What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Origin I - QLD 18-14 NSW @ Adelaide

Series: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The_Frog

First Grade
Again I don't agree Frizell had a poor season, the stats back that up, Jake was statistically slightly down on last season but only slightly, those guys don't control what happens around the spine of their respective teams. I agree with Cordner but he was never going to be dropped. Which of those players don't you think put in the effort? If effort is the marker I'm pretty sure most of those guys get at least a pass mark. I think you're falling into the trap of mistaking team form and individual form
Ask Dragons fans what they thought of Friz's form this year. His hand must have shook when he held it out for his pay I reckon. He did have a good game in the last round against the Storm juniors, just like RCG in his last game at Penrith. He is likely to kill it for NSW, I'm sure he's got it in him, but I don't think he's earned his place, based on watching him play rather than stats.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Not too sure how a lazy slug like Toops gets a run but the halves are top shelf, fantastic pack and there should be a shitload of points in that NSW side. The Blues have played somewhere near their potential only once (game II last year) in the past 2 years and they're still a fair way off being the finished product.

Need to win the first 2 games, the refs will be riding the rednecks home in game III on their shitheap.

Silent Knight

First Grade
It’s a bloody travesty I’ll tell you that there is no justice, zip, zilch, none, kaput, when Isaah Yeo isn’t the first one picked for this Blues Origin team. If Freddy ever got his head out of the clouds and off that front porch he would deliver the sweet, sweet vindication that Isaah has been craving for years and end the sadness that has filled the hearts of Panthers fans all over the country ever since the Gold Coast Titans sucked the playing ability out of Bryce Cartwright and denied Isaah his place in the Pantheon of Exalted Riffy Bluey Pamffers.

soc123_au

Staff member
They think that their starchy pinheaded backrowers are better than a proven performer like Frizell.
I'm as big an Issah Yeo fan as you are likely to find, but he starts at lock or he isn't in the team. Jake had a bad year by his standards, but as I said earlier in the thread he deserves his incumbency. He could do a job in Frizell's place, but he is better in the middle, he wouldn't be in my team on an edge anymore except in an emergency.

The only other Panther I would have had for game 1 is Crichton in place of Gutho.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
If QLD were fair dinkum Grant should have been their first player picked.

Jake Friend has been a great player for a long time but Grant was exceptional this year and is the future. Friend has been unlucky due to being around at the same time as Smith and some badly timed injuries, but you just don’t give a bloke a jersey because he’s been unlucky in the past.

aqua_duck

Coach
Ask Dragons fans what they thought of Friz's form this year. His hand must have shook when he held it out for his pay I reckon. He did have a good game in the last round against the Storm juniors, just like RCG in his last game at Penrith. He is likely to kill it for NSW, I'm sure he's got it in him, but I don't think he's earned his place, based on watching him play rather than stats.
Just curious as to how many games you actually watched closely?
What areas did you feel he was poor? If you're going to have an argument I'd suggest facts rather than supposed hearsay

The_Frog

First Grade
Just curious as to how many games you actually watched closely?
I'd say most of the Dragons games. I didn't think he looked interested most of the time, consistent with needing a change of clubs, but both you and Fittler saw something I didn't, obviously.

moffla

Bench
State of that Queensland side. The tide has well and truly shifted now.

That said, we will continue to do what NSW do best and make it hard for ourselves!

aqua_duck

Coach
I'd say most of the Dragons games. I didn't think he looked interested most of the time, consistent with needing a change of clubs, but both you and Fittler saw something I didn't, obviously.
Not interested but led all NSW edge backrowers in tackles, tackle percentage, metres, post contact metres and second in tackle breaks as well as having the lowest error/penalty rate. As I said he's significantly up in literally every statistical category from 2019 but I guess that doesn't mean anything because according to your PHD in body language he had a bad year

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
Not interested but led all NSW edge backrowers in tackles, tackle percentage, mates, post contact metres and second in tackle breaks as well as having the lowest error/penalty rate. As I said he's significantly up in literally every statistical category from 2019 but I guess that doesn't mean anything because according to your PHD in body language he had a bad year
He needs to smile more.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Just missing a coach like Seaplod.
tenor.gif

Not too sure how a lazy slug like Toops gets a run....

Proves you haven't watched him much this year. Daniel Tupou was amongst my club's best this year. Always put his hand up to run the ball when the forwsards needed a breather and even though, due to injury, he only played in 15 out of the Roosters 22 games in 2020 he still managed to score 11 tries (source: https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/daniel-tupou/summary.html) whilst often was often in our top 3 yardage makers game in game out averaging 181 meters per game, or 2728 running meters for the season which made put him in the top 33 players in the NRL (source: https://www.nrl.com/stats/players/?competition=111&season=2020&stat=1000037).

Then add in that with Keary in the side, and playing left edge, having a combination with Tupou probably helped. Finally add in he is a monster under the high ball on most occasions.

Latest posts