What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

handyman2190

Bench
He’s not even on a development contract yet, who said this?
Taafe has been groomed,if AR goes,taafe will take over.
We have a few 30 year olds, gagai will probably be offered a 1 year deal as well.
Just like AR took over when sandow left we have 3 hopefulls we can use

Rabbits20

Immortal
Taafe has been groomed,if AR goes,taafe will take over.
We have a few 30 year olds, gagai will probably be offered a 1 year deal as well.
Just like AR took over when sandow left we have 3 hopefulls we can use
Ta’affe isn’t ready yet he’s barely played a NSW Cup game.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Adam Reynolds Linked To Second Club Amid Souths Contract Standoff
Tom Naghten
1 hour ago

A second club has been linked to a possible move for South Sydney’s Adam Reynolds as the halfback’s contract standoff with the club continues.

Negotiations between the Rabbitohs and the premiership-winning playmaker have been at an impasse for several months.

North Queensland confirmed earlier this week they were interested in signing the 30-year-old, who has only been offered a one-year contract extension at Redfern.

Speaking on Triple M, journalist Brent Read said he expects progress to be made one way or another over the next couple of days.

“I reckon over the weekend, Adam Reynolds will sit down with Souths and work out where the land lies a litte bit and by early next week we’ll know whether he is a legit free agent at the end of the season or not,” Read said.

"They want something out of the Souths that says, ‘we’re sticking with one year or we’re going to give you two,’ and if they don’t give him two, Adam Reynolds will hit the market and will have clubs lining up as we’ve already seen with the Cowboys.

“If Souths come back to Adam Reynolds and say, ‘it’s one year or bust,’ I think the Cowboys will hit the go button, Adam Reynolds will go out on the market and see what he can get.”

Asked what other options the number seven might have if he was to leave Souths, Read suggested the Sharks could be in the market for a halfback.

“It’s a bit of a domino-effect, because a club like Cronulla is yet to make a call on Shaun Johnson, Chad Townsend’s got an option in his contract at the end of the year,” he added.

"If Adam Reynolds decides he doesn’t want to go to Townsville, well maybe the Cowboys look at Johnson or Townsend, and suddenly Cronulla become interested in Reynolds.

“At the moment, the Cowboys are the leading contenders but depending what they do and what some other clubs do, you could have a club like Cronulla that comes right in for him.”

Reynolds has four young kids and has played his entire career with Souths, perhaps making a move to Townsville to play for the Cowboys a hurdle.

Still captain at Souths for now, Reynolds will lead Wayne Bennett’s men into action against struggling Canterbury at Stadium Australia on Friday night.

It’s getting to the point where it’s hard not to find a club who isn’t linked to him.

Old buzz interviews a retired gear steward from a junior club out in the country and the next day, Ben Hunt is going to Argentine rugby and Reynolds was secretly signed to captain SGI 2 years ago starting 2022.

He could take one year and I think pick up a contract easily enough for 2023. Good halves are very hard to find.

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
Cowboys ‘officially interested’ but Bunnies won’t budge as Reynolds faces ‘700k v $3m’ choice: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...r/news-story/e0cf2736af3637f44fc79f9f8bba8835

Legend calls on Broncos to go hard for ‘useful’ Reynolds in club rebuild: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/eea0a49a01387215886e644e38d13f12

The Bunnies blueprint in place to soothe Reynolds exit - Jimmy Brings: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/8fa5c88f5bb7af705ffe227621f77971

From Sporting News, good sign that Reyno says he'd still perfer to stay,

Adam Reynolds still hopeful of Rabbitohs resolution as Cowboys lead chase for veteran half-back

Off-contract South Sydney skipper Adam Reynolds is holding out hope of a resolution to his stand-off with Rabbitohs management but admits he is considering ‘all options’ for 2022 and beyond.

Reynolds broke his silence on Wednesday night, a matter of hours after his manager Steve Gillis held a virtual meeting with North Queensland Cowbosy recruitment manager Dane Campbell.

The Cowboys, who are expected to medically retire star playmaker Michael Morgan in the coming weeks, are tipped to make a formal offer to the 30-year-old Rabbitohs junior as early as next week.

