What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

Mad Bunny

Juniors
Fake news... reyno will sign for 2 years shortly trust me our redfern boy ain't going anywhere I find all this fake news 100% laughable lol.

Travitoh

First Grade
I'd be letting Cody walk if i was making the decision. As good as he can be, he also lacks composure - something that i wouldn't want supporting a rookie half.

Reynolds is captain of the club and will allow Taaffe/Ilias the freedom to develop their game. Kids need leaders to progress.

big hit!

Bench
I'd be letting Cody walk if i was making the decision. As good as he can be, he also lacks composure - something that i wouldn't want supporting a rookie half.

Reynolds is captain of the club and will allow Taaffe/Ilias the freedom to develop their game. Kids need leaders to progress.

Illias was good yesterday getting the Flegg boys back into their game vs Bulldogs in the curtain-raiser. Scored a try, converted a 40/20 that led to another try, and scored the winning field goal. The whole team showed a lot of grit coming back from 20-6 at HT. Well done.

When is Taafe due to come back in NSW Cup?

Mr Spock!

Referee
Look, i love reyno, but the club has to cover its arse, look at whats happening at the cowboys with morgan, its happened to us 3 times in quick succession,we cant let it happen again. Its not as if he hasnt been offered a deal, and he has over the years been looked after. If he loves the club so much ,well accept the 1 year,was good enough for sutto, time to give back. If he goes yes it will be sad,hurt us even, but like he had to come good and learn his trade, so will the next crop. Taafe will be even better, he is better than sam walker, so lets support our club and see what happens, go the rabbits!
I think it's a fair enough deal.

The way Reynold's body is, he has to be a year by year proposition.

And these kids aren't going to sit around when you have teams that are paying a million for duds like Hunt, Milford, Morgan, Brooks.

We just lost one outstanding junior.

Mr Spock!

Referee
How many teams will be eyeing off our junior halves who seem to be outstanding prospects???

Broncs
Cowboys
Roosters
Bulldogs
Tigers
Dragons
Knights

It's about looking to the future.

assess5

Juniors

I think Cody Walker is one of the main reasons Souths have so much attacking ability. He combines with all the team and they just feed off him as he does of them. I'd prefer to keep Cody Walker.
Adam Reynolds is a very good organizer and he runs very straight when he runs but I think in attack, the side rely more on Walker.
They are both impressive in defense.

I would hate to loose Reynolds but he's gotta go some time.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
I think Cody Walker is one of the main reasons Souths have so much attacking ability. He combines with all the team and they just feed off him as he does of them. I'd prefer to keep Cody Walker.
Adam Reynolds is a very good organizer and he runs very straight when he runs but I think in attack, the side rely more on Walker.

That's pretty much what Greg Alexander said after the game, and not wanting to choose one or the other but I can definitely see what you and Brandy are saying.

Mad Bunny

Juniors
Illias was good yesterday getting the Flegg boys back into their game vs Bulldogs in the curtain-raiser. Scored a try, converted a 40/20 that led to another try, and scored the winning field goal. The whole team showed a lot of grit coming back from 20-6 at HT. Well done.

6 weeks approx

Mad Bunny

Juniors

Cody is the man! But reyno ain't going anywhere! So we keep both!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Adam Reynolds’ playing future at South Sydney will finally come to a head on Tuesday as the Rabbitohs call for a salary cap review into dispensation for long-serving players.
Reynolds and the Rabbitohs have been involved in a contract stand-off for the past month since the skipper rejected a one-year deal last month. Reynolds is prepared to leave the club unless they offer him a multi-year contract.

The Rabbitohs have maintained they want to keep Reynolds but are struggling to find the cap space to accommodate the premiership winner.

The club will spend the next 48 hours exploring possibilities of offering Reynolds the deal he desires. Complicating matters is fellow half Cody Walker is off-contract at the end of next year.

The picture will become clearer for Reynolds on Tuesday when the parties finally speak formally. South Sydney’s head of football Mark Ellison will lead discussions with Reynolds’ manager Steve Gillis. Reynolds may attend if the meeting is face-to-face.

South Sydney boss Blake Solly said the game needed to do more to reward clubs who produce long-serving players.

“The club would love Adam to stay at the club for the remainder of his career and beyond his playing days like John Sutton recently has,” Solly said.

