What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Squad

Tigerm

First Grade
That seems realistic. There will be first grade quality in reserve grade keeping the pressure on those in firsts, and also ready in case of injury or suspension.
Competition for spots keeps everyone honest, its been a long time coming, I love it.

gordynz

Juniors
My team to start 2020 will be
1 Doueihi
2 Nofo
3 Tommy
4 BJ
5 Thompson
6 Marshal
7 brooks
8 Twal
9 Grant / Walters
10 Mikaele
11 Garner
12 Luciano
13 Aloiai

14 MCK
15 Musgrove
16 Clark
17 Eisenhoth

18 Mbye
19 Lawrence
20 ET
21 Jennings
What would you change? I’m trying to think what would be our best team.
Aloiai has definitely been at his best in the front row so I would keep him there with Eisenhuth as our work horse lock. I'm not a huge fan of Elijah Taylot but he could sneak a bench spot mainly due to his ball playing ability out the back and I'd be starting Mbye at centre come round 1.

gordsy

Juniors
Of course it's all rumour . . . but the other forum mentions a PNG player, Edene Gebbie. Hard running, quick and tough.
Gagai is a pussycat next to this bloke. Think Koirobete/Sivo level hard nut. .

24 year old full back who has never played grade for Packer. If we do this I want the drugs we must be on to say yes to this deal.

Tiger05

First Grade
Lots of love for Talau which I don’t get. I thought he was lazy in the state cup side

I started a thread on this. He is highly rated but no one appears to have seen him play well or to state what his strengths are. I don't get the love. I've seen plenty of good juniors come through and they stand out. Talau at this point doesn't stand out.

Tiger05

First Grade
24 year old full back who has never played grade for Packer. If we do this I want the drugs we must be on to say yes to this deal.

I'd take this no problems. We look okay in the outside backs now but an injury or two and it will go pear shaped for us. Packer to me will struggle to make the top team.

Tigerm

First Grade
I'd take this no problems. We look okay in the outside backs now but an injury or two and it will go pear shaped for us. Packer to me will struggle to make the top team.
Who knows, but I am hoping he will become the pack leader again, but I guess we will see:)

Tiger05

First Grade
Who knows, but I am hoping he will become the pack leader again, but I guess we will see:)

I think we've changed focus. We have now 3 guys who belt it up in Aloiai, Mikaele and I hope Musgrove. I think Stef from Parra will be in that category. I'd rotate those guys at prop. You then have a worker or two at lock forward. Twal, Eisenhuth and ET fill that role along with potentially Seyfarth.

I think the worker types are going to be culled down to a maximum of two playing lock forward.

I don't see Packer as fitting either category and I think he is going to struggle to find a spot in the top team. I can't see him being the pack leader again.

You are though 100% correct in that time will tell.

Vic Mackey

Referee
That so many people have Eisenhuth in their starting 13 let alone side at all is a huge surprise to me. I think he has been a massive disappointment the past 18 months. He is a huge body but Waddles to the line like Woods, no real offload and I’ve never seen him pull off a decent hit in his life. Depth at absolute best for mine.

Tiger05

First Grade
That so many people have Eisenhuth in their starting 13 let alone side at all is a huge surprise to me. I think he has been a massive disappointment the past 18 months. He is a huge body but Waddles to the line like Woods, no real offload and I’ve never seen him pull off a decent hit in his life. Depth at absolute best for mine.

I like him. Yes he is like Woods but not as good offensively and better defensively. He is just a worker. He isn't going to dent the line consistently.

The thing is in a team like ours where we are starting to have forwards who dent the line I think one or two players like this are probably required. I can see Twal, Eiso, ET and Seyfarth all battling for one or two spots this year and next year.

Tigers4ever

Juniors
I think we've changed focus. We have now 3 guys who belt it up in Aloiai, Mikaele and I hope Musgrove. I think Stef from Parra will be in that category. I'd rotate those guys at prop. You then have a worker or two at lock forward. Twal, Eisenhuth and ET fill that role along with potentially Seyfarth.

I think the worker types are going to be culled down to a maximum of two playing lock forward.

I don't see Packer as fitting either category and I think he is going to struggle to find a spot in the top team. I can't see him being the pack leader again.

You are though 100% correct in that time will tell.
Don’t forget Oliver Clark he is a solid forward and a future leader. He is the same style forward as Packer but younger and a lot more km left in the legs. Instead of Packers 40 meters a game Clark will make 140 meters a game.

Shredder

Juniors
T4E I think Clark will be the first one from this group that plays grade reps.

I have big hopes for him

Tiger05

First Grade
I don't see anywhere near the upside in Clark compared to a bunch of the other guys. He is a big body though. It'll be interesting how they all go over the next couple of years.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
A few 'journalists' have been slagging our forwards but personally I think they are our strong point this year. If Madge can keep this group together for 3 or 4 years I'll be wrapped....they'll prove to be a top working pack, none may play SOO etc but they will develop under Madge and in the next few years take us well into the top 8.

The unknown

Juniors
The journalists will keep putting us down until we finally make the 8. Funnily enough it’s mainly Hoops the shitbag (who’s supposedly a tigs fan) that puts us down the most.

gordsy

Juniors
Pretty sure we could get better than a rookie no one has heard of for Packer. At least get two reserve graders for him.

Tiger05

First Grade
Pretty sure we could get better than a rookie no one has heard of for Packer. At least get two reserve graders for him.

If it was a swap deal I get your point. The thing with Packer is that getting him off out books would be great for us.

gordsy

Juniors
If it was a swap deal I get your point. The thing with Packer is that getting him off out books would be great for us.
No way we get rid of Packer, Reynolds and Mybe without us paying a large amount of the salary.
No one will touch Reynolds till Greenberg makes a decision on whether he can play or not.