What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Membership

Lambretta

First Grade
The NRL website only shows memberships as at the end of 2020
You'd think they would have up to date figures

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
https://www.nrl.com/membership/

This shows membership numbers - but the page says 2020
Are these the current numbers or last years?

Many of them are matching the figures posted above
Same thing happened last year - the lions share of those figures are the 'final' figures displayed for 2020. If you cross reference the ones we have marked as not reporting on our counter with that page, you'll note they match with the 2020 'Final' column.

We're (likely) only days away from the NRL Annual Report so we'll see some audited final figures for last season which should be interesting.

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
I got a call from the tigers asking if I’d be interested in renewing to which I replied not a chance. She then asked why to which I commented about the pathetic black jersey, 6 home grounds, a garbage half back, not making the finals once in a decade and a club more concerned with PR than winning football games.

Congrats to the Wests magpies admin you’ve managed to make me detest the turd of an entity you preside over as much as I hate souffs and Parra combined.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
I got a call from the tigers asking if I’d be interested in renewing to which I replied not a chance. She then asked why to which I commented about the pathetic black jersey, 6 home grounds, a garbage half back, not making the finals once in a decade and a club more concerned with PR than winning football games.

Congrats to the Wests magpies admin you’ve managed to make me detest the turd of an entity you preside over as much as I hate souffs and Parra combined.
Bet she’s glad she called you.

This Year?

Immortal

Are you sure you're not a dragons fan?

gallagher

Juniors

Lol, I feel your pain. They've stopped calling me!!

parrawentyfan

Juniors
Credit to the Raiders. Who would have thought them gunning for third spot a few years ago. Although when Broncos and Storm kick in they will take over I assume.

Warriors is a worry but understandable.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Considering memberships have been dropping since the nrl pulled the funding to promote them and left it to the clubs hopefully this year will see some resurgence.

Credit to the Raiders. Who would have thought them gunning for third spot a few years ago. Although when Broncos and Storm kick in they will take over I assume.

Warriors is a worry but understandable.

yeah they'd be actually 5th .. both Broncos & Storm would have over 20K each
Panthers also possibly more then 18K too.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Considering memberships have been dropping since the nrl pulled the funding to promote them and left it to the clubs hopefully this year will see some resurgence.
Problem now is zero accountability. We're 9 days from kickoff and there are still 5 clubs saying nothing about how many members they have. It's like we're in the early 2000s where information was non existent

Perth Red

Post Whore
Problem now is zero accountability. We're 9 days from kickoff and there are still 5 clubs saying nothing about how many members they have. It's like we're in the early 2000s where information was non existent

Its Vlandys way, bury the data so he can’t be measured against it. This years annual report is one of the least quantitive since we started getting decent ones in 2012. No registration. Numbers, , no tv revenue identified, other account line items buried. And so it goes on,

soc123_au

Staff member
Memberships are just a dick measuring contest anyway. It was the NRL's way of letting souffs feel relevant pre 2014.

If they want a true indicator of what the memberships are then it should be revenue from memberships. A body count is bullshit when a single ticket or supporter pack member is counted as 1 along with someone holding a full season ticketed membership.