What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
If I'm choosing between Adam Reynolds and Liam Knight staying on, I'm picking up the phone and ringing every club who has got a garbage fowards pack and offering Knight even if we pay some of his salary. He'd be on about 500-600K so paying up to 40% is still a good savings to use on Reyno

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Dad and myself are very upset we just sat down and did a long email to the membership dept voicing our disgust that this is not what South Sydney is about etc......

We titled it dear Mr Solly Me Ellison and Mr Pappas etc....

All you lads who are members give your say let the club know how you feel let’s make some noise the more emails that get sent to the club the better
Ellison got no power, this is all Pappas, and his lackey Solly

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
If I'm choosing between Adam Reynolds and Liam Knight staying on, I'm picking up the phone and ringing every club who has got a garbage fowards pack and offering Knight even if we pay some of his salary. He'd be on about 500-600K so paying up to 40% is still a good savings to use on Reyno
Knight hasn’t anything to do with it and is under contract.

I think it will end up we keep x2 and lose X1 of Reynolds, Gagai or Su’a

big hit!

Bench
This Reynolds saga has gone to another level. My disbelief isn't with the behaviour of the club, but the fans.

I wonder how many of these supporters making such a song a dance will be having a go at the club in 3 years time when it's lost all of its emerging halves, who from all reports are not too bad (same as when Reynolds was coming through) and has to go to market and entice others at overs.

The club is in a premiership window right now, but it won't be in 2 or 3 years if it persists with and extends for several years all the players 30+ of age in some key positions who are taking a big chunk of the cap.

The great Sir Alex Ferguson said that he was constantly evaluating how his squad at Man Utd would look in 4 years time - and that's without a salary cap!

No doubt the powers that be at Souths who need to work within the limitations of the cap are doing that at the moment.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Knight hasn’t anything to do with it and is under contract.

I think it will end up we keep x2 and lose X1 of Reynolds, Gagai or Su’a
I know Knight is under contract, and will be next season and the one after. I know this. But it doesn't mean he can't be moved, especially if another team with garbage fowards wants to upgrade, as I said we would have to keep paying part of his salary, but it frees up funds to keep Adam. And I'm sure there would be some interest.

Travitoh

First Grade
This Reynolds saga has gone to another level. My disbelief isn't with the behaviour of the club, but the fans.

I wonder how many of these supporters making such a song a dance will be having a go at the club in 3 years time when it's lost all of its emerging halves, who from all reports are not too bad (same as when Reynolds was coming through) and has to go to market and entice others at overs.

The club is in a premiership window right now, but it won't be in 2 or 3 years if it persists with and extends for several years all the players 30+ of age in some key positions who are taking a big chunk of the cap.

The great Sir Alex Ferguson said that he was constantly evaluating how his squad at Man Utd would look in 4 years time - and that's without a salary cap!

No doubt the powers that be at Souths who need to work within the limitations of the cap are doing that at the moment.

I understand what you're saying but the key is that Souths are in a premiership window now.

Taaffe sounds great but is yet to taste first grade and won't until next season at the earliest. Reportedly has signed a new deal and could spend a couple of years at 14 while he finds his feet at the level.

I don't believe that we should let the captain walk in favour of a rookie.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors

Who said we wanted to "extend all players +30 years"???

Talk sense, not hyperbole.

Is Adam not in the top 5 halfbacks in the comp right now? How many halves have the kicking game he has? How many goal kickers can be relied upon like Adam?

You must be in the minority because pro football minds like Laurie Daley, cant believe we cant offer Adam a 2 year deal.

big hit!

Bench
I understand what you're saying but the key is that Souths are in a premiership window now.

Taaffe sounds great but is yet to taste first grade and won't until next season at the earliest. Reportedly has signed a new deal and could spend a couple of years at 14 while he finds his feet at the level.

I don't believe that we should let the captain walk in favour of a rookie.

Well, the club is giving him a deal, albeit 1 year, see how it fares and probably offer him another for 2023. It's not like the club is not offering him anything. I doubt 3 years is ever going to happen.

I can understand Reynolds wants security too.

The cap is a multi-layered beast. Right now, the club has got it right but a wrong decision here or there can send it to shit - just look at Broncos and Canterbury.

big hit!

Bench
Who said we wanted to "extend all players +30 years"???

Talk sense, not hyperbole.

Is Adam not in the top 5 halfbacks in the comp right now? How many halves have the kicking game he has? How many goal kickers can be relied upon like Adam?

You must be in the minority because pro football minds like Laurie Daley, cant believe we cant offer Adam a 2 year deal.

Of course he is.

But the talk of disowning the club? This is extreme

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
You should email the club mate re Reyno the more the better.

The thing for me R20 is that no player is bigger than the club. I think Reynolds is an awesome player and I definitely believe he can take us to another premiership but since 2015 Souths have really turned their game around in recruitment/retention. In my opinion Souths are turning into one of the best developing clubs in the comp. Im putting my faith in the club that they know what they're doing.

My biggest issue with this whole Reynolds contract saga is the way the player manager has acted. This is a year where we should be favourites for the premiership but all the media can bring up is Adam Reynolds' contract and I cant help but feel it's going to affect him later in the year. I really dislike the way player managers use the media. I think its really toxic for fans and it really triggers a lot of people. To be honest thats another discussion entirely.