What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

Mixo Joe

Juniors
Hi mixo long time no hear, youve usually got good goss on recruits ,any news?
Hi Handy yeah been a while. No real goss things are pretty quiet. I do believe that the bunnies are looking to boost their front row stocks which seems strange as they let Amone and Dillon go! Perhaps they are looking at someone much better and no it's not Aaron Woods or Packer :grinning:

handyman2190

Bench
Hi Handy yeah been a while. No real goss things are pretty quiet. I do believe that the bunnies are looking to boost their front row stocks which seems strange as they let Amone and Dillon go! Perhaps they are looking at someone much better and no it's not Aaron Woods or Packer :grinning:
Amone i thought we could have kept, he was getting better each game, Dillon should of gone last year showd nothing did nothing a waste of a spot, glad he is gone. In my opinion 1 prop and 1 second rower would be great, i just hope we resign all our 21 ers as well

handyman2190

Bench
What frustrates me is reading how other clubs are signing gun juniors left right and centre, 2 got poached from the tigers, fafitas cousin to titans and here we are, losing ours to our worst enemy, and not signing any ourselves. We have a recruitment problem, who is in charge of recruitment? Who is in charge of finding these young gun players and snapping them up? If we knew suaali was good why did we wait so long before trying to sign him? Then instead of negotiating, offering alternatives, mentoring etc we sit back waiting,then when outrageous demands are made why do we just wait and let him go? Rorters obviously didnt stop working on him while we foolishly gave him space. Ive said it before, Richo is a massive lose and needs replacing,offer bennet the job,find someone, solly and ellison cant do it,regardless of their good intentions for the club.

Travitoh

First Grade
What frustrates me is reading how other clubs are signing gun juniors left right and centre, 2 got poached from the tigers, fafitas cousin to titans and here we are, losing ours to our worst enemy, and not signing any ourselves. We have a recruitment problem, who is in charge of recruitment? Who is in charge of finding these young gun players and snapping them up? If we knew suaali was good why did we wait so long before trying to sign him? Then instead of negotiating, offering alternatives, mentoring etc we sit back waiting,then when outrageous demands are made why do we just wait and let him go? Rorters obviously didnt stop working on him while we foolishly gave him space. Ive said it before, Richo is a massive lose and needs replacing,offer bennet the job,find someone, solly and ellison cant do it,regardless of their good intentions for the club.

I don't believe there is a recruitment problem as such - the club seems to more often that not be successful at bringing players in that it wants.

The Suaali situation is different to the norm because he is also viewed as an elite talent in a rival code that has no salary cap to play by, drastically increasing his asking price.

Signing juniors from other clubs is difficult as it's hard to get someone in unless they are offered either more money or more opportunity by the club. This is were i believe the club needs to get more out of it's production line.
In the past, Souths have been a seperate club to the juniors but hopefully now that the two have been unified under the one banner, it will lead to more Souths juniors coming through the grades.

handyman2190

Bench
I don't believe there is a recruitment problem as such - the club seems to more often that not be successful at bringing players in that it wants.

The Suaali situation is different to the norm because he is also viewed as an elite talent in a rival code that has no salary cap to play by, drastically increasing his asking price.

Signing juniors from other clubs is difficult as it's hard to get someone in unless they are offered either more money or more opportunity by the club. This is were i believe the club needs to get more out of it's production line.
In the past, Souths have been a seperate club to the juniors but hopefully now that the two have been unified under the one banner, it will lead to more Souths juniors coming through the grades.
Your right about the sualli situation,But, he still went to our enemy, we didnt manage it properly,he slipped through our fingers. We have a problem ,we should all realise it.

Galeforce

Bench

Get a grip and relax........we have NO recruitment problem , we had a loss of a young gun player, however that can happen when they are focused on clauses that Souths did not make sense to accept.

Check out the Origin game today.......

2 in NSW , Cook and Walker
4 in Qld , Gagai , Allan , Sua and Arrow

ALL recruited

We also have LM and Murray both injured , would also have made the team

Not to mentioned 2 former Origin players who started 2020 , Lowe retired and Roberts released.

10 players ......

not to mention that most of the other young players in our team , have either played for Junior Roos or Junior Kiwis.

callmack1

Staff member
Great for Souths' - Seven reasons Bunnies fans should love Origin

By Christian Nicolussi
November 17, 2020 — 3.45pm

Damien Cook is banking on South Sydney's historic mass representation in Wednesday's Origin decider going a long way to making 2021 the Year of the Rabbit.

