What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 TEAM

ViceVersa

Juniors
ONE NEW MUNGREL BIG BASTARD PROP TO REPLACE MIGHTY CONSISTENT AH MAU ( our only real need to buy in the off season one very good prop there must be at least ONE floating round for us)

Although he won't be in first grade next year, people seem to forget we've signed Eddie Blacker for 3 years. 19 yrs at 6'4, he's one of the promising up and coming junior forwards outta QLD. Development squad in 2019, keep an eye on him...

BLM01

First Grade
I put in my 2 cents worth when I know what the final team is for next year. Hoping for some more imports or expecting some to walk out.
Although I thought about starting Mann in centres then giving McInnes breathers and putting Hunt to 9 and Widdop & Mann halves, like they aim for in origin. When Mann in the halves you shuffle the backline or with a replacement as most teams do nowadays. Which current centre drops out.......toss a coin.

Last edited:

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I am hoping that we get Bennett and he brings Pangai Junior and Roberts with him. I would also like us to be able to snare Rapana a year early than his contract finishes.

I have also been questioning if Hunt is a good game managing halfback. There were already question marks about this before he got here. I think he is a very good player. Someone on this site even suggested that 5/8 would be more his go, maybe it would be. Bennett also moved him to hooker last year and he played for QLD this year off the bench in the last game. Some think that he should be Qld's starting hooker next year. So it got me thinking that Corey Norman could be worth signing. I have heard/read that Parra have apparently been shopping him around. For next year, I would like to imagine a side of (Yeah I know I am dreaming).

1 Dufty
2 Rapana
3 Lomax
4 Roberts
5 Robert Jennings
6 Widdop
7 Norman
13 DeBelin
12 Sims
11 Leilua
10 Pangai Junior
9 Hunt
8 Frizell

14 Graham
15 Vaughan
16 K Sims
17 Host

18 Lawrie
19 Latimore
20 Mann

Coach Bennett

Then for 2020 sign Munster to play fullback and S Johnson to play 5/8.

Lol not one of the player's you have put in the line will come to the dragons

denis preston

First Grade
Jebus, a lot of these posts are really fanciful folly's. Hunt is and will be the halfback, Widdorp the 5/8.They will not throw a kid who has hardly played fullback straight into the NRL pressure cooker. They will not magicly buy 2 or 3 SOO standard players. Mary will be the coach so half these promotions won't happen anyhow.

Draginzaaar

Bench
If the Broncos want him out and he wants out, Bennett will be coming. All the stars are lining up that way with new ownership and debt free, I'm sure we can now afford him.

All these announcements are just jockeying for financial position - who pays for the termination.

The problems with Hunt at hooker are:
He does not defend as good as McInnes or Robson however, when the ball is to be shifted to the right side, maybe sometimes he could move to dummy half to start the play. My team would be:
Coach: Bennett Assistant Coach: JD
1. Lomax
2. Rapana
3. Mann
4. Roberts
5. Oats
6. Widdop
7. Hunt
8. Frizell
9. McInnes/Robson
10. Vaughan
11. Leilua/Host
12. T Sims
13. De Belin

14. Graham/Pangai Junior
15. K Sims
16. Host/Leilua
17. Robson/Dufty/Herbert/Field

Gone: Aitken, Lafai, Macdonald, Nightingale, Garrick, Allgood, Ah Mau, Kerr (8)
Signings: Oats, Roberts, Pangai Junior, K Stims, Rapana (5)
Squad: Three new juniors promoted to our squad of 30.

Bennett will make Lomax, Leilua and Ponga Junior into superstars.

We will win the competition in 2019 if the above can be achieved. So get on with it our new CEO less talk more positive action.
They wont sack a coach who made the semis. They aren't Penrith.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
1. Marsters
2. Field
3. Lomax
4. Lomax
5. Dufty
6. Widdop
7. Mann

8. Frizell
9. Hunt
10. Remington
11. Sims
12. Leilua
13. McInnes

14. Vaughan
15. Graham
16. Host
17. De Belin

Chappells

Juniors
[

14. Graham/Pangai Junior
15. K Sims
16. Host/Leilua
17. Robson/Dufty/Herbert/Field

Gone: Aitken, Lafai, Macdonald, Nightingale, Garrick, Allgood, Ah Mau, Kerr (8)
Signings: Oats, Roberts, Pangai Junior, K Stims, Rapana (5)
Squad: Three new juniors promoted to our squad of 30.

