What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Judiciary Charges

How many weeks for Mitchell

Votes: 1 3.3%

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • 4+

Votes: 27 90.0%

• Total voters
While I hate seeing the players milk it, if the referees are going to only react to impact rather than referee the rules then that is what we are going to get.

The dumb talking heads complained earlier in the year when they were going back a number of plays to award penalties for foul play. But I liked that as it allowed people to play on and still get the penalty later if it is deemed foul play. Better than what we see today when players are out on report a few minutes later without any benefit to the wronged team.

Can't blame players for gamesmanship.
Exactly. But my point is the game is dumb and the way it is refereed gives bad incentives.

Fund it hard to watch union but one thing they do get right is the advantage rule. If league did something similar for foul play (ie looking at things that happened previously as play is going on) it would a) keep the game going and b) incentivise players to jump up and play the ball (to help keep momentum) rather than lie down.

gerg

Juniors
Exactly. But my point is the game is dumb and the way it is refereed gives bad incentives.

Fund it hard to watch union but one thing they do get right is the advantage rule. If league did something similar for foul play (ie looking at things that happened previously as play is going on) it would a) keep the game going and b) incentivise players to jump up and play the ball (to help keep momentum) rather than lie down.
Ruggers plays a half hour advantage though. They'll probably play advantage over a half-time break and penalise a team as they emerge from the tunnel.

Valheru

Coach
If that still is the best you've got you are going to have to try harder; he is obviously going over the top of him rather than placing downward pressure.

You are just incapable of impartiality when it comes to Penrith.

If you don't think there is pressure on joey's neck then I can't help you. It was dangerous and a penalty at the absolute minimum