What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 season

Crashtest

Juniors
Exactly. The Brett Stewart case proved that everybody should be able to have their day in court before judgements about guilt or innocene can be made.

Plus others like Semi Radradra and Hazel El Masri.

I’m not even sure the NRL would let a club fire a player that the NRL has stood down under the no fault stand down policy. They can’t claim it’s a fair no fault policy if they then allow clubs to start firing players stood down before they have been judged in a court of law.

Plus others like Semi Radradra and Hazel El Masri.

I’m not even sure the NRL would let a club fire a player that the NRL has stood down under the no fault stand down policy. They can’t claim it’s a fair no fault policy if they then allow clubs to start firing players stood down before they have been judged in a court of law.

That’s a great point about the no fault stand down, the NRL players association would definitely kick up a fuss.

Crashtest

Juniors
It is pretty surprising Burton isn’t even in the top 30 after an impressive first grade debut, hopefully it doesn’t mean some other club has signed him...

I’m wondering if him not being in listed in the top 30 means they will use him as the salary cap dispensation for May whilst May is still stood down waiting for his court case?

It would mean Burton could be signed up and be available for selection from round 1, and his salary wouldn’t need to be counted under the cap.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I’m wondering if him not being in listed in the top 30 means they will use him as the salary cap dispensation for May whilst May is still stood down waiting for his court case?

It would mean Burton could be signed up and be available for selection from round 1, and his salary wouldn’t need to be counted under the cap.

Very interesting thinking.

franklin2323

Immortal

Ramien and Sam Williams now are added to their squads... So those mean nothing

betcats

Referee
According to this sometime this month.

May will have his charges of recording and distributing intimate images without consent heard in court in November after pleading not guilty in June.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/mo...enrith-s-blighted-season-20190826-p52kwy.html

Well I’d be nervous if I were him, I really doubt she gave permission to him to share that video with anyone which he has obviously done. It’s just hard to feel sorry for him of you ask me.

franklin2323

Immortal
Well I’d be nervous if I were him, I really doubt she gave permission to him to share that video with anyone which he has obviously done. It’s just hard to feel sorry for him of you ask me.

Sadly I don't think it is that straight forward. If a phone was stolen or something who knows what the defence is but pleading not guilty has to be more to it

betcats

Referee
Sadly I don't think it is that straight forward. If a phone was stolen or something who knows what the defence is but pleading not guilty has to be more to it

Well they will try something but there is a lot of talk from the nrl and Gus and many others at the time this blew up about WhatsApp and players sharing videos. There are two seperate women accusing him of this, both are saying they didn’t give permission for it to be filmed let alone distributed to anyone which is two seperate illegal acts.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Well they will try something but there is a lot of talk from the nrl and Gus and many others at the time this blew up about WhatsApp and players sharing videos. There are two seperate women accusing him of this, both are saying they didn’t give permission for it to be filmed let alone distributed to anyone which is two seperate illegal acts.

I get it doesn’t look good but to plead not guilty you would think there is some defence. What that is will come out soon enough

age.s

First Grade

Yeah, I don't think anyone's required to align their opinion on his guilt/innocence with the outcome of court proceedings. The legal process is limited to adjudicating on whether we should administer state sponsored violence to a person. Its outcomes may often align with the truth of the matter, but not always.

It's similar to the "consenting adults" argument. We have no right to tell consenting adults what they do in their private time, doesn't mean we need to approve of their actions. For example I'd want Tyrone May to stay the f**k away from my daughter.

betcats

Referee
Yeah, I don't think anyone's required to align their opinion on his guilt/innocence with the outcome of court proceedings. The legal process is limited to adjudicating on whether we should administer state sponsored violence to a person. Its outcomes may often align with the truth of the matter, but not always.

It's similar to the "consenting adults" argument. We have no right to tell consenting adults what they do in their private time, doesn't mean we need to approve of their actions. For example I'd want Tyrone May to stay the f**k away from my daughter.

I'd break a bat over his head if I saw him near a lady I cared about(daughter,sister). The only sympathy I feel for him is that he is the only one out of many who has been charged but that doesn't go far.