What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R6 Fri - Melbourne 20-4 Sydney @ AAMI

Round 6: Melbourne v Sydney

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well done Storm. Way better than us. We’re lacking leadership and playing stocks are pathetically low. With Rads, Jared and SST possibly missing next week, I’m keen to see what sort of team we put together. I’ll play if I have to as long as Saints promise not to tackle me.

Munky

Coach
Has there been a more amateur commentator than SBW?

I think amateur is being too kind.

Go to an open night at a pub and you'll see gun weekend warrior musicians ripping up on stage for fun.

Sonny is like if a random bum who never touched a guitar got up on stage and played Jingle Bells.

skeepe

Immortal
yes he can as it was for negative play the six again not because someone touched it
No, he f**king can’t. From the laws of the game:

Where an infringement of Section 11 (10) (a) of the International Laws of the Game is committed by the defending team, the referee will recommence the tackle count by verbally and physically signalling “6 again”, except for the following instances:
• Professional Fouls
• Repeated Infringements
• Where play has broken down (eg the
infringement by the defending team results in a lost ball or an unacceptable PTB necessitating a stoppage)
A full penalty will be awarded in the above instances.
Where a referee awards a full penalty for a professional foul or repeated infringements, the offending player will be sent to the sin bin.

https://www.playrugbyleague.com/media/10100/nrl-international-rules-book-2020-a5-v2-web.pdf

Play did NOT break down as a result of the infringement. Six again was signalled, and then after that he kicked the ball. The referee cannot go back and then award a penalty, because that situation does not fit what the rules say.

I mean it had no bearing on the game but the referee flat out got the rule wrong. That’s unacceptable.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Grant was great but it was on the back of one of our best forward displays in a very long time. Our pack looked well up for it to tonight.