What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 NRL draw re-release

greenBV4

Bench
Good, has been a weird year not being able to see the team play in Melbourne but glad they've found some support on the Sunny Coast. Maybe the Storm can relocate to Townsville for finals and take advantage of that nice new stadium...
would be nice but im sure with our good record there and probably not having to relocate training bases we'll play them out of Suncorp

The Partisan

Will any of the last few rounds have a Saturday night game made free to air like in the last couple of years ? Understand this is a different circumstance for season 2020 but still curious.

Diesel

Referee
Channel 9 didn’t want NRL games past the first weekend of October so that’ll screw the free to air watcher no doubt

no name

Coach
Channel 9 didn’t want NRL games past the first weekend of October so that’ll screw the free to air watcher no doubt
But but the T20 World Cup.
f**king morons.
International sport was always going to be f**ked.

yobbo84

First Grade
I didn't want to start a new thread but can I say how much more enjoyable this season is being only 20 rounds with no origin distraction mid season?

Those round 10-16 games were useless previously. Every match seems important now.

It'll never happen (because $$$, I understand why) but I'd love this as a template moving forward.

Diesel

Referee
I didn't want to start a new thread but can I say how much more enjoyable this season is being only 20 rounds with no origin distraction mid season?

Those round 10-16 games were useless previously. Every match seems important now.

It'll never happen (because $$$, I understand why) but I'd love this as a template moving forward.
They’ve been forced into a 20 rounds of regular season footy where each game means more.

Perth Red

Post Whore

It'd be interesting to do a value analysis looking at a 20 team comp playing 20 rounds (every team once home or away, plus magic round)
You'd lose some games from the lost rounds but gain games per round giving an extra net gain of games. You could also increase the finals series numbers.

Include more RL content such as a challenge cup style knock out inter state cup, expand NRLW and more coverage of NSW/Qlnd cup games, proper test fixtures, pre season nines and you've more than enough content to properly fill 10 months of RL on TV!

Valheru

Coach

I agree but they won't shorten the season, too much TV dollars at stake.

Hopefully they implement stand alone origin period in the middle of season though because NRL games where teams are missing their best players because of origin are an embarrassment.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I agree but they won't shorten the season, too much TV dollars at stake.

Hopefully they implement stand alone origin period in the middle of season though because NRL games where teams are missing their best players because of origin are an embarrassment.

The potential value of Rep football per-game is SOOO much higher.

Its a shame that the rep teams are never given a chance...