Reynolds, who in February told Sporting News Australia he is ‘not on the same page’ with Bunnies management, wants a three-year contract extension.

The Rabbitohs are only prepared to offer the veteran of 209 games for the club a new deal for 2022.

“I’m not too sure, that’s what my manager gets paid the big bucks for,” Reynolds told Triple M’s The Rush Hour with MG when asked if he expects his future to be settled sooner rather than later.

“All I can do is go out there and play good, consistent footy and hopefully keep winning games for South Sydney.

“Look, I’m there for the 12 months that my contract states now but hopefully we get things sorted over the next couple of weeks or months but at the moment I’m probably on JobSeeker next year.”

Told that Townsville is a nice part of the world amid multiple reports of his manager’s meeting with the Cowboys, the No.7 replied: ”Yeah I’ve heard that, you never know.

“You have to weigh up all options and see what comes but hopefully we get things sorted over the next couple of weeks.”

One thing Reynolds is certain of is that he is far from ready to call time on his NRL career.

“I think I’ve still got another three or four years of good, consistent, solid footy left in me,” he said.

“I don’t fell like I’m slowing down at any stage of my career, the body’s actually feeling pretty good.

“Everyone keeps calling me old but I’m only 30 years of age.

“I’ve got a pretty handy bloke (Benji Marshall) I look across the changerooms at and he’s 36 and still going well so it gives me a bit of hope.”

Reynolds will lead Wayne Bennett’s men into action against struggling Canterbury at Stadium Australia on Friday night.

Callmack trust me reyno will be staying ello for one wont let him go its disadvantageous to souths premiership hopes this year and for next year makes sense doesn't it?
It makes perfect sense to me but doesn't seem to make sense to the club.

callmack1

Staff member
League leaders - Reynolds on what it means to captain Rabbitohs: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/04/01/league-leaders-adam-reynolds/

‘Go look at the rules’ - Bennett slams changing Origin eligibility as ‘waste of time’: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/68dbffa142f774640f63ae4ead4eb0c6

New South Wales coach Brad Fittler wants State of Origin eligibility rules changed: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/state-...il-gould/3a4aa449-e6a2-4fdf-9c88-f36205101eac

Brisbane expansion bids stung by cunning name trademark cash grab: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-ec...eculator/c9ca3deb-09b5-486b-a8cf-8acb518f017b

Mr Spock!

Referee
Revealed: The Bunnies blueprint in place to soothe Reynolds exit
The Rabbitohs may be prepared to lose Adam Reynolds but that does not mean they don’t have a blueprint to move forward without him.

THE unspoken element of the Adam Reynolds contract Mexican standoff with South Sydney is the three young gun players who the Rabbitohs view as the generation next to build the club around.
Bunnies rookies Blake Taaffe, 21, Lachlan Ilias, 20, and Peter Mamouzelos, 20, were all key members of the club’s 2019 Jersey Flegg premiership-winning side who beat a Panthers team containing Matt Burton and Charlie Staines to make the grand final.

The Rabbitohs trio have all recently been signed up long-term in a clear indication the Bunnies are planning to keep their premiership window open for as long as possible.

The other element of the Reynolds stalemate is what becomes of off-contract Queensland Origin centre Dane Gagai once Souths resolve the situation with their champion no.7.

The sad reality is that if Reynolds decides to accept the club’s 12-month offer of around $700,000 then the Bunnies will have zero wiggle room in their salary cap for Gagai.

But if Reynolds opts to take up the longer-term offer from the North Queensland Cowboys then the Bunnies will still be able to make a play to keep the Maroons Origin star.

Back to the rookies. Penrith champion Mark Geyer rightfully recently raised the subject on Triple M about whether the Bunnies had some gun juniors if Reynolds opts to leave the club.

The answer is yes - there’s three of them.

Local junior Taaffe is a five-eighth who has already got a taste of the NRL in the Charity Shield this year and won man of the match honours with two tries in the Bunnies Jersey Flegg premiership.

Ilias has huge raps on him as an organising halfback and played Australian Schoolboys rugby union in 2018 while Mamezoulos is a hooker who the Bunnies also have ear-marked to rise to the NRL.

