What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

Saint Doc

Coach
Really like the Penrith heritage and Cowboys away. But they are very similar designs. Surprised they were cleared to use. But that said, good example of how shorts can change the look. It’s really black shorts vs white shorts that makes the difference. If Cowboys wore navy shorts, they would look very similar

flippikat

Bench
It's a clean design for mine, may take a while getting used to but I think it may end up a classic

View attachment 46575

I think it looked great on-field.

It's a really clean design, sponsor integration was spot-on, and as another post said you could tell immediately what club it was.

I honestly think this as alternate, and the 1986 design as primary (once they get the execution right) should be locked-in as their look.

There's plenty of other designs from the past that can be dug-up for heritage Eels jerseys, but they're well on the right track for primary/alternate.

GAZF

First Grade
Really like the Penrith heritage and Cowboys away. But they are very similar designs. Surprised they were cleared to use. But that said, good example of how shorts can change the look. It’s really black shorts vs white shorts that makes the difference. If Cowboys wore navy shorts, they would look very similar
Change socks and shorts are under-utilised in these situations. Classic looks can be kept for more games if clubs are more flexible on this front.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
Dragons up close

EwanzXFUUAAExi7

toomuchsoup

Juniors
I don’t think Canberra could do anything to make this kit any better. 9.5/10
The weird short vertical stripes on the back of the neck take away the .5

Perth Red

Post Whore
I don’t think Canberra could do anything to make this kit any better. 9.5/10
The weird short vertical stripes on the back of the neck take away the .5

Id dock it another point for the red sponsors which spoil an otherwise perfect colour scheme

yadamisha

Juniors
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...r/news-story/453ff89e28ac08aaf67cd0287fc6757d

SHARKS IN $4M SPONSORSHIP COUP

The Cronulla Sharks are no longer the financial desperates of the NRL.

For the first time in history, the Sharks have sold out their entire playing outfit with eight sponsors — Aramex, Zambrero, TFH, Southern Comfort, PointsBet, Madimack, Dynasty Sport and SFD contributing towards $4 million.

This is a Sharks record and an extraordinary turnaround for a club that has had its share of off-field issues in the past and always struggled financially.

“We’ve achieved something really special,” said chief executive Dino Mezzatesta. “These are above-market deals. It’s huge.

6b19340ef9093c35742c5943c5e7d237

Aaron Woods and Wade Graham show off the Sharks’ strip.
“This is a great thing for the Sharks and the NRL that strong international brands are investing in our game. There is a lot of commercial confidence around our club.”

Cronulla’s financial comeback under Mezzatesta and chairman Steve Mace should end any suggestions of a relocation or merger in the future. The club has no debt, owns Kareela Golf Club, their stadium and leagues club and is making a profit.

“People can say we’re struggling,” Mezzatesta said. “They don’t know the true story. The Sharks are now showing we do business at the big end of town and match all the big clubs. Our business is leaner than ever before and more effective.”

toomuchsoup

Juniors
Short stripes.
I think with sponsors, club logo and then the manufacturer logo, stripes would make the shorts a bit busy. I’d prefer no stripes than what a lot of clubs do. For example:

Sharks, the blue curve on the top back of the shorts, when looking from afar make it look like they’re all wearing their shorts low

dragons, red triangle

Roosters, haven’t noticed this year but in previous years the vertical stripes stopped at the rooster and didn’t continue to the bottom of the shorts