What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Membership

taipan

Referee
millionaires chomping at the bit, state govt fully behind it, 20k fans in waiting. Just need an nrl commission with some balls and away we go.

yep happened with the Titans millionaires chomping at the bit.
Fans numbers in a league stronghold looked promising initially
it's when the stump up at the start and through the bad times, that is the true test.

taipan

Referee
75% of games are on at reasonable times. Most clubs only get 2-3 sht time slots a season so the other 9-10 games are at reasonable times. If they actually treat those 2-3 games differently in terms of inducements for fans to go then that would all least be a start to building crowds.

75% of games are at reasonable times perhaps for some other clubs.Thursday night,6 pm Friday, early Saturday arvo slots are ordinaire .Especially when playing interstate teams ,and regional ones.
You have also to take into account who you play.How many Perths fans will travel to Canberra, or Cronulla, or Penrith
Get rid fo 6pm Friday night at least and give all clubs a dig.

Perth Red

Post Whore
yep happened with the Titans millionaires chomping at the bit.
Fans numbers in a league stronghold looked promising initially
it's when the stump up at the start and through the bad times, that is the true test.

that is true, but one things for sure, if you’ve not got them at the start you def won’t have them in the bad times lol.

Perth Red

Post Whore
75% of games are at reasonable times perhaps for some other clubs.Thursday night,6 pm Friday, early Saturday arvo slots are ordinaire .Especially when playing interstate teams ,and regional ones.
You have also to take into account who you play.How many Perths fans will travel to Canberra, or Cronulla, or Penrith
Get rid fo 6pm Friday night at least and give all clubs a dig.

what’s wrong with Saturday afternoons as a game time? Like I showed earlier most clubs only have 2-3 games in the poorer slots, so 75% plus in good slots. Make the poor slots dead cheap and see if we can improve the attendance in our worse times.

taipan

Referee
what’s wrong with Saturday afternoons as a game time? Like I showed earlier most clubs only have 2-3 games in the poorer slots, so 75% plus in good slots. Make the poor slots dead cheap and see if we can improve the attendance in our worse times.

Sport for youngsters.Having said that I'd much prefer that ,to 6pm derp spot.

taipan

Referee
And? So have Manly, Souths, roosters etc. you make it sound like having multi millionaires investing a club is a bad thing lol

"And".Want to make sure history is not repeated.'And" The clubs you mentioned have along history.

Perth Red

Post Whore
"And".Want to make sure history is not repeated.'And" The clubs you mentioned have along history.

so wha do you suggest? We don’t have multi millionaire investors at the beginning in case they pull out at a later date? Seems a strange strategy Just in case lol!
Peter Cummins has been putting millions into WA RL for twenty years, I’m pretty confident he won’t just bail when it gets hard.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/pl...bid-for-nrl-team-in-west-20200212-p5407u.html

taipan

Referee
so wha do you suggest? We don’t have multi millionaire investors at the beginning in case they pull out at a later date? Seems a strange strategy Just in case lol!
Peter Cummins has been putting millions into WA RL for twenty years, I’m pretty confident he won’t just bail when it gets hard.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/pl...bid-for-nrl-team-in-west-20200212-p5407u.html

For start let's check the 9s crowds this weekend.Then check with the likes of FTA and Pay TV stations as to the numbers in that city if a Perth side was introduced.
ATM the TV numbers for NRL games have been ordinary, remembring News Ltd poured tens of millions fo dollars into the Storm losing money hand over foot.Then they had teh dream run with Bellamy and the magic 3.What happens there with them all gone.
I understand Peter Cummins is putting his hard earned into getting a club on board, and IMO should be rewarded for his efforts.
But the question is are the TV stations prepared to up their Tv deal with a Perth club that may draw little interest there or here.A 2nd Brisbane side will attract the ratings necessary in a competitive yet a market threatened by social media.
The NRL if it decides to commit to add on 2 sides, must have all Ts crossed.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I reckon we’d comfortably start at around 15k members and build from there depending on how well run the club is.

why check the nines crowds? It’s a sht event set up to perform badly crowd wise. Why not consider the sell out 60k at last years meaningful event? Or the 39k at the DH’er, or the 5 sell out 20k nrl games, or the sell out test match? I think we’ve seen enough over the last ten years to be comfortable there is a solid fan base to build on here.

franklin2323

Immortal

You driven around on Sat? Shopping and Kids sport

franklin2323

Immortal
I’ve got no issues with the 5.30 or 7.30 slots on a Saturday but you’re spot on about earlier times.
It’s a no go zone

I get they are needed as they don’t want timeslots doubled up. These should be the games clubs take to the bush perfect for weekends away

taipan

Referee
I reckon we’d comfortably start at around 15k members and build from there depending on how well run the club is.

why check the nines crowds? It’s a sht event set up to perform badly crowd wise. Why not consider the sell out 60k at last years meaningful event? Or the 39k at the Fake’er, or the 5 sell out 20k nrl games, or the sell out test match? I think we’ve seen enough over the last ten years to be comfortable there is a solid fan base to build on here.

"Why check the nines crowds"If their fans are really interested i n getting an NRL team, they would do all in their power to get to a tournament involving NRL players.
SOO will just about sell out in Antartica.

Perth Red

Post Whore
"Why check the nines crowds"If their fans are really interested i n getting an NRL team, they would do all in their power to get to a tournament involving NRL players.
SOO will just about sell out in Antartica.

been there, done that, nothing happened, now couldn’t give a f**k. It’s clear after 8 years turning up to nrl games makes zero difference to the nrl’s decision on expansion. Anyway we are off membership so happy to continue the debate on merits of a perth team in the expansion section :)

Xcalibre

Juniors
And when games start getting broadcast in 4K definition, the bigger screens at home become even more appealing than they already are.

What do you mean “start”. Some games have been broadcast in 4k since last season. It was 1 game per round on fox sports I think, maybe more.

I watched the 9s on the uhd channel yesterday. I like the fact that I put it on fox footy and got a prompt asking if I wanted to watch in 4k.

One would imagine the 4k games only increasing this season.

I live 4 hours from Sydney, and hate the place, so probably won’t be attending any games, but when I lived there a few years ago, I went to many. Even if you’ve got the 4k big screen, it’s the going out and actively supporting your team that makes attending a game attractive, but I agree the quality of broadcast makes it less attractive.

The reality is, if you’re passionate about the sport/your team, you’ll go regardless. TV can never match the experience of being at the ground.

Perth Red

Post Whore
This. I get you might prefer to watch on TV games where you are a neutral, but your own team where you have emotional investment the live experience is always going to trump your living room for the excitement and emotional experience of being there. If you’re happy to watch on tv when you could be at the game you’re not much of a fan imo.

Latest posts