What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Origin II - NSW 34-10 QLD @ ANZ

Series: NSW v QLD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sime_11

Juniors
its a very panic selection team by Freddy Brandy & Co.... it reeks of typical NSW mentality

expect game 1 to be a cake walk, panic changes for game 2, usually it results in the NSW coach being axed after game 3.... we dont seem to learn.

being a Panther fan, i love Cleary but he hasnt progressed at Origin, he looked solid in the 2018 series but keeps gradually declining since.... his kicking game is good when he is on, but in origin does the exact same kick every single time, long bomb from 40-50 out.... change it up man !!!! put doubt into the QLD defence.... and when NSW are attacking the try line - use fkn grubbers and force repeat sets - Smith, Cronk, Thurston did it every game - keep making them defend and dont hold up....

that bench is overkill with forwards, pray that Cook doesn't go down.... Cam McInnes would have complemented that bench and team if picked - we can hope but NSW dont pull last minute changes unless there's an injury.

as others are saying - pick players in their correct position, there is no one available for NSW currently who warrants being picked out of position, Hayne would probably be the only player you make the exception for in the past 10 years... if they arent good enough to be picked in their current position .... they arent good enough to be accommodated for to make the team...

QLD will play well - everyone knows that - NSW need points and points in the first half to be a chance - QLD will grind to victory if its close again.

Xcalibre

Juniors
Never go full Simple Jack... nek minnit..

Freddy must be smoking some gooood shit, to pick that team. The backline was utter trash and he sticks with twopoos and JAC not on the left wing, where he dominates?!

How about playing guys where they play their best? Nah, too obvious man. Has twopoos ever performed well at origin level?

Then he drops one of the best NSW prop performers in a long time, in Paulo. OK...

Drops Keary for one quiet game. Give the kid a chance, he's one of the best 5/8ths around. My only question about him, is if his heart is in it. He apparently had always wanted to be a maroon. If he still has even a modicum of that feeling, you can't pick him, but only him and the staff know if that's an issue. Cleary may be the most passionate blue there is, but it means diddly squat if you don't have any influence on the result.

Reflector

Juniors
Despite the usual arguments about who is playing/ who is playing where I think NSW win tomorrow night. I'd expect them to play with the same intensity they showed in the last 10 minutes of Game 1 for longer and (as Gal famously declared once) everybody wants a decider.

For Qld to win they need to hit the line at speed again, push for more offloads and hope that NSW keep turning over possession/ fail to get out of 2nd gear for most of the game.

But regardless of what people say about Freddy, I've yet to see a side managed by him turn out two underwhelming performances in a row so I'm quietly confident about tomorrow night.

Tweed Titan

Bench
Hopefully Cook and Cleary have practised their 5th tackle pass service. It was so sluggish in game 1 and put Cleary's kicking game under huge pressure.

I think they were both partially to blame.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
There'll be massive pressure on officials to ensure this to a decider, given the appalling ratings of Game 1.

I'm expecting six again calls to feature strongly as they can slide through without too much examination. In the first half NSW will not have too much trouble coming out of their own half if Qld manage to pin them with a good kick within their own 20.

Otherwise, Queensland will just have to grind this one out. Nothing flashy required from the likes of Holmes. Just minimal mistakes as per the second half of the first game and opportunities will come.

shear_joy9

Coach
Untitled.png

Munted

Bench
I for one enjoy the border closure to qld, useless bunch of merkins.
Cricket score tonight. 54-10.
Qld player in the bin.