What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R4 Thu - Manly 6-46 Penrith @ Lottoland

Round 4: Manly v Penrith

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reflector

Juniors
The adversity is real for Donkeys fans...

giphy.gif

This clip needs to be remade with Nollsy singing in Suncorp and wearing a Broncos jersey

This Year?

Immortal
At moments during that game I actually felt sad for Manly, mainly because I know what it's like supporting a team that has no hope of competing, let alone winning.
I'm sure I will get that same old feeling when my team comes up against the top 4 teams too.
Manly were renowned for being tough when their backs are against the wall. Since the days of Trent that legacy has been watered down. If I can't hate Manly it just doesn't feel like Rugba Leeg.

Valheru

Coach
Best get used to these types of floggings. I said it before the game that any discrepancy in skill between teams is exemplified by the rules.

3-4 years ago the NRL was commended for the amount of close games compared to AFL, that seems to have reversed with new rules both have introduced.

I'm not necessarily saying this game would have been close 3 years ago but one has to wonder what damage to the competition is being done when 3 games in one week feature $7.50 outsiders.

shear_joy9

Coach
Best get used to these types of floggings. I said it before the game that any discrepancy in skill between teams is exemplified by the rules.

3-4 years ago the NRL was commended for the amount of close games compared to AFL, that seems to have reversed with new rules both have introduced.

I'm not necessarily saying this game would have been close 3 years ago but one has to wonder what damage to the competition is being done when 3 games in one week feature $7.50 outsiders.

damage to the competition?? haha

there is nothing all wrong with the quality sides beating up the shit ones. The bigger the scorelines the more pressure is put on those teams to replace their inept coaches/management.

Valheru

Coach
damage to the competition?? haha

there is nothing all wrong with the quality sides beating up the shit ones. The bigger the scorelines the more pressure is put on those teams to replace their inept coaches/management.

Damage to the comp may be a stretch.

Still, sport organisations are hope merchants and at the moment we have 4 teams (dogs, cows, manly, brisbane) whom, even the most hardcore fan would have to admit, have no legitimate prospect of getting anywhere near the finals. That is 25% of the comp that after 3 rounds have been all but ruled out of making a post season in which 50% of the clubs qualify.

I'm not saying those 4 teams would make it under the old rules but I reckon they would be in the running far longer than they are this year.

shear_joy9

Coach
Damage to the comp may be a stretch.

Still, sport organisations are hope merchants and at the moment we have 4 teams (dogs, cows, manly, brisbane) whom, even the most hardcore fan would have to admit, have no legitimate prospect of getting anywhere near the finals. That is 25% of the comp that after 3 rounds have been all but ruled out of making a post season in which 50% of the clubs qualify.

I'm not saying those 4 teams would make it under the old rules but I reckon they would be in the running far longer than they are this year.

their problems are all self imposed, it has nothing to do with the rules. Only the most delusional of fans would have picked any of those sides to make the 8 at the start of the season any way.