What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R14 Fri - Cronulla 19-18 Penrith @ Netstrata Jubilee

Round 14: Cronulla v Penrith

• Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stryker

First Grade
That's usually how it goes, players from future immortals to run of the mill first grade hacks.

Matt Moylan case and point, Penrith fans were comparing him to Lockyer.
Panthers certainly dont deserve it when Ivan rewards shit players with starts. May should not be in the team.

If Momirovski didnt get injured Panthers wouldn't be in it at all. Tago got Panthers back into it while Momirovski was just killing every touch that went down his side.

If Ivan was fair dinkum he would drop May, Momirovski and Kikau would be on notice too.
What about Crichton?
That guy is not putting in.

stryker

First Grade
Well done Sharkies on a well deserved win.

And Lol! At anyone who has reached the conclusion that “it’s all downhill from here” for us.

You obviously haven’t been following League for very long.
Settle down Jim, only your second loss for the year.
DO NOT take it out on your wife tonight

Munted

Bench
What about Crichton?
That guy is not putting in.
Spot on. Guys played the last two weeks like a training drill. 60% effort at best.
He's gone from the extended origin squad last year to a very lazy player.
Not totally uncommon across the NRL, but bloody frustrating to see these clowns take the piss.

The_Frog

First Grade
Ives should also buy some Clearasil on the way home for his son.
I'm sure over the counter preparations have been tried. The options are laser treatment which looks much worse before it looks better, and a drug called roaccutane that really messes with your system, and would be best undertaken in the off season. So our Nate will have to be content to be the best half in the game, rather than the prettiest.

Last edited:

Pantherjim.

Referee
Spot on. Guys played the last two weeks like a training drill. 60% effort at best.
He's gone from the extended origin squad last year to a very lazy player.
Not totally uncommon across the NRL, but bloody frustrating to see these clowns take the piss.

Spot on.

We should’ve let him go and put more effort into retaining Burton IMHO

some11

Referee
May is not an NRL player.

A few losses now will stop the invincible aura Panthers had and the pressure that comes along with it. The fact people are bagging them for losses without Origin players shows how out of hand expectations had gotten.

Last week with 8 players out the expectation was they beat a near full strength side. Which is ridiculous. Half the squad was reserve graders. The rest were the guys not good enough for rep selection.
Most people are taking the piss because their sides have had to deal with having bulk players out for origin whereas this is the first time the panthers have had to worry about it in 20 years.

mxlegend99

Referee
Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Meh..some of us called Crichton as being a waste of money and poor cap choice. The second cltge merkin got greedy and failed to honour his already overs handshake deao we should have withdrawn it.

Burton was clearly better a long time ago

SDM

First Grade
I'm not a fan of origin during this part of the season and players being unavailable and I have little emotional attachment to the Blues but it is what it is. I just hope that it will work out in the end and we may find form again when the origin stars come back and we can give the comp a shake. I can't think of many other sports in the world that disrupt their domestic seasons and promote a representative competition to the detriment of the main competition.
lol sook

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'm not a fan of origin during this part of the season and players being unavailable and I have little emotional attachment to the Blues but it is what it is. I just hope that it will work out in the end and we may find form again when the origin stars come back and we can give the comp a shake. I can't think of many other sports in the world that disrupt their domestic seasons and promote a representative competition to the detriment of the main competition.
You're also not a fan when your team is struggling....