What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R13 Fri - Wests Tigers 26-6 Penrith @ Leichhardt

Round 13: Wests Tigers v Penrith

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

betcats

Referee
No excuses for Penrith, we have very good replacements for our rep players, Edwards should be back I think our spine is better and despite missing four forwards I still think our pack has them covered. Bench is a bit of a drop off for us, I daresay we will young Tago debut which will be exciting.

Exsilium

First Grade
Despite their losses, I think Penrith win this.

Some very handy replacements and the Engine room is relatively unaffected.

Penrith by 2

Rhyno

First Grade
Take a couple of players out and all of a sudden that Penrith side looking pretty average

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
got a feeling tigers will get up by 4

GF.gif

Valheru

Coach
IMO, that whole Panthers side on paper is at least a bottom 8 side.

But like I've mentioned earlier in another thread, is that we have been building well for this exact scenario. So hopefully it kicks on for us.

Comes down to coaching

That team over a season wouldn't be playing finals IMO however this is a one off against an also ran so siege mentality and all that.

This is one thing both the storm and roosters have done well over the last 10 years, winning their fair share of games when depleted by origin.

The_Frog

First Grade
Pressure on Tigers for this game as these 2 points are massive for them.
Looking at some of the games they've dropped so far, they really shouldn't need to play the unbeaten comp leaders with half their side out to start a run up the ladder.

They accounted for a similarly depleted Dragons last game, but that Dragons side didn't have a Fisher-Harris, a Kikau, a Burton, a Crichton, a Staines, even an Edwards. Lot of reverse woofing going on in this thread but I won't join in. I think we will win. If Wests really put in it will be competitive. Expecting JFH to be a man mountain with the c beside his name.

The_Frog

First Grade
Mahoney is back playing for Parra instead of Qld. LOL!
He was never keeping Harry out.

This is one thing both the storm and roosters have done well over the last 10 years, winning their fair share of games when depleted by origin.

I suspect the Roosters would be quite happy to field their round 16, 2019 side that beat Wests right now, despite Teddy being missing.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Lot of reverse woofing going on in this thread but I won't join in. I think we will win.

I like this. It’s fairly funny reading mostPanthers fans comments about this week. You are still $1.45 favourites FFS

The Storm had their entire spine and a stack of others yet spanked the Raiders with little trouble.

I expect the Panthers to play a fairly simplistic game plan, all about minimizing errors and field position. They will obviously be fairly disjointed in attack. Rain is forecast Friday which will help their cause.

Zero excuses for Wests. Win or lose I don’t expect us to make any sort of run for the 8, never the less we won’t get a better opportunity to beat a genuine contender.

As for Panthers fans saying it will be embarrassing for us to lose this? Please, we embarrass ourselves countless times every year, this would be mid level at worst

soc123_au

Staff member

This is the real test I've been wanting. Compared to most teams we have had a dream run when it comes to fielding our top 15 to 17 players each week. I think our depth is up to it, and has been pretty well proven when called upon. The big difference here is now half the team is depth, not just one or two at a time. As you said, this kind of thing is just another day at the coalface for The Storm, Roosters & also Manly & Broncos not so long ago. I'm actually looking forward to this game more than Origin. I think we can win, and win well, it will be a good indicator of the shape we are in as a club long term.

Smug Panther

First Grade
This is the real test I've been wanting. Compared to most teams we have had a dream run when it comes to fielding our top 15 to 17 players each week. I think our depth is up to it, and has been pretty well proven when called upon. The big difference here is now half the team is depth, not just one or two at a time. As you said, this kind of thing is just another day at the coalface for The Storm, Roosters & also Manly & Broncos not so long ago. I'm actually looking forward to this game more than Origin. I think we can win, and win well, it will be a good indicator of the shape we are in as a club long term.
The game means almost nothing, the whole origin period in fact means sweet f**k all. We could lose every game and we'll still finish top 2