What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
So instead of only losing Reynolds we could lose 1/2 of our spine & our origin centre.
Crikey what a shambles
I think Pappas wants the new youngbloods to start playing.
Whether they are up to it is a different story. Obviously they are pretty confident it will work out, that's why they are playing hardball

handyman2190

Bench
Looking at the info available, i think the club want reynolds gone, we have 3 talented halves,hawkins,taafe and illias, we have to blood them before we lose them, they would initially be much cheaper, enabling us to build up other positions. Taafe especially is a great talent, better than sam walker, reynolds has been given a chance sign for a year, if he is good enough they will give him another, there is no insult, it jist sad we have to move on

handyman2190

Bench
Looking at the info available, i think the club want reynolds gone, we have 3 talented halves,hawkins,taafe and illias, we have to blood them before we lose them, they would initially be much cheaper, enabling us to build up other positions. Taafe especially is a great talent, better than sam walker, reynolds has been given a chance sign for a year, if he is good enough they will give him another, there is no insult, it jist sad, we have to move on

The coaching has been excellent this year.

On reflection, he might be a bigger loss than any single player!

I’m not his biggest fan, but I concede his prowess.

callmack1

Staff member
‘Life can go on without him’ - Legends clash as D-Day looms for Adam Reynolds saga: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/8263603eb30a6f6febcb472df541c395

The Rabbitohs’ Reynolds conundrum - $2m to spend on 16 players: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/th...m-to-spend-on-16-players-20210404-p57gcf.html

Now, that it a big story. Potentially the biggest story yet in the Reynolds saga. A huge development that reyno has been on restricted training since 2019 due to those back issues. This is new information we didn't know and it's massive. If that's the case, I still don't agree with the club to only offer him one year, I'd still go two, but I can now understand the club's position more.

The Cowboys are said to be re-considering their offer due to this new development and this could actually work in our favour as the Cowboys offer may not be a hell of a lot better than ours.

Also a big development is the club saying one year but they are will consider longer at the end of 2022 and move others on to keep Reyno if need be at that time. That is also huge because it shows the club's commitment to Reyno, they want him to stay, but just want to be smart about how they go about it. I hope Reyno can see that due to our salary cap situation, it'll actually help the club long term for him to sign one year deals. Really hope he just backs himself, stays at the club he loves and accepts the one year contract for now. That would be an ideal situation. However, I am aware this is not always an ideal world so we'll see what happens.

But man, that's a huge story!

I think some who are signing petitions, burning jerseys and cancelling memberships need to chill down,

As I said, Souths have offered Adam a contract. I think player and club understand the reasons. Perhaps the manager - who gets a %age cut of a new deal - might need to think about the holistic needs of his client.

Mad Bunny

Juniors
And to add to that there won't be any celebrating in our souths members house hold when reyno stays because he was never going anywhere in the first place!!!! And you can quote me on that!!!! Reyno will get his 2 years even if the club signs adam for 1 year with a 2nd year option tabled in adams favour so the bottom line as i have always said reyno is going nowhere!!!!

Last edited:

big hit!

Bench
So instead of only losing Reynolds we could lose 1/2 of our spine & our origin centre.
Crikey what a shambles

The club was astute enough to put together a hot squad that is in a premiership window, or would you rather the predicament of North Qld, Manly, Canterbury or Brisbane? They are a shambles!

I'd leave the recruiting up to the guys who know what they're doing. Supporters have no idea of what the financials are!!

Souths will be in more of a shit if they have to blood rookie halves without a support cast.

Roosters-Warriors match showed how much a good team around a rookie half can help his performance.

Rabbits20

Immortal
‘Life can go on without him’ - Legends clash as D-Day looms for Adam Reynolds saga: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/8263603eb30a6f6febcb472df541c395

The Rabbitohs’ Reynolds conundrum - $2m to spend on 16 players: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/th...m-to-spend-on-16-players-20210404-p57gcf.html

Now, that it a big story. Potentially the biggest story yet in the Reynolds saga. A huge development that reyno has been on restricted training since 2019 due to those back issues. This is new information we didn't know and it's massive. If that's the case, I still don't agree with the club to only offer him one year, I'd still go two, but I can now understand the club's position more.

The Cowboys are said to be re-considering their offer due to this new development and this could actually work in our favour as the Cowboys offer may not be a hell of a lot better than ours.

Also a big development is the club saying one year but they are will consider longer at the end of 2022 and move others on to keep Reyno if need be at that time. That is also huge because it shows the club's commitment to Reyno, they want him to stay, but just want to be smart about how they go about it. I hope Reyno can see that due to our salary cap situation, it'll actually help the club long term for him to sign one year deals. Really hope he just backs himself, stays at the club he loves and accepts the one year contract for now. That would be an ideal situation. However, I am aware this is not always an ideal world so we'll see what happens.

But man, that's a huge story!
If true our cap looks a bit of a mess upcoming. We need to win it this year!

handyman2190

Bench

I want Reynolds to resign but I agree with Anasta here. Reynolds will struggle without Souths but not vice versa.

I would go as far to say that Reynolds would be killing his career leaving Souths. Im ready to be quoted on that.
I just got mail from someone close, reynolds will not be offered more than a 1 year deal,its his decision to go or stay, the club is actually not worried if he goes, we have 3 players hawkins taafe and illias,illias is virtually a reynolds clone who will be mentored by benji, taafe is being groomed as codys replacement,and is a gun,better than sam walker even, if AR goes which im sure he will take the year, trying to solve for eg the cowboys woes will be beyond him, maybe at cronulla he would do better, as they seem to exhibit a fighting spirit.
So thats my news
His money will go a long way to keeping sua, and others.
Dont dispair boys,we love AR but the end when it comes is swift and for the clubs sake

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I just got mail from someone close, reynolds will not be offered more than a 1 year deal,its his decision to go or stay, the club is actually not worried if he goes, we have 3 players hawkins taafe and illias,illias is virtually a reynolds clone who will be mentored by benji, taafe is being groomed as codys replacement,and is a gun,better than sam walker even, if AR goes which im sure he will take the year, trying to solve for eg the cowboys woes will be beyond him, maybe at cronulla he would do better, as they seem to exhibit a fighting spirit.
So thats my news
Dont dispair boys,we love AR but the end when it comes is swift and for the clubs sake

The issue i have with AR is that if he leaves for big money and he doesn't live up to expectations at his new club his career will be done. He should see out his career at souths where we understand the limited training he actually can do.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
So thats my news
Paying big money or overs on SuA will be a mistake

Jim Rockford

Bench

Getting this new info certainly sheds new light on why the club are doing what they are doing, however Reyno has shown that he is still a highly dangerous player even on that restricted training. You only have to look at the great try he scored against the Dogs last match to see this is true.