What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 season

Bob

Juniors
But out of those 3 only Aekins can play without an exemption which we won't get because Aekins is available.
Easy enough to sort out, drop 1 player out of the top 30, promote Stains (he’s my choice over Laurie), before you ask Dean Bloor is the one I’d drop out

OldPanther

Coach
Easy enough to sort out, drop 1 player out of the top 30, promote Stains (he’s my choice over Laurie), before you ask Dean Bloor is the one I’d drop out

Not sure how that'd work with contracts etc. I just don't know enough.

OldPanther

Coach
Interesting comments by Ryan Girdler here. He thinks we'll struggle to score points, and that Nathan just isn't creative enough. He also doesn't think Luai is up to the rigours of FG.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-gr...s-season/5c814373-8bae-4aac-9350-19d8d10f70bc

The comments about Luai's weight are dumb. Many halves are a little smaller including the guy he's replacing. The part about Nathan and only playing to a structure will be interesting to see this year now that he's the boss.

franklin2323

Immortal
The comments about Luai's weight are dumb. Many halves are a little smaller including the guy he's replacing. The part about Nathan and only playing to a structure will be interesting to see this year now that he's the boss.

Those small halves though don’t play a full season so early in their careers

franklin2323

Immortal
What Dave said. His size is not an issue at all. He's been slowly building towards this for a few years playing odd games and being on the bench. It's the skill of him and Burton that will be the main thing.

And when has he had to make 20-30 tackles a game across a season? Not use to having to make decisions in defence. While tired making the right decisions. That is why this year will be a punish for him

OldPanther

Coach
And when has he had to make 20-30 tackles a game across a season? Not use to having to make decisions in defence. While tired making the right decisions. That is why this year will be a punish for him

That's not something you can change unless you get an experienced half.

Dave's mate

Juniors
Do you think anyone but Edwards/Aekins will be fullback? I don’t.
I mean who is 14 can switch with Luai when he is struggling
I see Ivan going this way unfortunately but we'll see in the trials.

Luai plays 6 in first grade or 6 in reggies. He has no ability to be anything else

Latest posts