Mann aside did he?

Crush

Coach
I think you are tad biased in your opinion and also a little forgetful
When Dufty came to 1st grade his defence was not good nor was his positional play and TBH one would have thought he would have improved markedly but several games late last year ckearly indicated he had not.
Some people will make allowances for Dufty because if his attacking prowess and individual brilliance but that does not negate the definceis in his game and people should acknowledge that.
Dufty’s shockers at the back almost bordered in cowardice and are way worse than Mann’s 2 games ever were.
You could never accuse Mann of dogging it and James Graham didn’t have to take Mann aside did he?
You are right in your point that Dufty may have an attitude problem where Mann doesn't. But I think Dufty has more potential than Mann and we are right to stick with Dufty and no great loss if Mann leaves for another club.
Good luck to him I say, I will watch with very keen interest to see where he ends up.

possm

Coach
BLM01

Yes let's sign Herbert, he is a really good and vertitile centre/fullback who I believe would make it in first grade.

Old Timer

Coach
You are right in your point that Dufty may have an attitude problem where Mann doesn't. But I think Dufty has more potential than Mann and we are right to stick with Dufty and no great loss if Mann leaves for another club.
Good luck to him I say, I will watch with very keen interest to see where he ends up.
I would much prefer to lose the coach and keep both players

possm

Coach
If Dufty could iron out his skill deficiencies, he could very well turn into a star. Given the size of his frame and his performance in 2018, I'd say that he is still 2-3 years off. So what do SGI do about this? Do we persevere and possibly lose some important matches, do we keep him in ISP and train him up or do we let him go, replace him with a first grade fullback and bring him back when he is fully trained?

Carlton

Juniors
If Dufty could iron out his skill deficiencies, he could very well turn into a star. Given the size of his frame and his performance in 2018, I'd say that he is still 2-3 years off. So what do SGI do about this? Do we persevere and possibly lose some important matches, do we keep him in ISP and train him up or do we let him go, replace him with a first grade fullback and bring him back when he is fully trained?

I dont disagree with what you are saying Possm but Dufty will be 23 in January 2-3 more years means he could be pushing 26. Alex Johnston is only one year older, Dalin Watene-Zelezniak is six months older and Dylan Edwards is the same age, Tom Turbo is six months younger. They have all been playing first grade for longer and their skill sets are more complete. AJ Brimson is 2.5 years younger, Scott Drinkwater is two years younger if you are going to "develop" players for first grade they are the ages you would be looking at.

possm

Coach
I dont disagree with what you are saying Possm but Dufty will be 23 in January 2-3 more years means he could be pushing 26. Alex Johnston is only one year older, Dalin Watene-Zelezniak is six months older and Dylan Edwards is the same age, Tom Turbo is six months younger. They have all been playing first grade for longer and their skill sets are more complete. AJ Brimson is 2.5 years younger, Scott Drinkwater is two years younger if you are going to "develop" players for first grade they are the ages you would be looking at.
Good post with lots of facts. Each player will have their strengths and weaknesses however, at the moment we are only interested in Dufty's strengths and weakness.

I'd say Dufty has strengths superior to a lot of the above mentioned players but has weaknesses that are much worse than the majority of the players you mentioned. If Dufty could mitigate his weaknesses in 12 months all the better. The two to three years I mentioned is just my estimate.

Carlton

Juniors
Good post with lots of facts. Each player will have their strengths and weaknesses however, at the moment we are only interested in Dufty's strengths and weakness.

I'd say Dufty has strengths superior to a lot of the above mentioned players but has weaknesses that are much worse than the majority of the players you mentioned. If Dufty could mitigate his weaknesses in 12 months all the better. The two to three years I mentioned is just my estimate.

This is my problem with Dufty, waiting to see if he can overcome his shortcomings (and that isn't selling short the things he does well). At some point, to seriously be in contention to win a premiership, you have to have a football team with minimal weaknesses across the park. You need X factor as well but not at the expense of effort and the 1 percenters. I dont like the fact Dufty was a gamble and is still a gamble. I dont think he was ready to play first grade full time and was promoted because we hadn't planned well for fullback.

As I have said previously I believe he should have been fullback instead of Nightingale and then moved back to ISP to work on the weaknesses he had. If he could sort them out put him back into first grade when an opportunity arises.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Taane Milne has been given a lifeline by the Warriors, I will watch with interest, IMO on his day he is better than Lafai or Aitken.
I agree that Milne was better than Lafai or Aitken, but others on here noted that his defence was pretty ordinary.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I agree re centres and your last paragraph. Lomax excites me and is aour future, 1 more to get. Dufty has had more interest in his 1 year at 1st grade from other clubs than Mann has for any position in 5 years except from us, only now are the Knights looking at him for what position?. Fullback?..hooker? Who says that Dufty is not wanted still by the Dragons and that he is looking for another club?.
You could also say that there is more interest from other clubs about Dufty playing fullback for them, then there was for Dugan to play fullback for them.

Latest posts