The same club that didn't field a single player in the Origin series three years ago will have five - Cook, Cody Walker, Dane Gagai, Jaydn Su'A and debutant Corey Allan - on the pitch at Suncorp Stadium.

Queensland forward Jai Arrow is bound for Redfern next year - he officially started on the club's payroll on November 1 - while Wayne Bennett takes his seat in the Maroons coach's box.

Cook was naturally focused on snatching the win north of the border for the Blues, but was already aware of the excitement building for next season, especially with the Origin experience and fact Cameron Murray and Latrell Mitchell could have also featured for the Blues had it not been for injuries. Murray played in game one before a hamstring blow.

According to statistician David Middleton, the last time the club had five players involved in an interstate game was 1971 when Bob McCarthy, John O'Neill, Paul Sait, Ray Branighan and Bob Grant played for NSW.

"It's exciting for next year,'' Cook told the Herald. "When you sit back and look at the number of players involved, it's awesome.

"It's great for the Souths club. I just hope we can all learn from these experiences and these games and take it back to our club and take us to another level so we can chase that next premiership.

"We actually have a Souths WhatsApp group, which is about the 2021 season. But I might have to leave it to get my mind away from footy. The pre-season programs are popping up already and doing my head in.

"We've got a job to do here [with NSW], a win would be a great way to finish off the season, especially having been in the camp the last month.

"I'll then enjoy some time with my family and slowly work my way back into the pre-season.''

The on-field chemistry of Cook and Walker was impossible to miss last week in Sydney, and the pair will pose a huge threat to the home side.

Cook could not be happier for Allan, who is expected to start at fullback.

"Corey is a natural footballer ... he looks like a kid having fun in the backyard," he said. "That's what I love about him. He's one of my favourite players. If he does play at fullback, he's great under the high ball, and if he's on the wing he's great defensively and can save tries.

callmack1

Staff member
With all due respect, I hate it when people say we stuffed up the Suaalii signing. How did we stuff it up? The club did absolutely everything they could. Rolled out the red carpet, offered him the biggest deal for a kid his age, even suggested at asking the NRL for an age exemption so he could play first grade sooner. Yet, the kid thought he was bigger and better then that. He thought we was worth more and he thought he had earnt the right to have a get out clause in his contract every year. Funny, he hasn't even played against men yet. Souths then did what was best for the entire club and showed him the door.

We didn't mis-manage it at all.

assess5

Juniors
Get a grip and relax........we have NO recruitment problem , we had a loss of a young gun player, however that can happen when they are focused on clauses that Souths did not make sense to accept.

Check out the Origin game today.......

2 in NSW , Cook and Walker
4 in Qld , Gagai , Allan , Sua and Arrow

ALL recruited

We also have LM and Murray both injured , would also have made the team

Not to mentioned 2 former Origin players who started 2020 , Lowe retired and Roberts released.

10 players ......

not to mention that most of the other young players in our team , have either played for Junior Roos or Junior Kiwis.

Great post, are you an investigative journalist or what, I couldn't be bothered with that stuff.

I'm just interested in the Souths players doing good and playing strong.

Travitoh

First Grade
Your right about the sualli situation,But, he still went to our enemy, we didnt manage it properly,he slipped through our fingers. We have a problem ,we should all realise it.

What do you believe Souths could have done differently?
They couldn't offer a professional deal to him any sooner than they did. When it came time that they could discuss terms he was asking a lot more than the club (rightly imo) was willing to give.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
With all due respect, I hate it when people say we stuffed up the Suaalii signing. How did we stuff it up? The club did absolutely everything they could. Rolled out the red carpet, offered him the biggest deal for a kid his age, even suggested at asking the NRL for an age exemption so he could play first grade sooner. Yet, the kid thought he was bigger and better then that. He thought we was worth more and he thought he had earnt the right to have a get out clause in his contract every year. Funny, he hasn't even played against men yet. Souths then did what was best for the entire club and showed him the door.

We didn't mis-manage it at all.
Yep I agree.
We did all we could, but we can't be treated like a door mat f or the next version of $BW.

Having said that, if we don't end up with JAC for 2022, someone's ass will need to get kicked big time :joy:

assess5

Juniors
Yep I agree.
We did all we could, but we can't be treated like a door mat f or the next version of $BW.

Having said that, if we don't end up with JAC for 2022, someone's ass will need to get kicked big time :joy:

What happened with Walker after the SOO last night, I haven't been able to find out anything.

NovoBunny94

Juniors
The thing with Cody last night was scary as he was on the ground in responsive but he seems fine. He was talking to players after the game. The game which we should have won... fml