“We have a really strong squad with a mix of experienced and emerging talent but the current NRL salary cap, with the minuscule rewards for long-serving, one-club players like Adam, is designed to make it extremely hard for clubs to keep a squad together, reward loyalty and give opportunities for young players.

“(Penrith chief executive) Brian Fletcher has suggested some really sensible amendments that would provide some reward for clubs with long-serving, one-club players. Hopefully the NRL give these suggestions a proper review”.

Clubs are given just $188,000 in salary cap dispensation for one player long-serving player.

Aside from Reynolds, South Sydney also have Campbell Graham, Cameron Murray and Alex Johnston who could receive the cap relief.

Reynolds is doing his chances of gaining a contract no harm with another strong performance on Friday afternoon.

Reynolds said his show of affection for the Rabbitohs when he kissed the badge was a gesture of thanks to the Rabbitohs faithful after running away for a try during South Sydney’s 38-0 win against Canterbury.

“It’s for the fans, the fans have been terrific,” Reynolds said.

“The messages of support have been a bit overwhelming, I didn’t realise I had so much support going around. They’ve been fantastic, so that was a little message for the fans, a thank you.

It‘s hard not to be (emotional). You check your messages and you have hundreds of messages from supporters and members wishing you the best, whether it’s to stay or to leave.

“They’re very loyal.

“I‘m certainly in no rush. My job is to turn up week in, week out, play good consistent football and win games for South Sydney.”

Reynolds conceded he had pondered life away from his junior club. Already the Cowboys are courting the 30-year-old.

“I‘ve had those thoughts, I’ve come to the realisation it might happen,” Reynolds said. “Security is everything for me and my family. I said before I don’t want to be signing one-year contracts for the rest of my life.

If you ask any player my age they’d probably say the same. I still feel like I have another good three, four years in me, maybe five, who knows. But I’d like a minimum of two.”

Walker is facing a one-game ban after being charged twice by the NRL’s match review committee. He will miss one game with an early guilty plea but two if he fights the charge and losses for a striking charge on Canterbury fullback Nick Meaney.
Walker was also charged for stepping on Bulldogs back-rower Corey Waddell but will only be hit with a fine. Teammate Keaon Koloamatangi is also in doubt for Thursday’s game against Brisbane after being charged for a crusher tackle. He is facing a two game ban for the tackle on Will Hopoate.
Brisbane’s Pat Carrigan will be banned for one game for a crusher on Christian Welch.

From Daily Telegraph

Renno can kick as well. He runs on and you’ve got at least 6-12 points in the bank.

His body is good and let’s face it, he’s got as much risk of breaking down than a well-serviced 2013 Camry.

You only live once, Renno must be signed.

Other clubs, we gasp at your temerity and ignorance putting him through this.

Souths is supposed to be a noble club.

Travitoh

First Grade

I do agree with that but if the decision is being made with the juniors coming through in mind, i would prefer Reynolds teaching them than Walker. I also don't like the thought of an unhinged Walker next to a rookie half. Walker isn't a leader.

IMO, being willing to let Reynolds walk instead of negotiating a second year or option for one tells me that the club have doubts about how long they can be contenders for.

As I've said before, the club have displayed a willingness to let its captain walk in favour of kids that aren't even in the first grade 30 for this season. This is the second year Taaffe's been eligible for senior footy and we're yet to see him in first grade. I don't believe that is a decision that a contender makes.

You rarely win betting on the unknown.

Travitoh

First Grade

The kid sounds promising, don't get me wrong. But Flegg to First Grade is a huge jump.

assess5

Juniors
I do agree with that but if the decision is being made with the juniors coming through in mind, i would prefer Reynolds teaching them than Walker. I also don't like the thought of an unhinged Walker next to a rookie half. Walker isn't a leader.

IMO, being willing to let Reynolds walk instead of negotiating a second year or option for one tells me that the club have doubts about how long they can be contenders for.

As I've said before, the club have displayed a willingness to let its captain walk in favour of kids that aren't even in the first grade 30 for this season. This is the second year Taaffe's been eligible for senior footy and we're yet to see him in first grade. I don't believe that is a decision that a contender makes.

You rarely win betting on the unknown.

Not arguing, just voicing an opinion, don't know enough about the juniors. AR seemed fair dinkum. Hard to see why a two year contract isn't possible though.