What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Crowd Watch

franklin2323

Immortal
It’s too easy to stay home and watch it on tele, I guess and we need to ask ourselves, is it a better product on TV than at the ground for general punters?

A question to all on LU. What do you guys do after a game apart from a few beers? I bet like me, you all go home and watch the game again to see the stuff you missed out on by being at the ground, yeh?

My Swans mates don’t. Their game reveals itself better live at the match as it gets played out over a vast area that you don’t get on tele. Plus there’s less nuance and intricacies in their game that would only be obvious on tele. No bias lol. It’s a problem the game itself can’t solve. As usual, better game day experience is called for but they seem to do nothing about it. They never review ticket prices either.

Different stuff comes into it. For example in both these cases you have a reduced capacity due to covid.

Is Brookvale allowed much over 10k these days? You have one hill a construction site and most hill.

Bulldogs are the worst team in NRL history. Even as a fan why would you go and watch.

Throw in Mothers Day and some ordinary weather. It isn't just a move x game and will get a bigger crowd.

Especially when in most cases the game is as good on TV

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Anyone heard anything about Magic Round ticket sales? @SLRBRONCOS ?
Not at this stage! They aren’t using the interactive map and have a pretty odd category structure so it’s hard to tell. I think that they have been releasing seating held for group bookings this week so surely 40-45k. Saturday looks much better than Sunday, but Sunday has the Titans so there will be a nice rock up if a cracker of a day.

Last week the Suncorp Stadium Facebook page was flogging the reds AU final daily to get sales - they got 41k. There hasn’t been much mention regarding ticket sales to magic weekend, so maybe they are happy with throw it’s tracking.

franklin2323

Immortal
Not at this stage! They aren’t using the interactive map and have a pretty odd category structure so it’s hard to tell. I think that they have been releasing seating held for group bookings this week so surely 40-45k. Saturday looks much better than Sunday, but Sunday has the Titans so there will be a nice rock up if a cracker of a day.

Last week the Suncorp Stadium Facebook page was flogging the reds AU final daily to get sales - they got 41k. There hasn’t been much mention regarding ticket sales to magic weekend, so maybe they are happy with throw it’s tracking.

I know they wanted no Thurs night but Sunday night finishing at 8.30. Can't imagine too many neutrals staying that late. Given they need flights home also it leaves those on GC home at 10.

A new concept and all but haven't nailed the timing yet. 2019 was Mothers Day. This one is finishing late on the Sunday.

Maybe you run it in Easter holidays or something

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I know they wanted no Thurs night but Sunday night finishing at 8.30. Can't imagine too many neutrals staying that late. Given they need flights home also it leaves those on GC home at 10.

A new concept and all but haven't nailed the timing yet. 2019 was Mothers Day. This one is finishing late on the Sunday.

Labour day weekend would have been good, QLD labour day is the first weekend in May. Wouldn’t help the travellers but they could plonk the cowboys and or the Titans on Sunday.

franklin2323

Immortal
Labour day weekend would have been good, QLD labour day is the first weekend in May. Wouldn’t help the travellers but they could plonk the cowboys and or the Titans on Sunday.

Something like that is perfect. You would still get travellers up for the 2 days. Enough locals if you go Storm v GC/NQ on the Sunday night

SouthsCountry

Juniors

That's brilliant.....Easter round, Magic round, ANZAC round in the same month!!!! April will be the best month of the NRL!!

Saint Doc

Coach
Why not something in the run home? Round 21 or 22?

Because teams will be out of contention then. Most teams still hoping they can make the 8 at this stage, therefore fans more likely to travel.

Unless you were suggesting moving Easter or ANZAC Day to round 23?!

T-Boon

Coach
the concept is still flawed & not suitable for Australia

time to scrap it

Haha. Whatever. It is perfect for Australia.
Crowds will probably be down this season due to Covid and all the Qld teams sucking. The sooner we get another Brisbane team the better.
Keep it in Brisbane for 5 years then start offering it to the highest bidder.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
the concept is still flawed & not suitable for Australia

time to scrap it
What is it about Penrith fans and hating Magic Round? I don't understand, you've not even been a home team which means you don't lose a home game.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Be interesting to see crowds for MR. Be a lot less travelling this time from interstate you'd think. Will the good folk of Brisbane turn out to watch other clubs play I wonder?

3 day adult Tickets prices:
$119 for the corners and behind sticks in the gods,
$169 for the lower ends,
$219 for the ingoal lines and sideline gods
$329 for the good seats.
(plus $7.15 booking fee)

$300 for the worse seats for a family of 4, its almost like they dont want kids to go to NRL games!!
I suspect they might not sell many 3 day passes!

One day passes are reasonable (again except for kids which should be dirt cheap not 80% of adult price!)

Last edited:
Isnt there people flying in from all over the world to watch the 3 day spectacular of epic proportions. Huge Rugby League fans like Matt Damon and Jeff Goldberg and Natalie Portman and the bloke who plays Thor and his brother and even Madonna, Kimmy K, Kayne West, Sting, fat old Rabbits Rusty, the whole of U2, Drake, Mike Tyson, Chevy Chase, Tom Brady, and Geisel, Xi Jinping, the Busg Clan, Connor McGregor, Tim Witherspoon, Russell Westbrook, Ben Shapiro, the Clintons, Samuel L Jackson, jerry Rice,Larry Bird, the whole cast of SNL, Tim Paine, Katey Perry, JZ, Lebron James, Joe Root, Ellen DeGeneres, Joel Garner, a rubber chicken, Mo Salah, Clint Eastwood, David Letterman, Usher, Joe Biden, Insamann Al Haq, Imran Khan, Prince Harry and Meghan Markel, Donald Trump, Joe Rogan, Putin, Winx, Kim Jong-un and the Pope

or maybe Matt Damon will just watch it in his local pub while putting on a Doomben quaddie and eating a chicken parma and having 3 scooners.

Last edited: