What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

Jim Rockford

Bench
Agreed Callmack. This crap about the cap being tight is just a ruse so they can pretend they've got no choice but to let Reyno go. They made the choice to only offer him 1 year and now they are seeing the backlash. Instead of manning up and saying we made a mistake they are doubling down by trying to blame the financial situation. I fully believe that a lot of people who commented on the petition saying they would cancel their memberships if Reyno goes will follow through with that (hell, I'm even considering doing the same). This could really have a big impact on the clubs finances and those in charge only have themselves to blame.

NovoBunny94

Juniors
Agreed Callmack. This crap about the cap being tight is just a ruse so they can pretend they've got no choice but to let Reyno go. They made the choice to only offer him 1 year and now they are seeing the backlash. Instead of manning up and saying we made a mistake they are doubling down by trying to blame the financial situation. I fully believe that a lot of people who commented on the petition saying they would cancel their memberships if Reyno goes will follow through with that (hell, I'm even considering doing the same). This could really have a big impact on the clubs finances and those in charge only have themselves to blame.
I have a Rabbitohs tattoo so it will be hard to jump ship. But if they let Reynolds go I’m most likely going to cover it up and move on to another team to support. Maybe the Roosters :joy: no joking but I’ll definitely cover it up, cancel membership etc and support a different team.

Mad Bunny

Juniors
I read with great sadness that Russell Crowe's father passed away today (tuesday) in Coffs harbour as a rabbitohs member and i speak for all our members and fans worldwide from our great club the south sydney rabbitohs. Today we all send our heart felt sadness to Russell Crowe and his family may this great man rest in peace Amen. God Bless.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
I have a Rabbitohs tattoo so it will be hard to jump ship. But if they let Reynolds go I’m most likely going to cover it up and move on to another team to support. Maybe the Roosters :joy: no joking but I’ll definitely cover it up, cancel membership etc and support a different team.
That's a big call, especially from a Matto guy, but I appreciate the depth of your sentiment

NovoBunny94

Juniors
That's a big call, especially from a Matto guy, but I appreciate the depth of your sentiment
To be honest mate I get no player is bigger than the club as well as the age and injury history or Reynolds but this is ridiculous..
On the other side of the coin it’s easy for us to comment and speculate from the outside looking in saying do this do that this needs to happen.. when on the inside it’s a completely different story.
I would love to know Russell Crowes thoughts on this situation, Even chuck in His A-list mates thoughts on it too :joy:

In other sad news I just read that the Cows have flown into Sydney to speak with Steve Gillis who I’m sure everyone knows who that is by now.
Absolute bull** that it’s getting like this. Didn’t the Storm give Cameron Smith 2 years with an option in HIS FAVOUR? before he retired? Might be wrong - I’m not always right - to be honest I don’t care about the storm so don’t know much about it.
Anyway.
SOUTHS
SIGN
ADAM
REYNOLDS
FOR
F**K
SAKE

Travitoh

First Grade
I'm going to go against the grain and say that i would expect Souths to be operating close to the cap limit. Being in a premiership window, unspent cap room is wasted cap room.

NovoBunny94

Juniors
Yeah, big call but you have to think: do I support a club who loves and cherishes it’s long standing players who adore the club and WANT to PLAY FOR THE CLUB or do I support a team who discards its CAPTAIN as if he isn’t in the picture anymore.
Not to mention he is
top 3 in the camp in regards to halfbacks not to mention his kicking game as I’ve mentioned on and off the tee.
He’s our captain
Our little general
Our longest serving (current) player
A premiership winning 7

He’s only 30..
Smith played until 36 and he was a forward - fmd

NovoBunny94

Juniors
I'm going to go against the grain and say that i would expect Souths to be operating close to the cap limit. Being in a premiership window, unspent cap room is wasted cap room.
True but going forward why would we sign players like Benji who is near the end or Tautau moga who has had 3 knee reco’s when Souths Officials have to know that the current captain of the club is coming off contract at the end of the year

Travitoh

First Grade
True but going forward why would we sign players like Benji who is near the end or Tautau moga who has had 3 knee reco’s when Souths Officials have to know that the current captain of the club is coming off contract at the end of the year

Both are only contracted for 2021 so shouldn't affect the Reynolds situation.

callmack1

Staff member

NovoBunny94

Juniors
Both are only contracted for 2021 so shouldn't affect the Reynolds situation.
Yeah true.
Look I take back my earlier statement about not supporting Souths if Adam leaves.
I started supporting Souths as the underdogs who would barely win a game and if they did you bet they lost the next week by 50.
So I’ve supported them through bad times and I’ll continue to do so.. just disappointed that it’s gotten to this

Jim Rockford

Bench
Yeah true.
Look I take back my earlier statement about not supporting Souths if Adam leaves.
I started supporting Souths as the underdogs who would barely win a game and if they did you bet they lost the next week by 50.
So I’ve supported them through bad times and I’ll continue to do so.. just disappointed that it’s gotten to this
Novo. I know exactly how you feel. I may not renew my membership if Reyno goes but I could never stop supporting the team.I'm just holding out hope that the club comes to it's senses and does the right thing.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Dad and myself are very upset we just sat down and did a long email to the membership dept voicing our disgust that this is not what South Sydney is about etc......

We titled it dear Mr Solly Me Ellison and Mr Pappas etc....

All you lads who are members give your say let the club know how you feel let’s make some noise the more emails that get sent to the club the better

Jim Rockford

Bench
Dad and myself are very upset we just sat down and did a long email to the membership dept voicing our disgust that this is not what South Sydney is about etc......

All you lads who are members give your say let the club know how you feel let’s make some noise the more emails that get sent to the club the better
Great idea R20! I'll craft an email when I get up in the morning.

NovoBunny94

Juniors

Good idea
Who do we email too?

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
This is my exact beef.
Add the dude from the Warriors who is already broken down, Burns who lives at NIB Insurance, Cartwright.