What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

callmack1

Staff member
Friggin awesome to see the arch-rivals bundled out!!! Thank god the three-peat has died!

While I'm very happy with that, I'm not celebrating too hard as we do not know our fate tomorrow night yet.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
An excellent opinion piece written here. Good to know there is SOMEONE in the media that doesn't call for lynching people without a trial and without evidence that is tested by the law:

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/why-i-...ss-and-the-souths-doctor-20201008-p563b0.html

I will be very interested to see the responses of the father-in-law, who is claiming that medicine scripts were written in his name, to the questions that surely will be coming his way: did you know the scripts were written in your name? If so, when did you know? Did you give permission for this to be done? If so, when and how? Were their witnesses present to your approval or disapproval of permission? If you believed this to be wrong, why did you not immediately file a complaint?

handyman2190

Bench
An excellent opinion piece written here. Good to know there is SOMEONE in the media that doesn't call for lynching people without a trial and without evidence that is tested by the law:

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/why-i-...ss-and-the-souths-doctor-20201008-p563b0.html

I will be very interested to see the responses of the father-in-law, who is claiming that medicine scripts were written in his name, to the questions that surely will be coming his way: did you know the scripts were written in your name? If so, when did you know? Did you give permission for this to be done? If so, when and how? Were their witnesses present to your approval or disapproval of permission? If you believed this to be wrong, why did you not immediately file a complaint?
Your raising good questions, but self entitled nose in the air people like him,who has power, order of Australia etc, seem to BS themselves to the top like oil in water, as few are willing to challenge them.
Sams wanting a fair go with his kids,joint custody, able to see them etc, they are not providing that,keeping them at the property he cant go to, this 50 page story is to discredit his court action to get a fair go.
These people are poison!

Wizardman

First Grade

I like to kick Souths up the ass......but this is the best article I've read regarding this whole saga. One that is actually......balanced.

CliveC

Juniors
I thought at the time that a working man like Sam was taking some risk in embracing such a powerful family.
An article reported that Luke had problems with some rah rahs at Sams wedding.
I remember having Chooks fans pulling out their class hatred at a game when I was barracking for the greatest Rugby team in the known universe Souths!

callmack1

Staff member
Tedesco, Cordner, Gutherson among nine added to Blues squad: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/10/11/tedesco-cordner-gutherson-among-nine-added-to-blues-squad/

Why I am concerned for Sam Burgess and the Souths doctor: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/why-i-...ss-and-the-souths-doctor-20201008-p563b0.html

From Weidler in the Daily Telegraph, an absolute BS article,

Russell Crowe did not like inquiries this column made when we first revealed the breakdown in his relationship with Sam Burgess in November. It was played down by both parties, but I’ve been told communication between the pair has been limited during the past six months. Some say it’s non-existent.

The exact nature of their relationship may emerge if Crowe speaks to those investigating allegations against Burgess. Their relationship certainly wasn’t what it was when the pair embraced following the 2014 grand final.

Burgess also had a significant falling out with former Rabbitohs football manager Shane Richardson. Things got very nasty between the pair. Richardson was dealing with an alleged sexting scandal and the breakdown of Burgess’ marriage; nothing like the allegations of domestic violence and drug use levelled at the former star in The Australian recently. Burgess denies the allegations.

Richardson has publicly stated he was unaware Burgess had to be medicated after a drug-fuelled bender, as claimed in The Australian. If Richardson ever tells his side of the story about the relationship breakdown it would make headlines.

Richardson had a fateful warning for Souths chief executive Blake Solly when he left the club earlier this year: he said dealing with Burgess would be his greatest challenge.

There is a growing anger towards Burgess from the Souths hierarchy. They have been waiting for him to clear them of any knowledge of his alleged drug-fuelled binge. That is obviously difficult given Burgess’ court battles. His failure to make any statement has tarnished the club’s brand.

South Sydney Rabbitohs say Sam Burgess report is not a distraction ahead of their crucial NRL finals clash.
Souths think a short statement from Burgess would take the heat off the board, the chairman and the CEO. It would also clear Crowe, who has done so much for the Burgess family.

