What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rd2: Eels v Storm GAME DAY THREAD @ Bankwest Stadium 18/3

Eelementary

Post Whore
Mahoney worried me last year. He seemed to had stalled. And I thought this might be as good as he gets.This year he looks far more confident and happy to take the big plays on which I like. I love a hooker who kicks and isn't scared to do something on the last and ignore the halves. Keeps the defense guessing. If it doesn't come off that's fine. It will give more space for the halves later in game.
The way he set Jnr up was sublime. And if he makes the odd mistake so be it.

I also like W.Smith on the bench. Two weeks in a row he had big plays with limited time.

Totally agree on both counts.

I'm a big Reed Mahoney fan, so I always praise him.

But Will Smith was brilliant off the bench - he came up with some clutch plays.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Geez...I reckon that game aged Bellamy
F10679EA-B0C8-43A9-8B72-CCA8AE849985.jpeg
Emperor_RotJ.png

Happy MEel

First Grade
I'm not sure Niukore avoids being exposed if it was dry.
I’m not saying I want Niukore in the centres long term. However, if a middle forward can play a very good game in that position and hold an edge against what I would consider the benchmark in the comp, when Waqa’s edge has been diabolical for the entire time he has been here, I think it’s time to look elsewhere.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I’m not saying I want Niukore in the centres long term. However, if a middle forward can play a very good game in that position and hold an edge against what I would consider the benchmark in the comp, when Waqa’s edge has been diabolical for the entire time he has been here, I think it’s time to look elsewhere.
I think Lane had a go tonight, putting plenty of pressure on Melbourne's playmakers. That (and the weather) forced them to play early, which made it easy for the outside defenders.

Chipmunk

Coach
Waqa Blake out for 4-6 weeks will be interesting. It's not a position we have a lot of options in.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I think Lane had a go tonight, putting plenty of pressure on Melbourne's playmakers. That (and the weather) forced them to play early, which made it easy for the outside defenders.
Yep, no arguments here. He actually ran hard and his first thought was to trample their half back. Why he diverts from the MO I’ll never understand. You have a simple job. Do it and do it well you merkin.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Who was the liability that caused Sivo to be exposed last week?
Our middle was shot in the back end of the 1st half, but Sivo made some horrible reads. To be fair though, it’s the first NRL game he has played with Opacic so perhaps they were finding their feet.

Waqa on the other hand was a complete liability last year and showed no improvement in defence. Our right edge in defence was solid tonight except for Blake giving JAC too much room on that one play.

Latest posts