What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R3 Fri - South Sydney 26-16 Sydney @ Stad Aus

Round 3: South Sydney v Sydney

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2021 - Round 3
South Sydney Rabbitohs v Sydney Roosters
Stadium Australia, Sydney Olympic Park (TICKETS)
Friday 26 March 2021

NSW Cup (Souths v Norths) 5:40pm -- NRL kickoff 8:05pm

SOUTHSYDNEY-2021.png

1. Latrell Mitchell 2. Alex Johnston 3. Dane Gagai 4. Campbell Graham 5. Josh Mansour 6. Cody Walker 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Thomas Burgess 9. Damien Cook 10. Tevita Tatola 11. Keaon Koloamatangi 12. Jaydn Su'A 13. Cameron Murray
Interchange: 14. Benji Marshall 15. Mark Nicholls 16. Patrick Mago 17. Jai Arrow 18. Jacob Host 19. Tautau Moga 20. Troy Dargan 21. Steven Marsters

SYDNEY-2021.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Josh Morris 4. Joseph Manu 5. Brett Morris 6. Lachlan Lam 7. Luke Keary 8. Lindsay Collins 9. Freddy Lussick 10. Siosiua Taukeiaho 11. Angus Crichton 12. Sitili Tupouniua 13. Isaac Liu
Interchange: 14. Victor Radley 15. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 16. Nat Butcher 17. Daniel Suluka-fifita 18. Drew Hutchison 19. Matt Ikuvalu 20. Sam Walker 21. Fletcher Baker

fevf2bE.jpg

Referees: Ashley Klein
Sideline Officials: Dave Munro, Todd Smith
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy

NSW Cup Souths v Norths (Roosters feeder) will be played as a curtain raiser at 5:40pm.​

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Frog

First Grade
The Roosters backline is running riot at the moment. I doubt the Rabbitohs will be able to stop them, although surely they'll do a better job than Wests did.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Rabbitohs by 10. They have much better quality players in the 6 and 9 than the Roosters (Lam and Lussick are fairly uninspiring) and their forward pack is a lot stronger.

This Year?

Immortal
Remember when the Roosters were coasting to the finals and the 3 peat was all but a forgone conclusion, then they got their season ended in one of their meekest performances ever?

While the result of this game will mean nothing in the course of the season for either club, the rivalry is so fierce that someone will either get suspended or a long term injury.
This contest will be great viewing for the neutrals and could even be a grand final preview.

Vic Mackey

Referee
The Roosters look very slick to start the season, whilst still having plenty more to give. I expect them to win however Souths have made a habit out of beating the roosters early in the year and celebrating like they’ve won the comp only to lose to them later in the year when it matters.

Valheru

Coach
The Roosters look very slick to start the season, whilst still having plenty more to give. I expect them to win however Souths have made a habit out of beating the roosters early in the year and celebrating like they’ve won the comp only to lose to them later in the year when it matters.

Under Robbo we are 1-7 against souths in the first meeting of the season with the one win in 2017 in what was a bludger of a match.

In the 2nd meeting of the season we are 6-2.

pantherz9103

First Grade
The Roosters form doesn't mean too much when you look at who they have beaten. Souffs will fire up for them. It won't be another 60-8 but the Roosters won't be crowing after this one.

Valheru

Coach
The Roosters form doesn't mean too much when you look at who they have beaten. Souffs will fire up for them. It won't be another 60-8 but the Roosters won't be crowing after this one.

Umm the only team souths have beaten is one of those 2 teams you refer to. .

yobbo84

First Grade
Who's going to cop a suspension for something stupid out of this game? Latrell, Su'A, JWH or Collins would be my go to.

We have a habit lately of playing really crap the week before we play the Roosters (we lost to the Broncos and Bulldogs in corresponding matches last year), so I wouldn't place too much emphasis on our form vs Manly.

The Roosters, despite what they say externally, will be extremely fired up and looking to make amends from being outright embarrassed last year. They could blow us off the park (think 2019 finals).

I just hope it's a cracker of a match.

Galeforce

Bench

lol , yes like last year ----second round Souths 60 to 8

Valheru

Coach
Fun fact about Benji Marshall and his record against the chooks.

He is 8-17 against us over his career, which is his equal worst record against an opponent with the other team, ironically, being souths.

Since the end of 2009 his record against us is 3-15