Souths have said time and again they knew nothing of Burgess’ alleged behaviour. That seems implausible, given that their club doctor was allegedly present on the now infamous night. They say they didn’t know because Souths doctor Andrew McDonald was treating Burgess as an individual patient, not as a player.

Expect McDonald to argue that a script was allegedly written in the name of Mitchell Hooke, the father of Burgess’ wife, Phoebe, because the doctor didn’t think it would be safe to leave Burgess alone. Smarter people than me will determine whether this is plausible.

Burgess has had some contact with the outside world since this story broke. He rang his bosses at Fox Sports to stand down. Celebrity accountant Anthony Bell was part of that discussion. It is difficult to know if Bell was acting as a manager or a mate. He has previously let Burgess stay in his luxury home during rocky periods in his marriage with Phoebe in the past

There is now a whispering campaign aimed at discrediting the journalists who broke the story, one of whom has a personal relationship with Phoebe.

Burgess’ lawyer, Bryan Wrench, made some very strong points in court during the week about the ‘‘job’’ that has been done on Burgess by the Hooke family and provided context about the timing of the story in The Australian and what is going on between Phoebe and Sam.

Sam and Phoebe Burgess did not respond to calls and text messages seeking comment.

Bunny and power
The NRL must take some blame for the situation at South Sydney in relation to the Burgess affair because it has allowed the club to dominate past investigations.

New chief executive Andrew Abdo faces a stern test. Many in the game feel the Rabbitohs have been able to pull the wool over the eyes of head office in the past.

It all dates back to 2015 when Luke Burgess and John Sutton were arrested following a boozy night in an Arizona bar. The club notified the NRL integrity unit about the incident, but said charges had been withdrawn by authorities.

What Souths didn’t mention is that they were dropped only after a secret payment was made to a bouncer who was injured in the incident. They played the NRL off a break. Souths escaped with a $20,000 fine after an investigation could not prove that club officials knew about the payment. The case was highly embarrassing for the NRL, but Souths escaped with a slap on the wrist.

When Burgess was embroiled in an alleged sexting scandal two years ago, Souths again made the NRL look amateurish. The club quickly announced its own investigation into the matter, rather than allowing the integrity unit to head up an inquiry, which is normal practice. Somehow the NRL allowed Souths to investigate their own player. Not surprisingly, the club cleared Burgess of any wrongdoing.

The Parramatta Eels host the South Sydney Rabbitohs in a sudden death elimination final.
Then, just over 12 months ago, Burgess labelled the NRL judiciary a ‘‘kangaroo court’’, even though it was headed by Supreme Court judge Geoff Bellew. Rather than being hauled over the coals, former NRL boss Todd Greenberg invited Burgess for a cup of tea in his office and fined him $10,000. But the fine was suspended; he didn’t pay a cent.

It all played into the narrative that strong clubs have been able to run rings around the NRL too long.

assess5

Juniors
Tedesco, Cordner, Gutherson among nine added to Blues squad: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/10/11/tedesco-cordner-gutherson-among-nine-added-to-blues-squad/

Why I am concerned for Sam Burgess and the Souths doctor: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/why-i-...ss-and-the-souths-doctor-20201008-p563b0.html

From Weidler in the Daily Telegraph, an absolute BS article,

Russell Crowe did not like inquiries this column made when we first revealed the breakdown in his relationship with Sam Burgess in November. It was played down by both parties, but I’ve been told communication between the pair has been limited during the past six months. Some say it’s non-existent.

The exact nature of their relationship may emerge if Crowe speaks to those investigating allegations against Burgess. Their relationship certainly wasn’t what it was when the pair embraced following the 2014 grand final.

Burgess also had a significant falling out with former Rabbitohs football manager Shane Richardson. Things got very nasty between the pair. Richardson was dealing with an alleged sexting scandal and the breakdown of Burgess’ marriage; nothing like the allegations of domestic violence and drug use levelled at the former star in The Australian recently. Burgess denies the allegations.

Richardson has publicly stated he was unaware Burgess had to be medicated after a drug-fuelled bender, as claimed in The Australian. If Richardson ever tells his side of the story about the relationship breakdown it would make headlines.

