2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Discussion in 'NRL' started by Nuke, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Bring back John Fifita

Bring back John Fifita Bench

Here Here.

As for the challenge... And I'm not using Uncle Google...

er.....

I could name about a dozen gambling companies I suppose.. Jeep & St George Bank (for the Dragons - but no surprises why I know these, could rattle off a few more but wont).

Suzuki, Hino for the Storm. NRMA for the Broncos..

But to your point - indeed the Major Sponsor of yesteryear actually complimented the Jersey... And yes I could remember 10 times the amount of Sponsor companies from 30 odd years ago versus the last 10 years.. And yes so many bumper sticker sponsors demeans the code, although seeing the Sharks, Knights and Manly (for the first part of the year, Sharks for almost all of it) have little to no sponsors looked horrible. I'd love for the day again of a single major sponsor on the jersey - front n back... It could actually make some of the modern jersey designs become future classics

2. yakstorm

yakstorm Bench

It's a bit harsh to say that a club like the Roosters or Souths have 'kept their traditional' design, yet someone like the Bulldogs hasn't. Really outside of the shocker 2018 kit (which was still easy enough to recognise) the Dogs have had a design which arguably is as close as you are going to get to their 73 - 96 designs..

Bulldogs 2019 Kit:
    [​IMG]
    Bulldogs 1990's:
    [​IMG]
    Bulldogs 1980's:
    [​IMG]

Sure some design elements have changed, ie. the V is a consistent width, versus in the mid-90's especially it seem get thinner the closer it go to the point, and the bar on the sleeve is now wider, but there were times when the Roosters kit didn't have red bars on the sleeves, and Souths only had 3 red horizontal bars, not 5 as they do now.

Regardless all 3 clubs have kits now which when wearing their home at least, fans from most eras would recognise immediately and consider relatively unchanged.

With the Sharks rumoured to be going back to their block design, the Eels making their home 1986 inspired, Warriors & Cowboys basing theirs off 1995, Knights off their 1988 design, Penrith from 1991, and well Dragons always have a V for home, hopefully most clubs are moving to a more consistent template for their home kit. Canberra as well whilst the tri-colour lines have moved up and down the sleeves a few times in recent years, the core kit has stayed the same.

Considering clubs can bring out between 5 - 7 kits a year, it's possibly not unrealistic for the NRL to consider getting all clubs to have some core 'template' which has to always be their 'primary' and only permit minor variations year on year (which will happen with jersey cuts, sponsorship placements, etc).

Caters for both the more traditionalist / brand focused and for experimentation. For some clubs, like the Roosters, they've made it clear that the experimentation doesn't appeal to them, but for those with no identity (Titans anyone?), it might save them a bit from themselves.

3. Bring back John Fifita

Bring back John Fifita Bench

Mate cheers for the post and yeah last years is bang on. Must be early onset of memory-loss..

axl rose likes this.
  4. sempmrh

sempmrh Juniors

The Bulldogs have been fairly consistent since finally moving away from the Super League-style curved V in 2013.

Babyface O'reilly likes this.
  5. Babyface O'reilly

Babyface O'reilly Bench

Always liked the traditional Canterbury jersey and that curved V used to shit me no end.

6. GAZF

GAZF First Grade

Yeah, but I have to agree with you that the super league V with the grey middle V was an instant classic.

axl rose and Babyface O'reilly like this.
  7. Groth

Groth Juniors

From what i can see in the knights jersey tease photo it looks as if the '03 world sevens jersey will be their away.. or at least very similar.

Very welcome change for mine

8. axl rose

axl rose Bench

Would you happen to have a photo of that monstrosity lying around?

9. flippikat

flippikat Juniors

Yeah, fair point. But still, the 2005 Grand Final jerseys for both sides still looked more like nines or training gear than actual first grade gameday designs.

10. Klim

Klim Juniors

[​IMG]

callmack1 likes this.
  11. macavity

macavity Coach

2020 Knights jerseys

Attached Files:

sensesmaybenumbed likes this.
  12. beave

beave Coach

[​IMG]

13. sempmrh

sempmrh Juniors

I think the collars on those Knights jerseys are different to the sneak peak video from a few weeks ago.

Something about those jerseys doesn't sit right with me and I'm not sure what it is.

14. GAZF

GAZF First Grade

I don't. But picture the perfect Bulldogs jersey and that's it.

15. Klim

Klim Juniors

[​IMG]

axl rose likes this.
  16. yakstorm

yakstorm Bench

Such a useless 'alternate' design.... How do we reduce our clashes with mainly white jerseys....let's just half our blue area to grey....

axl rose likes this.
  17. MugaB

MugaB Juniors

Almost your avatar for the away, they just ruinied by adding white sleeves, and white at the bottom

18. sempmrh

sempmrh Juniors

I don't think it's necessarily a bad look - just not for the Bulldogs.

19. kdalymc

kdalymc Bench

This was fine. The only other white team was Dragons. And they've played eachother for 900 years with no issue.
    Dumb change tho

20. kdalymc

kdalymc Bench

Haha the knight facing right looks shithouse

isavedtheday likes this.