What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Origin I - QLD 18-14 NSW @ Adelaide

Series: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GongPanther

Referee
I wish you'd learn your own lesson. That is supposed to be the half time score, then Qld win by 33-4.

For mine, it's practically a warm up match for both Qld and NSW, although NSW will get the chokkies by 24-14.

Rabs to come all over Sterlo's face when Queen Guffo gets the first try.

GongPanther

Referee
his lack of creativity will be his downfall. When his 5/8 and hooker aren't making breaks and creating try's Cleary has nothing.
Thing is that people have to remember that he still is a work in progress. Cleary's flair and creativity will come once he has mastered the basics, and when he has developed his confidence a little further.

The_Frog

First Grade
Too many NSW forwards there on reputation. I thought Freddy would have learnt from game 1 last year. NSW bench is skewwhiff as well. I'd expect RCG to come in for Walker.

soc123_au

Staff member
Too many NSW forwards there on reputation. I thought Freddy would have learnt from game 1 last year.

11, 12 & 13 are horribly out of form. Jake & Cordner have earnt the right to incumbency, not sold on Friz. I think we still have enough grunt to get the job done still.

aqua_duck

Coach
11, 12 & 13 are horribly out of form. Jake & Cordner have earnt the right to incumbency, not sold on Friz. I think we still have enough grunt to get the job done still.
It's a myth that Frizzell is horribly out of form, he has statistically one of his best years. Don't fall into Gallen's trap of mistaking the dragons form and Frizzell's form.
Statistically he's way up in every single area from last year

shear_joy9

Coach
Too many NSW forwards there on reputation. I thought Freddy would have learnt from game 1 last year.

yep.

Jake T had a terrible season. His season highlight was a halftime talk, not anything he did on the field.
Don't see the point in playing pudding brain Cordner either.

shear_joy9

Coach
Thing is that people have to remember that he still is a work in progress. Cleary's flair and creativity will come once he has mastered the basics, and when he has developed his confidence a little further.

it's not a case of learning to walk before you can run. Some players just don't have it

Tommy Smith

Referee
That's a gun NSW side even with so many star 3/4s missing.

The halves are NSW best in 15 years. Both world class and a perfect combination. Massives lols at the Cleary haters. I too was a critic before 2020 when his creativity was questionable; but he has come on in leaps and bounds. The bloke is a superstar and will have a great series, but that won't stop NSWs whinging ass fans from criticising him.

Also the forward pack has a great mix of experience, size, skill, speed and power. I love the look of the front row. And that bench is absolute dynamite.

NSW by 24.

Last edited:

aqua_duck

Coach
That's a gun NSW side even with so many star 3/4s missing.

The halves are NSW best in 15 years. Both world class and a perfect combination. Massives lols at the Cleary haters. I too was a critic before 2020 when his creativity was questionable; but he has come on in leaps and bounds. The bloke is a superstar and will have a great series, but that won't stop NSWs whinging ass fans from criticising him.

Also the forward pack has a great mix of experience, size and power. I love the look of the front row. And that bench is absolute dynamite.

NSW by 24.
Agreed. Can't please everyone

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Bit biased but I was hoping to see NBrown get a run off the bench, just to see him got Origin level mad merkin

soc123_au

Staff member
It's a myth that Frizzell is horribly out of form, he has statistically one of his best years. Don't fall into Gallen's trap of mistaking the dragons form and Frizzell's form.
Statistically he's way up in every single area from last year
I hadn't looked at his stats & I don't put much stock in Gal's opinion. I based most of it on when I've watched the Dragons for the most part the only one you would feed is McInnes plus Dufty & Lomax in patches. Admittedly although I watched the majority of their games I'm also getting a laugh out of the match day threads on here, so not paying the same attention as i would a Panthers game.

The_Frog

First Grade
Which of the incumbents didn't perform last year?
Cordner and Cook each let in tries that almost cost NSW the series, they were saved by 2 blokes who are no longer there and one who is. Choosing the team on form from May-July 2019 is asking for trouble. Both did the same again in the finals. You wouldn't drop Cook, even though his first half of the season wasn't too flash, but his ability from dummy half still outweighs his defensive issues. Cordner is on borrowed time. Frizell and Jake had poor seasons in poorly performed teams as well, and to be honest I'm not that fussed on Saifiti's late season form either. If they kill it now its all good, but what happened to the Fittler mantra of picking his team on effort?

aqua_duck

Coach
Cordner and Cook each let in tries that almost cost NSW the series, they were saved by 2 blokes who are no longer there and one who is. Choosing the team on form from May-July 2019 is asking for trouble. Both did the same again in the finals. You wouldn't drop Cook, even though his first half of the season wasn't too flash, but his ability from dummy half still outweighs his defensive issues. Cordner is on borrowed time. Frizell and Jake had poor seasons in poorly performed teams as well, and to be honest I'm not that fussed on Saifiti's late season form either. If they kill it now its all good, but what happened to the Fittler mantra of picking his team on effort?
Again I don't agree Frizell had a poor season, the stats back that up, Jake was statistically slightly down on last season but only slightly, those guys don't control what happens around the spine of their respective teams. I agree with Cordner but he was never going to be dropped. Which of those players don't you think put in the effort? If effort is the marker I'm pretty sure most of those guys get at least a pass mark. I think you're falling into the trap of mistaking team form and individual form