Richardson had a fateful warning for Souths chief executive Blake Solly when he left the club earlier this year: he said dealing with Burgess would be his greatest challenge.

There is a growing anger towards Burgess from the Souths hierarchy. They have been waiting for him to clear them of any knowledge of his alleged drug-fuelled binge. That is obviously difficult given Burgess’ court battles. His failure to make any statement has tarnished the club’s brand.

South Sydney Rabbitohs say Sam Burgess report is not a distraction ahead of their crucial NRL finals clash.
Souths think a short statement from Burgess would take the heat off the board, the chairman and the CEO. It would also clear Crowe, who has done so much for the Burgess family.

Souths have said time and again they knew nothing of Burgess’ alleged behaviour. That seems implausible, given that their club doctor was allegedly present on the now infamous night. They say they didn’t know because Souths doctor Andrew McDonald was treating Burgess as an individual patient, not as a player.

Expect McDonald to argue that a script was allegedly written in the name of Mitchell Hooke, the father of Burgess’ wife, Phoebe, because the doctor didn’t think it would be safe to leave Burgess alone. Smarter people than me will determine whether this is plausible.

Burgess has had some contact with the outside world since this story broke. He rang his bosses at Fox Sports to stand down. Celebrity accountant Anthony Bell was part of that discussion. It is difficult to know if Bell was acting as a manager or a mate. He has previously let Burgess stay in his luxury home during rocky periods in his marriage with Phoebe in the past

There is now a whispering campaign aimed at discrediting the journalists who broke the story, one of whom has a personal relationship with Phoebe.

Burgess’ lawyer, Bryan Wrench, made some very strong points in court during the week about the ‘‘job’’ that has been done on Burgess by the Hooke family and provided context about the timing of the story in The Australian and what is going on between Phoebe and Sam.

Sam and Phoebe Burgess did not respond to calls and text messages seeking comment.

Bunny and power
The NRL must take some blame for the situation at South Sydney in relation to the Burgess affair because it has allowed the club to dominate past investigations.

New chief executive Andrew Abdo faces a stern test. Many in the game feel the Rabbitohs have been able to pull the wool over the eyes of head office in the past.

It all dates back to 2015 when Luke Burgess and John Sutton were arrested following a boozy night in an Arizona bar. The club notified the NRL integrity unit about the incident, but said charges had been withdrawn by authorities.

What Souths didn’t mention is that they were dropped only after a secret payment was made to a bouncer who was injured in the incident. They played the NRL off a break. Souths escaped with a $20,000 fine after an investigation could not prove that club officials knew about the payment. The case was highly embarrassing for the NRL, but Souths escaped with a slap on the wrist.

When Burgess was embroiled in an alleged sexting scandal two years ago, Souths again made the NRL look amateurish. The club quickly announced its own investigation into the matter, rather than allowing the integrity unit to head up an inquiry, which is normal practice. Somehow the NRL allowed Souths to investigate their own player. Not surprisingly, the club cleared Burgess of any wrongdoing.

The Parramatta Eels host the South Sydney Rabbitohs in a sudden death elimination final.
Then, just over 12 months ago, Burgess labelled the NRL judiciary a ‘‘kangaroo court’’, even though it was headed by Supreme Court judge Geoff Bellew. Rather than being hauled over the coals, former NRL boss Todd Greenberg invited Burgess for a cup of tea in his office and fined him $10,000. But the fine was suspended; he didn’t pay a cent.

It all played into the narrative that strong clubs have been able to run rings around the NRL too long.
Doesn't weidler know world history the strong/rich always escape censure of any kind, if you got the bucks then the law doesn't apply, only us poor saps go to jail or pay finds.
To suggest any thing else is stupid, weidler must love playing with his tiny penis.

Travitoh

First Grade
I can't find the post but i read earlier today someone asking why Cook and Reynolds are similar in height but vastly different in speed.
It's to do with muscle fibres of the individual. I don't know the exact science of what it is that creates the difference but the answer is somewhere along those lines.

NovoBunny94

Juniors
I can't find the post but i read earlier today someone asking why Cook and Reynolds are similar in height but vastly different in speed.
It's to do with muscle fibres of the individual. I don't know the exact science of what it is that creates the difference but the answer is somewhere along those lines.

