What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

callmack1

Staff member

Travitoh

First Grade
Also, how about these new rule changes for 2020?!!

NRL announces rule changes for scrums, challenge system, trainers, 20/40 kick: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/12/06...trainers-2040-kick-endorses-challenge-system/

ARLC pushed for captain's challenge after fan feedback: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/12/06/arlc-pushed-for-captains-challenge-after-fan-feedback/

Honestly, I absolutely love those changes! great call!! The 20/40 especially could be super interesting.

20/40 is a great change but i would like to see it change from being a new set of 6 to a continuation of the current set.

Rabbit57

Juniors
20/40 is a great change but i would like to see it change from being a new set of 6 to a continuation of the current set.
That is a very sensible suggestion. If you are pinned in your own 20 for 5 tackles it seems too generous to get another six in a good attacking position on the basis of a good kick. Continuation of the existing tackle count seems fairer for both teams.
Again, good thinking Travitoh

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Not sure myself but there is a rumour that Cody has re-signed with a small upgrade.

Yeah from what I’ve read Cody has already resigned but I think Souths are going to strategically spread out the signings and resignings for a membership drive. We’re coming into some great years for the club and should see a premiership soon so I think the club wants to break membership records as well.

Dirty deeds

Juniors
That is a very sensible suggestion. If you are pinned in your own 20 for 5 tackles it seems too generous to get another six in a good attacking position on the basis of a good kick. Continuation of the existing tackle count seems fairer for both teams.

Attempting a 20/40 particularly early in the tackle count is a high risk option, should be rewarded with the full set again.

More often then not it’s going to be a failure, handing possession over in good field position.

Realistically it will only be attempted by desperate teams playing catch up or teams heaps ahead on the score board.

if it’s a continuation of a tackle set, no one would try it, especially late in the tackle count by a team pinned, there would be no reward on the last tackle

Travitoh

First Grade

Attempting a 20/40 particularly early in the tackle count is a high risk option, should be rewarded with the full set again.

More often then not it’s going to be a failure, handing possession over in good field position.

Realistically it will only be attempted by desperate teams playing catch up or teams heaps ahead on the score board.

if it’s a continuation of a tackle set, no one would try it, especially late in the tackle count by a team pinned, there would be no reward on the last tackle

The way it plays out in my head is that the tackle is still alive as there is no play the ball. So if the 20/40 is executed on the last tackle, the attacking team still get to complete that tackle further up the field.
A new set of six is too similar to kicking for touch after a penalty for mine. Restarting the tackle count penalises the defence when they haven't actually infringed.
The reward for executing the kick is free metres.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Not sure myself but there is a rumour that Cody has re-signed with a small upgrade.
That’d be awesome Southy let’s hope it’s true! What do you think will happen with Latrell?

Also Southy I’d just like to say I like your new signature on here, so true!

Also just re Cody this past month my gut has been telling me that he will stay, just a feeling I have had.

southsport

First Grade
That’d be awesome Southy let’s hope it’s true! What do you think will happen with Latrell?

Also Southy I’d just like to say I like your new signature on here, so true!

Also just re Cody this past month my gut has been telling me that he will stay, just a feeling I have had.
Just on Mitchell, there are some Souths supporters that think the longer the signing saga goes the more likely it will be that he will end up with the bunnies.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Just on Mitchell, there are some Souths supporters that think the longer the signing saga goes the more likely it will be that he will end up with the bunnies.
Hard to argue on that.

Imo it’d be for 2021 if it happens though as they wouldn’t give him to us early.

southsport

First Grade
Hard to argue on that.

Imo it’d be for 2021 if it happens though as they wouldn’t give him to us early.
I think they would so that it would free up cap space for them to chase harder for Fifita, it wouldn't surprise me if they are attempting to offload Angus either.