What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Squad

Tigerm

First Grade
We’ve offered Mcqueen & Packer.If it happens it will b Packer for 1 season until Arrow arrives as Souths r not interested in Mcqueen.Souths need a middle forward & we could do with a winger as part of a trade.
Are you thinking Gagai?
Though I'd still be keen on Packer staying (if his mind is back on the job), seems like Souths may think he is.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Call me crazy, but if Packer is having a good pre season as some have suggested, I would much rather have experienced middle forward overpaid depth for the next two years rather than overpaid winger depth which is what Gagai (on his usual club for) or AJ would be for the next 2-4 years or whatever their remaining contracts would be.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Are you thinking Gagai?
Though I'd still be keen on Packer staying (if his mind is back on the job), seems like Souths may think he is.
Yep I wouldn’t mind Gagai on the wing.If AD is fullback then I’ve got BJ & Tommy Talau in centres & Nofa plus Jennings or Thommo as wingers.

As I’ve emphasised in the past I don’t rate Mbye & believe Madge will move him on when possible.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Everyone seems to be picking Musgrove but he last played first grade footy in 2017! I would be very surprised if he walks straight into the team

I read on Twitter that at a sponsors breakfast on Thursday Skando said Musgrove has been the stand out forward from pre season.

I totally get that he’s been out for 2 years. But he’s a prop, the dude has to tuck the ball under the arm and run and tackle hard. 25-30 mins off the bench and he’ll be sweet.

Tigerm

First Grade
I read on Twitter that at a sponsors breakfast on Thursday Skando said Musgrove has been the stand out forward from pre season.

I totally get that he’s been out for 2 years. But he’s a prop, the dude has to tuck the ball under the arm and run and tackle hard. 25-30 mins off the bench and he’ll be sweet.
Plus make up for some lost time and prove a point to others. Seriously hope he is a bad ass mother for us.

BrotherJim05

Bench

Yeah maybe a couple of games in reserves to shake off the cobwebs but from then on I see him being perfect bench impact player. He's a big f**ken unit and we need some mongrel coming off the bench

The Rosco

Bench
Are you thinking Gagai?
Of course it's all rumour . . . but the other forum mentions a PNG player, Edene Gebbie. Hard running, quick and tough.
Gagai is a pussycat next to this bloke. Think Koirobete/Sivo level hard nut.
But let's not get carried away.
Any trade with souths will have to be ratified and endorsed by our resident player trade evaluation technician . . . willy old dog.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Stinking hot and I can't sleep early Saturday morning so I thought I'd nut out a team;

1 Doueihi
2 Nofoaluma
3 Leilua
4 Mbye
5 Jennings
6 Marshall
7 Brooks
8 Packer
9 Grant
10 Twal
11 Leilua
12 Garner
13 Aloiai

14 Musgrove
15 Mikaele
16 Chee-Kam
17 Huth/Clarke/????

My thoughts are; Jennings is pretty good under the high ball and is much taller than Corey. Love Corey but I just can't put him in at the moment...it may change with form or injuries. Jennings is looking fit so I will give him first crack.

Packer, if the stories are true and he is working hard and is in sync with Madge, he can lead the pack. First sign of '19 form and he is out.

I love big pigs on the bench and I think Madge does too. I don't think we have an 80 minute hooker but I think for the 10 minutes or so that Grant may come off put Mbye in hooker and throw Chee Kam to centre. Stop gap maybe but I have a sneaking suspicion Grant may get very close to 80 minutes. If he is Cam Smith's future replacement Bellamy will expect that, just as Smith does now.

Geezus its still 30 degrees at 1.30am fellas, maybe some discussion for tomorrow.....

The Rosco

Bench
I do like that team, TT. It says so in the light blue box.
Agree about Jennings. Slimming down and looking fit doesn't guarantee speed or dedication . . . but you can't have much of the latter without the former.
The best thing about this strange new position we are in ? That team don't have Cini, Talau, Walters, Simpkins, Seyfarth, or any of the new blood that hopefully is pressing for a spot in the 17 as soon as they qualify !
It sure is hot !!! The hippies down the road are sitting in a circle in their tie dyed cotton harem pants, singing Kumbaya.
I keep telling them not to worry, that the climate will change back tomorrow . . .

super_coach

First Grade
New rule or old rule Corey T has to be given first shot at a wing spot. You have to openly reward Loyalty, passion and hard work. Than it’s up to Jennings to work his butt off to try and take it off him, but for round one it has to be Corey. It sends a big message to the playing group

Tigers Tale

Juniors
New rule or old rule Corey T has to be given first shot at a wing spot. You have to openly reward Loyalty, passion and hard work. Than it’s up to Jennings to work his butt off to try and take it off him, but for round one it has to be Corey. It sends a big message to the playing group

I agree with this however Jennings has striped the weight so perhaps he is putting in the hard work too. It then becomes a business decision by the coach who is best for the team. I love CT but I also want to win and I know loyalty is good but only when it is best for the team overall. Can't cut your nose off to spite your face as the old saying goes.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Surely Thompson is your starting fullback.