For the record, we still don’t agree with the Bunnies call to refuse to budge from the 12-month rolling offer to their captain Reynolds.

As mad as it seems on the surface, the Bunnies clearly have a blueprint and these next generation players look set to play a major role.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...ium=email&utm_campaign=crm&utm_content=static

Revealed: The Bunnies blueprint in place to soothe Reynolds exit
The Rabbitohs may be prepared to lose Adam Reynolds but that does not mean they don’t have a blueprint to move forward without him.

THE unspoken element of the Adam Reynolds contract Mexican standoff with South Sydney is the three young gun players who the Rabbitohs view as the generation next to build the club around.
Bunnies rookies Blake Taaffe, 21, Lachlan Ilias, 20, and Peter Mamouzelos, 20, were all key members of the club’s 2019 Jersey Flegg premiership-winning side who beat a Panthers team containing Matt Burton and Charlie Staines to make the grand final.

The Rabbitohs trio have all recently been signed up long-term in a clear indication the Bunnies are planning to keep their premiership window open for as long as possible.

The other element of the Reynolds stalemate is what becomes of off-contract Queensland Origin centre Dane Gagai once Souths resolve the situation with their champion no.7.

The sad reality is that if Reynolds decides to accept the club’s 12-month offer of around $700,000 then the Bunnies will have zero wiggle room in their salary cap for Gagai.

But if Reynolds opts to take up the longer-term offer from the North Queensland Cowboys then the Bunnies will still be able to make a play to keep the Maroons Origin star.

Back to the rookies. Penrith champion Mark Geyer rightfully recently raised the subject on Triple M about whether the Bunnies had some gun juniors if Reynolds opts to leave the club.

The answer is yes - there’s three of them.

Local junior Taaffe is a five-eighth who has already got a taste of the NRL in the Charity Shield this year and won man of the match honours with two tries in the Bunnies Jersey Flegg premiership.

Ilias has huge raps on him as an organising halfback and played Australian Schoolboys rugby union in 2018 while Mamezoulos is a hooker who the Bunnies also have ear-marked to rise to the NRL.

For the record, we still don’t agree with the Bunnies call to refuse to budge from the 12-month rolling offer to their captain Reynolds.

As mad as it seems on the surface, the Bunnies clearly have a blueprint and these next generation players look set to play a major role.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...ium=email&utm_campaign=crm&utm_content=static

Gags > Reynolds = Solly on meth.

I don't think it's Solly's call.

If the story has any modicum of truth.

The decision maker is on meth.

Solly should man up and threaten to resign if Renno isn’t offered 2.

Imagine keeping gags and letting Renno go?

That’s like letting the passengers fly the aircraft.

Forgive them o rugby league Gods, for the Rabbitohs know not what they do. Apt for Easter!

Sheesh you pounded the dogs today. They kept up the fight for far longer than I thought they would.

Last edited:

Mr Spock!

Referee
If the story has any modicum of truth.

The decision maker is on meth.

Solly should man up and threaten to resign if Renno isn’t offered 2.

Imagine keeping gags and letting Renno go?

That’s like letting the passengers fly the aircraft.

Forgive them o rugby league Gods, for the Rabbitohs know not what they do. Apt for Easter!

Sheesh you pounded the dogs today. They kept up the fight for far longer than I thought they would.
I think it's next years coach's call.

They lost one outstanding junior. Do they lose more?

Mr Spock!

Referee
Reyno will sign with souths soon stay tuned as trump would say yeah its all fake news people fall all the time for fake news its all fake.
Except trump called the truth, fake news.

Adam has a 12 month contract if he wants it.

It appears he doesn't.

handyman2190

Bench
Reyno is Redfern 100% & Redfern is Reyno 100%
Look, i love reyno, but the club has to cover its arse, look at whats happening at the cowboys with morgan, its happened to us 3 times in quick succession,we cant let it happen again. Its not as if he hasnt been offered a deal, and he has over the years been looked after. If he loves the club so much ,well accept the 1 year,was good enough for sutto, time to give back. If he goes yes it will be sad,hurt us even, but like he had to come good and learn his trade, so will the next crop. Taafe will be even better, he is better than sam walker, so lets support our club and see what happens, go the rabbits!

Latest posts