What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

handyman2190

Bench
I can't find any articles about Cody's rumoured re-signing but I will be very happy if that news is true! Some people may not agree but I see Cody as a vital part of our team. Lose him and we're in trouble.

I'd absolutely love him to re-sign, especially if it is for $700k or less!
Ive heard he has or is resigning, we gave an extra 50k apparently, not wanting to move his family who love the area, he has decided to sign

callmack1

Staff member
Here we go, from the Daily Telegraph,

Cody Walker likely to sign new contract with South Sydney

After South Sydney’s subtle warning that they wouldn’t wait forever, it appears as though Cody Walker is on the verge of deciding if his future lies in Redfern.

Cody Walker’s camp is confident the playmaker will resolve his contract issues with South Sydney to remain at the club long-term.

Walker has a year to run on his deal at the Rabbitohs but he is keen to lock in an extension.

It is understood the five-eighth’s management have indicated the current offer of a reported $650,000-a-season is way below what they had in mind, which was more around the $850,000-a-season mark.

Walker has been offered a two-year extension for 2021-22 but the negotiations have not moved forward.

Rabbitohs’ general manager of football Shane Richardson recently conceded the club would like a decision “sooner rather than later”.

“We made an offer three weeks ago and we are waiting to hear back from his manager,” Richardson said.

“We haven’t got a deadline on it yet but we’d rather know sooner rather than later.”

Despite this, The Sunday Telegraph understands Walker wants to stay at Souths is looking to finalise a contract extension.

The ramifications could be significant in respect to the Rabbitohs’ future planning given he is also a contender to take over as captain.

Walker is in a three-way battle with Adam Reynolds and Test hooker Damien Cook for the top job.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
I can't find any articles about Cody's rumoured re-signing but I will be very happy if that news is true! Some people may not agree but I see Cody as a vital part of our team. Lose him and we're in trouble.

I'd absolutely love him to re-sign, especially if it is for $700k or less!
I think it's an article about Cody saying it will be sorted out soon with Souths and that he doesn't want to leave the club.

callmack1

Staff member
On another note, about Latrell, I just don't know how to feel about him. Part of me wants us to do absolutely everything we can to get him in the Red and Green but then there's another part of me that just says no.

I'll trust Wayne's judgement on this one. If he really wants him, we'll get him. In Wayne we trust.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
On another note, about Latrell, I just don't know how to feel about him. Part of me wants us to do absolutely everything we can to get him in the Red and Green but then there's another part of me that just says no.

I'll trust Wayne's judgement on this one. If he really wants him, we'll get him. In Wayne we trust.
We will know more soon. He comes to Sydney Mon or Tues.

Rabbits20

Immortal

I feel exactly the same bro a part of me wants him and a part of me doesn’t.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Jai Arrow 2019 stats

17 games:
Avg 14.5 hit ups per game
2305 total running metres
Avg running metres 135.6 metres per game
868 post contact metres (that’s crazy awesome) avg 51 post contact metres a game
59 tackle breaks avg 3.48 tackle busts a game
24 offloads avg 1.41 offloads a game
90 percent tackling efficiency
519 tackles made at avg of 30.5 tackles a game

Can’t deny they’re very good numbers

https://www.titans.com.au/teams/telstra-premiership/gold-coast-titans/jai-arrow/