Bennett will make Lomax, Leilua and Ponga Junior into superstars.

We will win the competition in 2019 if the above can be achieved. So get on with it our new CEO less talk more positive action.
[/QUOTE]

If we have Bennett as coach what position does his love child Boyd play?

LINESPEED

Juniors
FM
1. Marsters
2. Field
3. Lomax
4. Lomax
5. Dufty
6. Widdop
7. Mann

8. Frizell
9. Hunt
10. Remington
11. Sims
12. Leilua
13. McInnes

14. Vaughan
15. Graham
16. Host
17. De Belin

FMD u left out Aitken, Lafai, Damo, Allgood, Nichols, Latimore, Pereira & any number of wandering journeymen needing a gig & some TLC

Dragon Blood

Juniors
I have this super vision of our team next year.......

bear with me a couple of changes and getting rid of some dead wood I think is REALLY holding us back

GONE.....Id love to ditch Dufty ( cant catch a high ball, makes too many mistakes, cant defend like a fullback should a bit of Quinlan mk 2 so hes got to go) and Aitken ( so overrated, hopeless defender a total turnstyle and cant pass for shit) NIGHTS retired......

backline:

LOMAX ( our only long term FB solution in his best position and future superstar)

PERRIERA ( hell get the job done and turn into a good winger)

LAFAI ( not an Inglis in attack but is a decent defender with a great flick and can set up his winger, Aitken making him look bad the last 2 years I think )

MANN ( MUST be in the team can only fit him in at centre but he craps all over Aitken)

NENE ( keep him there, not the most mungrel runner out of our twenty but a total ferrari who knows how to find the line)

WIDDOP ( of course)

HUNT ( he goes alright)

forwards:

DE BELIN
FRIZZEL
SIMMS
GRAHAM
MCINNIS
VAUGHN

bench.....

ONE NEW MUNGREL BIG BASTARD PROP TO REPLACE MIGHTY CONSISTENT AH MAU ( our only real need to buy in the off season one very good prop there must be at least ONE floating round for us)

LUCH ( MUST be in the team every single week splits games apart)

KORBIN ( prop rotation, better than LAWRIE but he goes ok aswell so we do have some depth here)

HERBERT ( MUST get his chance or hell go elsewhere....SUPERSUB off the bench.....if used right can split games open for us, so flexible also, can play multiple positions in the backline so if Widdop has a bad patch in a game can slip into centre while Mann goes to five eight, OR can play five eighth himself)

Id also love to see some variation in the backline to shake things up and surprise other teams, as in, for parts of the game drop WIDDOP back to FB and slip LOMAX into the centres, whack MANN to five eighth , or HERBERT to centre etc etc ) we have a LOT of talent to work with!! I just wich Mclamass would get some damn CREATIVITY and see the talent of the kids here he actually has.......and just how only a couple of vital changes would really help us to maximise, Dufty just not up to it sorry.....move him on, let him go ok elsewhere, same with Aitken

No thanks!!!!!!!!!!!
You basically did a Mary cut and paste.

You only dropped Dufty who is our only attacking weapon in the backline and Aitcant that blind Freddy can see is shit.

If Flo wasn't retiring you probably would have had him on the wing too.

possm

Coach
How and why on earth do people think we are even a semblance of a chance of signing not just one but all three of Roberts, Rapana and TPJ. Hahahaha

I've been told that Millward is brilliant.
If Bennett is signed, he will bring Roberts, TPJ and possibly Oats or Boyd with him. Rapana will be difficult but not beyond the grasp of our brilliant Millward.

True_Believer

Juniors
I've been told that Millward is brilliant.
If Bennett is signed, he will bring Roberts, TPJ and possibly Oats or Boyd with him. Rapana will be difficult but not beyond the grasp of our brilliant Millward.

Logic: Millward doesn't sign the players I want to come to the club - he's useless.
Logic: Millward doesn't sign every single player off contract, on contract or for any asking price - he's useless.

possm

Coach
Logic: Millward doesn't sign the players I want to come to the club - he's useless.
Logic: Millward doesn't sign every single player off contract, on contract or for any asking price - he's useless.
I don't know what your on about.
Millward let Dugan go 750k but couldn't sign Tedesco for 700k.
Millward extended Lafai and Aitken instead of Roberts for about the same coin...……..

Latest posts