What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

flippikat

Bench
I think that "teardrop" period turned a lot of fans off CCC for a while. But it's a business, and if CCC made the right pitch to a club I'm sure more teams would be wearing their gear.

Oh gees, that teardrop template was appalling. Just about every team who wore it looked like they were wearing wet suits. The black & white monstrosity was the absolute nadir of Warriors jerseys. Even worse than the Superleague "blue spaghetti" one.

It's Been Done

Juniors
From the CEO update on St George's website, a sternum sponsor is to be announced soon......
capture23-01-21-png.1044778

In addition, there's confirmation that the heritage jersey will be worn against Canterbury-Bankstown in round 9, not against New Zealand in round 6 as some Dragons fans on Facebook groups speculated
capture23-01-21-2-png.1044779

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
From the CEO update on St George's website, a sternum sponsor is to be announced soon......
capture23-01-21-png.1044778

In addition, there's confirmation that the heritage jersey will be worn against Canterbury-Bankstown in round 9, not against New Zealand in round 6 as some Dragons fans on Facebook groups speculated
capture23-01-21-2-png.1044779
Dragons blood & bandages jerseys in the last couple of decades have invariably been worn v Canterbury, so it's not surprising.

toomuchsoup

Juniors
One thing I’m glad about with Castore is they have removed the rooster out of the short stripes on the sides, use to always bug me.
That always bugged me too. The stripes ending at the rooster looked awkward. Besides that, I would say the Roosters jersey for the last few years has been by far the best in the comp. I hate the Roosters but all other clubs should look at how professional their jersey is. A consistent, classic and sleek kit

toomuchsoup

Juniors
The Knights away jersey is the worst in the comp. The home is fine, but the away is soooo lazy. They’ve clearly just changed the colour of certain panels. No way they designed it like that from scratch. Last year they wore it way more than they needed too as well. I was really hoping they’d do something better this year.

DtotheE

Juniors
The Knights away jersey is the worst in the comp. The home is fine, but the away is soooo lazy. They’ve clearly just changed the colour of certain panels. No way they designed it like that from scratch. Last year they wore it way more than they needed too as well. I was really hoping they’d do something better this year.

Load of rubbish
It is one of the better away jerseys in the Comp! It is a throwback to the jersey the Knights wore during a 7’s or 9’s comp back before the current 9’s form.
Lazy is the storm efforts over the past years, no design whatsoever and the tigers trying to build a jersey around a thick v that never seems to work or the horrid gradient efforts of the GC - side note, GC 2021 best jersey for them in a long time.

Ymx8KSVEvB3Y8Kry7

Attachments

• DD3C8FF8-4F22-462B-B21B-8321F1226D1D.jpeg
    DD3C8FF8-4F22-462B-B21B-8321F1226D1D.jpeg
    131.8 KB · Views: 23

sempmrh

Juniors
Load of rubbish
It is one of the better away jerseys in the Comp! It is a throwback to the jersey the Knights wore during a 7’s or 9’s comp back before the current 9’s form.
Lazy is the storm efforts over the past years, no design whatsoever and the tigers trying to build a jersey around a thick v that never seems to work or the horrid gradient efforts of the GC - side note, GC 2021 best jersey for them in a long time.

Ymx8KSVEvB3Y8Kry7
It’s not that the Knights away jersey is especially bad - it’s more that the design doesn’t really work with O’Neills’ almost vertical sleeve seams.

toomuchsoup

Juniors
Load of rubbish

Ymx8KSVEvB3Y8Kry7
Whatever it is based off, the current one is executed poorly in my opinion. The panels don’t work with the where the colours change and looks busy but then the rest of the kit is all white and boring. All white can be done well too, but not here.
Agreed on GC though. Hope they stick with it for a while

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Headshots starting to pop up on club websites offering a good hi-res look at some of the kits.

Cowboy horns, the CB heritage logo (Bulldogs) and the Titan head featuring as grips on playing jerseys:

remote.axd

remote.axd

remote.axd

Kiwi Rooster

Juniors
Not too much to complain about our kit but a minor criticism for me is we don’t need the hoop on the sleeve. It belongs to the 3/4 sleeve era. Keep it simple like the away jersey. Picky, I know.
Agree with you there. It would free up more space for the sleeve sponsor on the dark blue background. Love the new strip but is it me or is the white part of the V a little too thick?