What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Judiciary Charges

How many weeks for Mitchell

Votes: 1 3.3%

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • 4+

Votes: 27 90.0%

• Total voters

Valheru

Coach
For a head clash? Please.
So roosters forwards can now rush a much smaller kicker and not bend their back and as long as the arms/shoulder hit around the chest we don't care if their heads cave the kickers nose in?

Good to know.

yobbo84

First Grade
So roosters forwards can now rush a much smaller kicker and not bend their back and as long as the arms/shoulder hit around the chest we don't care if their heads cave the kickers nose in?

Good to know.
Yep. And attackers can shoulder charge or forearm people in their throat. Thems the rules.

mxlegend99

Referee

Good to know.
You want them to rush the kicker and end up making contact with the legs? It was a headclash from a bloke making sure to hit Walker between the hips and neck.

If a Warriors player clashes heads sure it's a penalty and suspension. But in the case they got it right. If anything the 1 week Fifita gets for a shoulder to the head is the bigger wtf. Even with priors he's getting a slap on the wrist.

rockcod

Juniors
It was late, a shoulder charge, and high / contact with the head. Heaps of players have missed multiple weeks for any one of those things and he gets one week for all 3. Doesn't seem like much of a crackdown?

It was late, a shoulder charge, and high / contact with the head. Heaps of players have missed multiple weeks for any one of those things and he gets one week for all 3. Doesn't seem like much of a crackdown?
The look of surprise on his face on his face when being sent to the bin was telling; he seemed genuinely surprised.

It strikes me there is a coaching issue at the Roosters; they don’t seem to have adapted at all.

Pretty Penny

Juniors
the Roosters got frustrated because they are a shit team and they got smashed on the scoreboard.

as for Sam Walker., he is too small to play Rugby League and with two busted shoulders already, he wont be playing in 3 years

5 storm players rush into a melee. JWH pulls one of them out of it.

JWH gets charged
I agree. I think JWH gets away with a lot generally, but he was hard done by there.

I personally think every club should head down to the judiciary to challenge these BS fines the MRC throws out these days. The cost (in terms of fines) is minimal, but it does impact loading if you get done for something else that carries points further down the line.

And the judiciary will get sick of hearing 15 cases every week...

rockcod

Juniors
The look of surprise on his face on his face when being sent to the bin was telling; he seemed genuinely surprised.

It strikes me there is a coaching issue at the Roosters; they don’t seem to have adapted at all.
I'd understand if he didn't think he got him high he probably didn't know, but surely he knows what a shoulder charge is and knew it was a bit late. I think the ref blew the whistle for the late shot before the replay showed it was more than that.

as for Sam Walker., he is too small to play Rugby League and with two busted shoulders already, he wont be playing in 3 years
I hope not; I hope there is a place in the game for people his size.

He does need to learn how to protect himself a little bit though; the tackle Olam got him with was brutal, but legal though. He is no longer playing in the juniors and may need to bulk up a bit, as well as think about how deep into the line he goes.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'd understand if he didn't think he got him high he probably didn't know, but surely he knows what a shoulder charge is and knew it was a bit late. I think the ref blew the whistle for the late shot before the replay showed it was more than that.
how on earth was it not a red card ? Vlandys just looks even more of a tit now After his chicken licken the world is caving in rhetoric!

Valheru

Coach
Yo

you sound as dumb as brandy who is still whining about it, since when has an accidental head clash ever been an offence?
In 2018 Dylan napa got binned twice for "leading with the head".

The tackler has a duty of care to the kicker, that is the rule. He made high contact. You know if it was a roosters player he would have been binned.