1. Out Now: The Front Row rugby league magazine

LeagueUnlimited.com is proud to launch a brand new weekly publication to accompany your footy weekend.

This week we have a special feature on how fans of fantasy footy survived the lockdown period between March and June thanks to Joshua Wells - he speaks to Jamie from NRLCEO Fantasy.

EDITION 7 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Discussion in 'NRL' started by Nuke, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Timmah

Timmah LeagueUnlimited News Editor Staff Member

If you post something someone disagrees with, they're entitled to discuss it with you. You're not obliged to reply and there's no reason to get as aggro as you did. /end

Frailty likes this.
  2. Foreign Legion

Foreign Legion First Grade

Sounds like you on a daily basis

3. defunk

defunk Juniors

Oh yessssss AMEN!

4. Rooster8

Rooster8 Juniors

Can we get someone else who's club is not on the verge of bankruptcy to explain this? If the Sharks weren't so desperate for cash and didn't accept a sh*t double roofing sponsor as their main sponsor out of desperateness, I don't think you'd be backing those comments ahah

I mean - look at that sponsor! hahaha hope you got some decent cash for that sacrifice

[​IMG]

wazdog likes this.
  5. kdalymc

kdalymc Bench

(missed this last year)
    And that's (one of many reasons) why the NRL logo f**ken sucks ballllz FB_IMG_1580808839874.jpg

Reflector likes this.
  6. kdalymc

kdalymc Bench

If it was Melbourne or Newcastle you can guarantee they would have put that inside a big black box...

7. wazdog

wazdog Juniors

True, but your away jersey had the logo in green last year.

[​IMG]

As sempmrh said, the circumstances of every single sponsorship deal is unique.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  8. MugaB

MugaB Juniors

Maybe the sponsors wanted it that way ;)
    True, but atleast its not covering the design, regardless of the colors or branding, one thing roosters jerseys do well

9. kdalymc

kdalymc Bench

if Newcastle ran sharks.... sharks1.png

10. sempmrh

sempmrh Juniors

Storm have had a good track record of sponsor logo integration since about 2013 - the occasional one off jersey excluded.

yakstorm likes this.
  11. unforgiven

unforgiven Bench

I like how well they integrated their sponsor for 2020!

Timmah likes this.
  12. The Marshall

The Marshall Juniors

Looks like there’s 2 versions of the Dogs Nines jersey. One has white piping and the other has blue. BD5053DE-2067-4B51-B4F8-CACCCF62BEB6.jpeg
    [​IMG]

13. Frailty

Frailty First Grade

The second jersey looks like it is a retail version (no grips on the jersey, and the nines logo looks like it is stitched when compared to the first. The positioning of the logos, etc also look off between the two versions as well.

It'd be extremely interesting to see if there is a significant design changed between the players and retail versions.

The Marshall likes this.
  14. stylebender

stylebender Juniors

I can't reveal my sources

15. Reflector

Reflector Juniors

The Knights NIB logo could've been a compromise where they had just the NIB text with a green outline- because as you can see from their normal logo, NIB is not necessarily white text in a green box. They could even have gone with green text/ white outline (although this wouldn't look as 'clean' as the white text).

As for the Sharks major sponsor, the biggest letdown is that ACE Gutters logo in the triangle- the 3-D effect on it looks dated, a 2-D logo would be an improvement and if they really wanted to clean it up, ironically the Sharks could've suggested ACE follow the same lead as AussieDuct did in the late 80's and had just ACE GUTTERS on the front, then DURAKOTE ROOFING on the upper back

Sternum sponsors are still the worst thing, but. They're ugly, can ruin an otherwise flawless jersey and (based on the rotation of companies paying for that spot) I get the impression sponsors aren't really getting their moneys' worth from them anyway.

MugaB likes this.
  16. Timmah

For a brandmark like NIB, it would only be applications publicly used - either the text only in a single colour, or the text as it is in a white or green box with the writing the inverse colour.

I could be wrong but I don't recall NIB using their brand with an outlined wordmark anywhere.

Frailty likes this.
  17. azza29

azza29 Juniors

Arguably it's in the sponsor's best interests to have their logo look good on the jersey, if fans are more likely to buy one that's additional exposure for the brand. As a supporter I definitely care less about having the latest (i.e. current season) jersey than having one that looks good.

18. Timmah

I agree in some respects but in a place like Newcastle I don't think it would actually be that big of an impact. People put supporting their team ahead of what colour the sponsors logo is. If it wasn't selling well after 4-5 years of NIB on the front they wouldn't keep doing it IMO

19. MugaB

MugaB Juniors

Im up in Newcastle once a month, as some of our friends have moved up there a few years ago, and in going to the local pubs there, the NIB logo gets mentioned as a joke a few times, ive heard it around, (like souff fans with no teeff) and in round 25 we played them in penrith, we used it as a joke, an they didn't like it, appart from the drumming we gave them, its unfortunate that they know that it can be done better, and most probably sell better too

20. Hit The Post

Hit The Post Juniors

well the ones for sale have blue piping

Jackson Allison likes this.