What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 GF | PREMIERS - Penrith 14-12 South Sydney @ Suncorp

Grand Final: Penrith v South Sydney

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 53 51.5%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 50 48.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yobbo84

First Grade
Gus was saying on air what he would have said in the sheds were he the coach. That the score belied the run of play in the first half. Errors by our side were extremely costly. His call is part of folklore now.
According to Gould the Panthers were the better team in the 2020 GF because Melbourne were only ahead due to luck and Panther errors.

In the same breath he says that the Panthers were the best team on the weekend because their defensive resolve forced Melbourne into errors.

He couldn't lie straight in bed.

Munky

Coach
According to Gould the Panthers were the better team in the 2020 GF because Melbourne were only ahead due to luck and Panther errors.

In the same breath he says that the Panthers were the best team on the weekend because their defensive resolve forced Melbourne into errors.

He couldn't lie straight in bed.

At half time in the GF I posted that everything that could go wrong for Penrith did go wrong in the first half.

14-0 down we might have been able to comeback. The Smith try and the Pap run for the try killed us.

Kikau derping it up with no pressure losing the ball multiple times didn't help.

That said Gus is the king of each way bets.

The_Frog

First Grade
Least the joke of a ring in Pangai injured himself! This rubbish has to stop next year, good sides can't top up mid season it distorts the competition.
Back to June 30, no idea why they had to have a 5 week extension this year. Last year was understandable because the comp was put back.

The_Frog

First Grade
Hard to argue with that. Souths put away a very disappointing Manly side with a minimum of fuss, certainly, but didn't have to dig anywhere near as deep.

If you want pro-Rabbitohs, NRL360 is for you.

Last edited:

forby

Juniors
Last night was so pro-Souths it was embarrassing. Sob stories for Reynolds, Bennett and Benji! Praising that they have 6 local juniors. No mention of the 17/21 making their debuts at Penrith though!

GongPanther

Referee
On another note - I don't know about other non-QLD Panthers or Rabbitohs fans, but I'm fluctuating between being pumped to watch my team play in another GF and burning over the fact I can't be there to witness it in person! Certainly some very mixed emotions.
Maybe if they copy it and process it to VR, then in time if the price goes down for those headsets, we might be able to "be there" albeit the result will already be known. Maybe they can do it for future GFs live, provided of course they have an in person sellout at the ground.

Last edited:

yobbo84

First Grade
Maybe if they copy it and process it to VR, then in time if the price goes down, we might be able to "be there" albeit the result will already be known. Maybe they can do it for future GFs live, provided of course they have an in person sellout at the ground.
Both clubs should have someone in each supporter bay with a GoPro filming. Would make an awesome video for the winning side.

GongPanther

Referee
Hard to argue with that. Souths put away a very disappointing Manly side with a minimum of fuss, certainly, but didn't have to dig anywhere near as deep.

If you want pro-Rabbitohs, NRL360 is for you.
As it was last night for both NRL Tonight and NRL 360. Those programs featured Carroll and Benji so it was Souths night.

Tonight I'm expecting a Panther flavour with Brandy, Scott Sattler and Mick Ennis as he thinks the Panthers will win.

Last edited:

yobbo84

First Grade
Bait set, line cast... will Panthers take a nibble this time?!

Bait taken!

Anyone who says they're not thinking about it means that they are, in fact, thinking about it. The sheer fact the Panthers CEO even bothered to respond speaks volumes. They're nervous.

A dead bat, no response was the only thing they should have done.

BunniesMan

Immortal
God the sooking from the Penrith camp... You know you use the trainers against the spirit of the game. I can understand doing everything you can to win but the hysteria when you're called out on it is a bit much

Latest posts