1. Round 10 Edition OUT NOW:

The Magic Round issue of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and NRL match programme for is out now!

A packed Magic Round issue looks ahead to the weekend at Suncorp, with more stories including an opinion piece on a recent court verdict, news from Victoria, and a chat to Knights' rookie Phoenix Crossland - plus the full match program for Round 10 of the NRL and teams & results for NSWRL, QRL and more.

VOLUME 2 ISSUE 10 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Discussion in 'NRL' started by Nuke, Aug 18, 2019.

1. unforgiven

unforgiven Bench

I liked the 09 and 10 jerseys the best. I don't mind this year's but think the 2nd jersey should be predominately gold.

axl rose likes this.
  2. axl rose

axl rose Bench

These ones? wasnt a fan of the stripes on the side, but we have had much worse.

[​IMG]

3. wazdog

wazdog Juniors

That's what we did last year. However, we have this obsession with tweaking jerseys to drive sales.

[​IMG]

I do like the idea of having a wider hoop in the middle to allow better sponsor integration. You can see from our Indigenous jersey last that fewer hoops does work well with our jersey. Maybe we could play around with the number of hoops and width. Three red stripes and sign on with adidas?

[​IMG]

GAZF and Babyface O'reilly like this.
  4. unforgiven

unforgiven Bench

That's them, the black was nice too

axl rose likes this.
  5. Babyface O'reilly

Babyface O'reilly First Grade

This is/was great. The wider hoop is closer to the original 08 jersey, yeh?

axl rose likes this.
  6. sempmrh

sempmrh Juniors

This jersey and the black version were fine but I didn’t like how the striping on the sides were slightly different for the black and orange jerseys.

I think the current Aqualand logo is perfectly fine and I prefer it over the uneven horizontal lockup.

axl rose likes this.
  7. Dawesy76

Dawesy76 Juniors

Wow, I wonder how their strips will look and their quality.

Some guy on a broncos forum I am on swear and declares the broncos are going to adidas. He’s gotta be dreaming. Lol

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
  8. jim_57

jim_57 Bench

I really don't understand the heavy use of navy for the Titans. That jersey & colour just looks "right" for thr Gold Coast.

toomuchsoup, MugaB and axl rose like this.
  9. Nqcowboy

Nqcowboy Juniors

I’m quite partial to the 05-07 jersey even though the tigers wiped the floor with us in that jersey in 05

axl rose likes this.
  10. It's Been Done

It's Been Done Juniors

Souths are going to either Dynasty or O'Neils according to rumors I've heard, which means goodbye side panels. I'm surprised no one's raised FI-TA who provide the ref's uniforms and the kits for the PNG team and Samoa

11. ComradePanda

ComradePanda Juniors

Souths are signed up to Classic for next year

12. Dawesy76

Dawesy76 Juniors

I wonder if under armor will get into league?

Correct me if I am wrong but I think ASICS do the broncos shoes? So that would be the logical jump for them?

As far as old mate on the other forum, I know he’s wrong, but far out, with the broncos colour scheme an adidas strip for them would look amazing.

13. unforgiven

unforgiven Bench

I've heard under armor have picked up a team.

axl rose likes this.
  14. It's Been Done

It's Been Done Juniors

It has to be the Broncos, they're a high profile team and Under Armour would want them on board with Essendon. Either that or UA have signed either Easts or the Storm, two other high profile teams

15. sempmrh

sempmrh Juniors

I believe the Roosters will be with Castore.

Supposedly Puma will be picking up a team (I don’t remember if I read that here or elsewhere) and I’m hoping it’s Storm because their gear is quality and production is outsourced to a manufacturer in Melbourne. That’s purely speculation on my part - I have no actual information.

16. yakstorm

yakstorm Bench

FI-TA have no interest in taking on the costs associated with being an NRL club provider (which usually involves significant upfront cost of a sponsorship plus contra before you even sell a unit) which is a shame as they use the same factory as ISC, so make quality gear.

Their arrangements with the likes of PNG / Samoa / etc generally don't involve cash, with the leagues getting a decent clip for each sale and FI-TA providing some contra kit.

Puma is definitely coming back into league in 2021. They have officially registered with NRL licensing and have been talking to a few ISC clubs, so I'd be very surprised if they don't grab at least one NRL club.

Steeden has been slowly spreading throughout the UK market, so I'm not surprised to see them now trying to collect a brand or two in Australia. What they've done for Featherstone, North Wales and previously Salford have been reasonable and significant improvements on some of their earlier kits say around 5 years ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For me, I won't lie, I'm disappointed that Souths is going to Classic, if true. Maybe they'll prove me wrong, but since they came back into the NRL and Origin, everything they make just has that 'poor imitation' feel to it.

axl rose likes this.
  17. Bring back John Fifita

Bring back John Fifita First Grade

The black version of this was one of my favourite jersey designs this century. Although I remember the Proton sponsorship ..

[​IMG]

axl rose likes this.
  18. Klim

Klim Juniors

I think Souths are already with classic in their lower divisions.

[​IMG][​IMG]

19. LeagueUnlimited News

LeagueUnlimited News Administrator Staff Member

20. ComradePanda

ComradePanda Juniors

i think its too early to tell with this new Classic, the brand has been sold again to a completely brand new head company, so i suspect things will be a bit different going forward

axl rose and yakstorm like this.