What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 QF 2 Sat - Penrith 10-16 South Sydney @ QCBS

Finals Week 1: Penrith v South Sydney

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 30 76.9%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YoungPanther

Juniors
The point (that went straight over that Penriff fans head) is that Penriff have a much better season record than Souths had the years we lost. When you are that dominant throughout the regular season and don't cap it off with a Premiership, you have choked BIG TIME.
My apologies. Your club over performed these past 3 years, with teams that should never have made the top 4. I stand corrected.

Valheru

Coach
Claiming anyone was belted by 6 is like believing you can just make up meaning of words on the fly as it suits yourself.

The end margin especially in a finals game isn't necessarily indicative of the tightness of the contest.

Last year's grand final was over after 30 minutes.

I'll give you two other examples in contrast. 2013 (8 points) and 2019 (6 points). You seriously want to argue last year's was anywhere near as tight as those?

Nealo 12

Bench
Black Cat GIF

roofromoz

First Grade
The Panthers were hardly impressive in last year's finals. Yes they're a better side now, but they snuck a win by 1 point against a fading Roosters who got belted by 60 the week prior, only just beat a depleted Souths by a try (and saved by an Adam Reynolds toenail), and then got belted by the Storm in the GF.

They'll certainly have a point to prove and I think this'll be the match of the round.

Agree, in retrospect PENRITH peaked too early last year. Feels a bit different this year, but for some reason I am pessimistic about our chances this year. Love to be proven wrong obviously.

forby

Juniors
It's never a good look to lose 3 prelims in a row. However souths were the away team in all 3 of those matches.
how are you the away team when you play on your home ground?
Stadium Australia is their home ground and I am pretty sure that’s where they played the PF last year!
Try a different excuse for them!

GongPanther

Referee
Penrith showed last year how ready they were not. The players and the coach overthought everything in that finals series instead of simply sticking to what got us there in the first place.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bellamy noticed this, and kept his game plan simple and just wait for the Panthers inexperience to take effect.

As far as this Souths game is concerned, even without Mitchell, Souths are going to be a very worthy opposition.

Again, after a very tight first half, and after the 10th min of the second half, the Panthers will apply the rest of their game plan.

Us by 28-16.

Last edited:

GongPanther

Referee
The end margin especially in a finals game isn't necessarily indicative of the tightness of the contest.

Last year's grand final was over after 30 minutes.

I'll give you two other examples in contrast. 2013 (8 points) and 2019 (6 points). You seriously want to argue last year's was anywhere near as tight as those?
I simply put it down to us badly losing it in the 1st half, rather than the Storm winning.

soc123_au

Staff member
Time to find out what we learned from last years finals series. I'm confident that we learned plenty and the run of wins against Souths continues. In any case this thread should be a belter Saturday night. Go Panthers!!

yobbo84

First Grade
I'm enjoying Cody Walker fans call us chokers, f**k me isn't he a fraudulent human when under the bright lights
I actually think he's been very good his last couple of big games. Damien Cook on the other hand... His prelim missed tackles on Yeo last year and Papalii the year before still haunt me

Jim Rockford

Bench
I actually think he's been very good his last couple of big games. Damien Cook on the other hand... His prelim missed tackles on Yeo last year and Papalii the year before still haunt me
He's just trying to deflect from the fact that Penriff are on the precipice of achieving the greatest CHOKE in the history of Rugby League.

martielang

Bench
Jimmy boy, cracking material that. Haven't you blokes lost like 14 prelims in a row or something?

Latest posts