One is a former beach sprint champion and the other is a tubby little fat half-back :joy:

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Friggin awesome to see the arch-rivals bundled out!!! Thank god the three-peat has died!

While I'm very happy with that, I'm not celebrating too hard as we do not know our fate tomorrow night yet.
The excuses and whining that old p###k Rothfield is doing on Fox NRL 360, honestly, it's pathetically laughable.
"They lost Cronk, and Mitchell, that's enough to stop a team."
What BS!
We lost Sam, GI and Sutton, lost Latrell a month before the finals, Gagai was out injured and suspended for 4 games, Tatola missed 3 games, Roberts out for the season at the halfway Mark - boo hoo hoo - look at us, we finished better than them.

I'm so sick of the excuses and whining about the Roosters.

F### the Roosters

Last edited:

Travitoh

First Grade
Peni Terepo and Brad Takarangi amongst the players cut by Parra for next season. Both would be decent additions to the squad imo.

truthslayer

Juniors
I am so over this Suaalii, his parents his manager need to take a good look at themselves. Sport is such an up and down industry and mentally if you cannot handle it spells big trouble. No one can foresee the future and a contact sports injury may end your career. The other thing one person won't win a premiership you need a solid all-round team. Souths have superstars proven ones. To want the world so early in one's young career is foolish. I would want to spend money on players that want to play for the red and green. This will produce better results over time, having committed players. I don't believe media crap until it actually happens. My advice get off your pedestal don't believe half what people say, prove your worth.
Transfer Whispers - Souths block Chooks on teen star: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/8e96308d911a664f66ea6701beb1c973

So if you believe the media, it sounds like Suaalii is as good as gone.

callmack1

Staff member
This sounds great, has anyone heard of this guy?

ROOSTERS FUMING AT RABBITOHS RAID

League's oldest and most bitter rivals - the Roosters and Rabbits - have fought a war over one of the most promising young hit-men in the game.
Tallis Duncan - who got his name because his dad was a massive fan of former Queensland enforcer Gorden Tallis - is a powerful lock or second-rower in the Roosters' SG Ball team.
He hits so hard that videos of his tackling have gone viral on Facebook and even featured on the Matty Johns show.
But Souths have pounced on the 19-year-old and have signed him for three years from next season.
The Roosters are fuming at losing one of their best local juniors - stand by for a retaliatory strike!

I am so over this Suaalii, his parents his manager need to take a good look at themselves. Sport is such an up and down industry and mentally if you cannot handle it spells big trouble. No one can foresee the future and a contact sports injury may end your career. The other thing one person won't win a premiership you need a solid all-round team. Souths have superstars proven ones. To want the world so early in one's young career is foolish. I would want to spend money on players that want to play for the red and green. This will produce better results over time, having committed players. I don't believe media crap until it actually happens. My advice get off your pedestal don't believe half what people say, prove your worth.
Couldn't agree more mate! Great post.

handyman2190

Bench
Transfer Whispers - Souths block Chooks on teen star: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/8e96308d911a664f66ea6701beb1c973

So if you believe the media, it sounds like Suaalii is as good as gone.
And good ridance, weve actyally done a, nate butcher, on the rorters, weve signed one of their sg ball biggest prospects, a hard hitting lock second rower, the chooks are livid and looking for payback, let them sign suaalli with all his clauses and mercenary prices, its our turn!

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
This sounds great, has anyone heard of this guy?

ROOSTERS FUMING AT RABBITOHS RAID

League's oldest and most bitter rivals - the Roosters and Rabbits - have fought a war over one of the most promising young hit-men in the game.
Tallis Duncan - who got his name because his dad was a massive fan of former Queensland enforcer Gorden Tallis - is a powerful lock or second-rower in the Roosters' SG Ball team.
He hits so hard that videos of his tackling have gone viral on Facebook and even featured on the Matty Johns show.
But Souths have pounced on the 19-year-old and have signed him for three years from next season.
The Roosters are fuming at losing one of their best local juniors - stand by for a retaliatory strike!

Couldn't agree more mate! Great post.
Great stuff.
Do the Roosters even have juniors?
They got like 2 teams in their comp?

Latest posts