What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 season

OldPanther

Coach
There is talk around town that Josh Mansour’s days as a winger are numbered. An off-season move to the back row could be on the cards as the coaching staff look to maximise his contribution to the team. It’s no secret that Mansour has struggled on the wing this season and his low try scoring tally is a real concern for coach Ivan Cleary. Mansour is on good money and the club wants to get the best return for their investment.
Anyone who thinks the idea is crazy need only look at 1996 when Matt Adamson made the successful move from fullback to second-rower. Stranger things have happened.

https://westernweekender.com.au/2019/08/masked-panther-mansour-set-for-shock-switch/

Issue is we are stacked in the backrow. Worth a try for Sauce but probably not at Penrith

What Dave said. It's our strongest position and we are absolutely stacked with talent. The only way it's worth it is if he can still put up 100m+ a game and, like the article says, to get a return on his contract.

age.s

First Grade
If a "low try tally" is a concern for Ivan maybe he could try setting up structured plays designed to actually put his outside men into space in attacking positions. Waqa suddenly looked much more like old Waqa when Moses started feeding him good ball. Quelle surprise.

Mansours been good since he was dropped. So far from our biggest problem and one of the few experienced players in the squad. I reckon he could make a good backrower but if not we shouldn't be looking to boot him.

Fangs

Coach
First big move complete.

https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2019/08/30/koroisau-signs-with-panthers/

Penrith Panthers is delighted to announce Apisai Koroisau will return to the club next season on a three-year deal.

The 26-year-old hooker has committed to Panthers until at least the end of 2022.

Koroisau played 16 games at Panthers in 2015 before spending the last four seasons with Manly Sea Eagles.

“I’m thrilled that we’ve been able to bring Api back to the club,” Panthers coach Ivan Cleary said.

“I had a high opinion of Api when I coached him previously and his game has only continued to develop in recent years.

“He’s a man of good character and will provide valuable experience and leadership for our young squad moving forward.”

Fangs

Coach
1.Edwards
6.Luai
7.Cleary
9.Korisau

Korisau should make life for Cleary a lot easier. I think they will compliment each other well.

And we've got another option in Burton who honestly looks like he could play anywhere in the spine.

martielang

Bench
I still reckon our best no.14 option is Katoa. I don't think Egan or Kenny offer anymore impact wise & both cover less positions.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
This Koroisau signing definitely helps push us back into top 8 contention in 2020.

We are still a superstar or 2 away from a premiership though.

Pomoz

Bench
He has not been lunted, he has been punted.

Passing is quality. Absolute myth that he can't pass, far superior to any other option. His decision making when fatigued is where he struggles.
To be fair to him, he would be fitter at a club without the Pie Face fitness regime. Instead the poor bloke looks like the "before' picture at weight watchers.