What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 season

Fangs

Coach
No talk of Matt Burton being left out of the top 30???

Would’ve thought people would be shocked, I kinda am. Dean Blore appears to have been given the reserve half spot. You can lock in Luai as our 5/8 too.

@Dave's mate ...thoughts?

I guess 1 game kicking the ball into touch wasn't enough to convince Ivan.

We still have 3 spots left.

We can give one to Burton if our recruitment fails to sign anyone. If not he goes on a development contract and can play mid-season anyway.

That's by far the weakest roster we have had since we rebuilt back when Ivan first arrived. Assuming we have 2x signings to announce based on 27/29 being named. Chances are like other clubs we sit on that 30th position until we have to fill it.

For sure, but I’m still surprised by the omission.

To me it points towards them giving Luai an extended run at 5/8.

Flashstep

Juniors
It is pretty surprising Burton isn’t even in the top 30 after an impressive first grade debut, hopefully it doesn’t mean some other club has signed him...

Panther Mick

Juniors
It is pretty surprising Burton isn’t even in the top 30 after an impressive first grade debut, hopefully it doesn’t mean some other club has signed him...

No he re-signed a few months ago for another 2 years I remember hearing about it.

Zero tackle has him signed up with us until the end of 2021.

Panther Mick

Juniors
Re Tyrone May, when did he last play a competitive game of footy? He got injured in 2018 sometime..He might miss two years worth of footy or more even if is found not guilty.

When is his court case? Any news on that? He is still very much around the players and club(based on social media) id imagine if he gets found guilty and put in jail during the season next year it will be quite disruptive and distracting to our playing group. I really wish we just bit the bullet with Tyrone May and sacked him last year.

According to this sometime this month.

May will have his charges of recording and distributing intimate images without consent heard in court in November after pleading not guilty in June.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/mo...enrith-s-blighted-season-20190826-p52kwy.html

age.s

First Grade
At the end of the day the coaching staff have seen way more of Burton than we have. As well as he went on debut, it's not that hard to imagine that he's seen as needing a bit more time.

Fangs

Coach
Tyrone May situation is still a distraction and eats up a valuable top 30 position. If his case is delayed beyond November we should probably do what we can to cut ties in the hope we can recruit another player.

Tyrone May situation is still a distraction and eats up a valuable top 30 position. If his case is delayed beyond November we should probably do what we can to cut ties in the hope we can recruit another player.

I’d personally be pretty disappointed in the club if they did that. Some things are more important than footy, and firing someone before the facts have been established simply isn’t fair.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I’d personally be pretty disappointed in the club if they did that. Some things are more important than footy, and firing someone before the facts have been established simply isn’t fair.

HH I totally agree. It's up to the courts of law to decide whether Tryone is guilty or not. The media and their carryon is just wrong on so many levels. Brett Stewart a good example of this.

mxlegend99

Referee
Agreed. I dont think we have grounds to sack him anyway. What if he is found innocent?

We can probably get him to re-sign minimum wage for another season if he beats the charges to try earning a bigger contract.

Fangs

Coach

Very true, it is a business though. Perhaps he is innocent, but he isn't allowed to play football right now. Similar to an injury prone player.

Considering how we handled Sam McKendry I'd expect Tyrone May to remain on the books. Even if it is to our detriment.

Very true, it is a business though. Perhaps he is innocent, but he isn't allowed to play football right now. Similar to an injury prone player.

Considering how we handled Sam McKendry I'd expect Tyrone May to remain on the books. Even if it is to our detriment.

I’m pretty confident this will be over soon. The original trial was only postponed because the magistrate had a link to the club.

I doubt we could sign a better utility than May anyway.

soc123_au

Staff member
The club also knows that Tyrone could blow the cover on who was getting their sword swallowed in one of the videos if he felt he was being hard done by.