I thought he was one of your best and he's a gutsy little bastard.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Of course it's all rumour . . . but the other forum mentions a PNG player, Edene Gebbie. Hard running, quick and tough.
Gagai is a pussycat next to this bloke. Think Koirobete/Sivo level hard nut.
But let's not get carried away.
Any trade with souths will have to be ratified and endorsed by our resident player trade evaluation technician . . . willy old dog.
The PNG guy can run fast.

Corey Allan looked great in the Brisbane comp but hasn't set the world alight.

You need more than speed to play first grade.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Stinking hot and I can't sleep early Saturday morning so I thought I'd nut out a team;

1 Doueihi
2 Nofoaluma
3 Leilua
4 Mbye
5 Jennings
6 Marshall
7 Brooks
8 Packer
9 Grant
10 Twal
11 Leilua
12 Garner
13 Aloiai

14 Musgrove
15 Mikaele
16 Chee-Kam
17 Huth/Clarke/????

My thoughts are; Jennings is pretty good under the high ball and is much taller than Corey. Love Corey but I just can't put him in at the moment...it may change with form or injuries. Jennings is looking fit so I will give him first crack.

Packer, if the stories are true and he is working hard and is in sync with Madge, he can lead the pack. First sign of '19 form and he is out.

I love big pigs on the bench and I think Madge does too. I don't think we have an 80 minute hooker but I think for the 10 minutes or so that Grant may come off put Mbye in hooker and throw Chee Kam to centre. Stop gap maybe but I have a sneaking suspicion Grant may get very close to 80 minutes. If he is Cam Smith's future replacement Bellamy will expect that, just as Smith does now.

Geezus its still 30 degrees at 1.30am fellas, maybe some discussion for tomorrow.....
Nice team.I have a strong feeling Mbye will b on the bench to cover for hooker & injuries in the backs.Talau at 4.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Additionally it’s difficult to c Thommo missing out but if he does it will mean that Jennings’s form/fitness etc forces Madge to pick him which will b a huge bonus for us.

Tigers4ever

Juniors
My team to start 2020 will be
1 Doueihi
2 Nofo
3 Tommy
4 BJ
5 Thompson
6 Marshal
7 brooks
8 Twal
9 Grant / Walters
10 Mikaele
11 Garner
12 Luciano
13 Aloiai

14 MCK
15 Musgrove
16 Clark
17 Eisenhoth

18 Mbye
19 Lawrence
20 ET
21 Jennings
What would you change? I’m trying to think what would be our best team.

Tigerm

First Grade
My team to start 2020 will be
1 Doueihi
2 Nofo
3 Tommy
4 BJ
5 Thompson
6 Marshal
7 brooks
8 Twal
9 Grant / Walters
10 Mikaele
11 Garner
12 Luciano
13 Aloiai

14 MCK
15 Musgrove
16 Clark
17 Eisenhoth

18 Mbye
19 Lawrence
20 ET
21 Jennings
What would you change? I’m trying to think what would be our best team.
Whether its the best or not, but I think the captain will be playing (prob centres), Tommy not just yet.

Jennings is the one that may surprise, the 2 wingers is a race between Thommo, Jennings & Nofo. Though I think Thommo deserves first crack. But may the best 2 kill it.

If what we are hearing is true, then I think Packer will start (him and Madge have become tight). With Clark to drop out imo. But whatever the forwards are, they look formidable, don't they.

So for me,
Doueihi
Jennings
Mbye
BJ
Thompson
Marshal
Brooks
Twal
Grant
Packer
Garner
Luciano
Aloiai

MCK
Mikalee
Musgrove
Eisenhuth

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Whether its the best or not, but I think the captain will be playing (prob centres), Tommy not just yet.

Jennings is the one that may surprise, the 2 wingers is a race between Thommo, Jennings & Nofo. Though I think Thommo deserves first crack. But may the best 2 kill it.

If what we are hearing is true, then I think Packer will start (him and Madge have become tight). With Clark to drop out imo. But whatever the forwards are, they look formidable, don't they.

So for me,
Doueihi
Jennings
Mbye
BJ
Thompson
Marshal
Brooks
Twal
Grant
Packer
Garner
Luciano
Aloiai

MCK
Mikalee
Musgrove
Eisenhuth
That seems realistic. There will be first grade quality in reserve grade keeping the pressure on those in firsts, and also ready in case of injury or suspension.