What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 QF 2 Sat - Penrith 10-16 South Sydney @ QCBS

Finals Week 1: Penrith v South Sydney

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 30 76.9%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Munky

Coach
Ivan is a good coach.

Unfortunately good won't win comps.

The dilemma is that a roll in the sack produced our long term halfback.

Not sure how we ever win TBH.

yobbo84

First Grade
Coach Ivan fooked up in a finals match again. Chopping and changing the starting side, the bench and including Staines who was underdone, was puzzling.

But we are still alive, and we have to do it the very, very hard way.
You're a very good side. I think overconfidence was your fault tonight. That won't happen again. You'll belt whoever you play next week and the prelim could be match of the year.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Coach Ivan fooked up in a finals match again. Chopping and changing the starting side, the bench and including Staines who was underdone, was puzzling.

But we are still alive, and we have to do it the very, very hard way.

Ivans selections have been odd in the second half of the season, particularly the bench. What is the point of Mitch Kenny? A real lack of props. Leinu 12 mins? Pangai 23? Martin at prop?

makes no sense

soc123_au

Staff member
You're a very good side. I think overconfidence was your fault tonight. That won't happen again. You'll belt whoever you play next week and the prelim could be match of the year.
I hope you are right on this point. It could be the kick in the arse we need. You would think last years effort in the gf would do the trick, but too many wins and only losses at well below full strength since then could numb the lesson. There should be no such compaincency now.

blaza88z

Coach
Pangai needs to play on an edge I reckon, he'd have more impact than Kikau had tonight

I don't think Ivan is a really good tactical coach, he can obviously coach (Penrith have been one of the best teams all year). In the big games when he comes up against the "master coaches", he seems to struggle to come up with something to beat them.

Nathan was trying chip and chase plays with 10 to go, that for me was when I knew Penrith were cooked

Munky

Coach
Ivans selections have been odd in the second half of the season, particularly the bench. What is the point of Mitch Kenny? A real lack of props. Leinu 12 mins? Pangai 23? Martin at prop?

makes no sense

He's shitting the bed.

Origin crippled our halves and he hasn't adapted for it.

We have Tago who can play centre and backrow. The perfect utility given Burton can cover the halves.

Instead he picks an average hooker and plays him at lock off the bench.

f**king muppet but his ejaculate is so valuable to our team.