What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Judiciary Charges

How many weeks for Mitchell

Votes: 1 3.3%

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • 4+

Votes: 27 90.0%

• Total voters

SDM

First Grade
I know it isn't relevant, but if the ref had his eyes open and just called the knock on, it never happens.

lockyno1

Post Whore
He got some hospital loading and the ref missed it loading for sure, maybe contest the grading, I'm sure there would be similar that got grade 1 due to the recipient not getting as hurt.

He is lucky it’s only 3 weeks. Was very intentional. Should have been sent off

SDM

First Grade
I
Length of suspension isn't the issue, just the grading system. If that's a grade 3 I'm okay with it, but next time it will be a grade 1, or if Hetherington does it a grade 4.
Just like head High tackles, the difference between grade 1 & 3 is the strength of the jaw you whacked.

Delboy

First Grade
Tedesco deliberately lowers his body to try and break tackles, but he is a bit of a koala and NRL shouldn’t upset uncle Nick. If Takeaho got a fine for deliberately lifting and dropping a player, tends to underline the influence the Roosters led media pile on after the game has. Marata basically got a media suspension, Tedesco will continue to get hit around the head if he continues with the same action. Not always the tacklers fault.

Tedesco deliberately lowers his body to try and break tackles, but he is a bit of a koala and NRL shouldn’t upset uncle Nick. If Takeaho got a fine for deliberately lifting and dropping a player, tends to underline the influence the Roosters led media pile on after the game has. Marata basically got a media suspension, Tedesco will continue to get hit around the head if he continues with the same action. Not always the tacklers fault.

Defender shouldn’t have led with the shoulder, though. Would’ve been a nothing tackle that was a bit late, otherwise. Easts media influence didn’t seem to help Sitilli

lockyno1

Post Whore
And he deserves a week off, not a month.

So take a bloke out of the game smash his ribs and it’s only a week...

Mitchell gets 4 for what was a very clumsy thing, Brown is LUCKY it’s not at least 4.

Doesn't matter he hit him in the head - falling or not - same as if the arm bounces of the shoulder and hits the players head - you can't do this anymore as any contact with a players head will be penalised -Taukeiaho was fined for a high tackle - arm bouncing of the shoulder and hitting the players head not for a lifting tackle.

Niukore was placed on report with this and all games reviewed by the MRC who then decide on the charges and gradings - naught to do with the media

Don’t buy that one bit. Players 99 times out of 100 know what they are doing. Refs need to grow some nuts and send players off

Brown should have been sent off - Niukore at least sin binned as well if not sent off- could well have changed the course of the game and most likely be a different result if send off and or sin binned.

SDM

First Grade
So take a bloke out of the game smash his ribs and it’s only a week...

Mitchell gets 4 for what was a very clumsy thing, Brown is LUCKY it’s not at least 4.
Yep, it was all planned, had to get that superstar out of the game. The injury isn't relevant, if you break ribs with your shoulder should you get charged?

Yep, it was all planned, had to get that superstar out of the game. The injury isn't relevant, if you break ribs with your shoulder should you get charged?

Knees ain't shoulders though and there was no need to do what he did as Hutchinson was over the try line - should be a longer suspension for sure as i have seen him do this a number of times so not a one off

Bazal

Post Whore
It was extremely reckless and Hutchinson was already essentially in the in goal

What was Brown trying to do ?

Bit of a mythic interpretation really. First contact Hutchison is legit airborne and certainly not in the in goal. Brown has a right to play until the try is scored in an effort to prevent it, he had zero chance of pulling out.

It was clumsy and careless and deserves a ban, no mistake. But the idea that it was intentional or should have been a send off offence is imbecilic. The Niukore hit was much worse.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Bit of a mythic interpretation really. First contact Hutchison is legit airborne and certainly not in the in goal. Brown has a right to play until the try is scored in an effort to prevent it, he had zero chance of pulling out.

It was clumsy and careless and deserves a ban, no mistake. But the idea that it was intentional or should have been a send off offence is imbecilic. The Niukore hit was much worse.

I honestly don't see any way he stops Hutchinson from "scoring" from that position.

I don't like players going in with the knees like that full stop. From the position they were in what's the best outcome for Brown going in like that

Bazal

Post Whore
I honestly don't see any way he stops Hutchinson from "scoring" from that position.

I don't like players going in with the knees like that full stop. From the position they were in what's the best outcome for Brown going in like that

Gutho saved three tries against the Storm in more desperate situations.

I don't like leading with the knees. The distinction is often, with a diving player, that's the accidental point of contact.

Should we be taking an entirely hands off approach to blokes who are likely to score? Either we accept that accidents will happen and deal with them accordingly or we make yet another game-sanitizing rule change.

I am ok with the ban he's getting, with the injury tax that we all know the MRC adds. I'm not ok with some of the hyperbole, that's all.