What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 RLWC Men's Semi Finals

Winners - who makes the final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Still showing our miserable immaturity as a sport with non-neutral Referee.

How hard would have been to have a Pom referee for today and a Oz ref for England v Samoa.

The game just utterly refuses to play like the big sports
Ash Klown helped NZ if anything but yeah it's not a good look

Coastbloke

Bench
You can just imagine the email trail between the ARLC and the IRL this week re Referees for this SF. You don’t have to believe in Conspiracy theories to know the ARLC would have done a ‘kid doing a tanty in a supermarket Lolly section’ to get an Australian Ref..

it’s a sad indictment of the status of our game..

mxlegend99

Referee
DCE must be the hafback for the final.
DCE has won 1 out of 4 games as starting half against New Zealand. (Cleary has matched his one win already)
He has won 1 and lost 1 against Tonga as starting half. (The one win being before Tonga had a competitive team)
He has won 2 out of the last 5 Origin series (Cleary has won 3 of 5)
His club side has been pretty shit for ages now aside from some Turbo brilliance in 2021. Still had nothing for good sides.

QLD won Origin this year. But Munster was by far the best on the field in Game 1, Hunt was the best in Game 3. Cleary was best on the field in Game 2 by a long way.

If you were to drop Cleary. It would have to be for Hunt. Though without Ben Hunt at hooker the halves wouldn't get many opportunities as Harry Grant is looking for opportunities to run and isn't looking who is the best option to pass to.

Smug Panther

First Grade
DCE has won 1 out of 4 games as starting half against New Zealand. (Cleary has matched his one win already)
He has won 1 and lost 1 against Tonga as starting half. (The one win being before Tonga had a competitive team)
He has won 2 out of the last 5 Origin series (Cleary has won 3 of 5)
His club side has been pretty shit for ages now aside from some Turbo brilliance in 2021. Still had nothing for good sides.

QLD won Origin this year. But Munster was by far the best on the field in Game 1, Hunt was the best in Game 3. Cleary was best on the field in Game 2 by a long way.

If you were to drop Cleary. It would have to be for Hunt. Though without Ben Hunt at hooker the halves wouldn't get many opportunities as Harry Grant is looking for opportunities to run and isn't looking who is the best option to pass to.
Grant was f**king awful. Api is the premier 9 in the comp

Still showing our miserable immaturity as a sport with non-neutral Referee.

How hard would have been to have a Pom referee for today and a Oz ref for England v Samoa.

The game just utterly refuses to play like the big sports
If NZ had insisted on an english referee , they would have got one.
Obvioulsy they had no issue with Klein & tbh , he was pretty impartial

who referees the final next week ?
there aren't any kiwi refs

an aussie ?
a pom ?

Coastbloke

Bench
If NZ had insisted on an english referee , they would have got one.
Obvioulsy they had no issue with Klein & tbh , he was pretty impartial

who referees the final next week ?
there aren't any kiwi refs

an aussie ?
a pom ?
Obviously a Pom if Samoa win.

if it’s England vs Australia, then pick a Serbian ref for all the f*** I care. The game has had enough time since it’s inception to have Kiwi, PNG (after all it’s the National sport, so they must be experts) In the SH..

NH has had even more time to develop and deliver French and Welsh Refs. It’s not as if the game was invented 10 years ago..

Plenty of refs available that know the rules. It’s just Australia wants to run the whole thing..

Obviously a Pom if Samoa win.

if it’s England vs Australia, then pick a Serbian ref for all the f*** I care. The game has had enough time since it’s inception to have Kiwi, PNG (after all it’s the National sport, so they must be experts) In the SH..

NH has had even more time to develop and deliver French and Welsh Refs. It’s not as if the game was invented 10 years ago..

Plenty of refs available that know the rules. It’s just Australia wants to run the whole thing..
hahaha

yea
lets just pick someone that knows the rules eh ............

the best players come from & or play in australia
so do the best refs because they're exposed to the best players ... consistently !

like i said
the kiwis didn't care it was an aussie referee ... because even they know .... they're the best

10$ Ferret

Staff member
Klein missed a lot including more than one shoulder charge.
LM was very quiet in attack but earnt his keep with some great defence.
Cleary played like he didn't even turn up to the ground, anyone would be better. Once he takes off the riff jersey he is nothing.
I thought Hughes was unlucky that JAC read the play and had turned before he kicked that was the difference between a try and no try.
Rapana was offside.

As much as I think Klein is a moron, the Pommy refs are no better, you are weighing up competencies (or incompetence) in the WC as opposed to "perceptions of preferences" in the NRL

Cracker of a game

stryker

First Grade
Disastrous result for rugby league.
I have not watched one single minute of this World Cup. I actually forgot this game was even on because international rugby league has been a joke for 40 years. Australia just wins everything. It is unhealthy and Australia NOT being in the final would have been by far the best result for rugby league.

Everyone knows Australia will easily beat England in the final and international rugby league will continue to be joke.
Maybe it’s about time the rest pull their finger out and get better?

King-Gutho94

Coach
Great test match. Give me that over yawnion. It's got me beat how that sport is more popular then league across the world. You only need to watch one quality game of each code and it's clear what sport is superior.

I don't know what the solution is when it comes to fitting in a International rugby league schedule every year as the schedule is already packed to the rim as it is.

But ever since 2008 the Kiwis and Aussies have played some awesome tests and it's alot more competitive then the bledisloe it's just not played regularly enough.

Since April 2017 Aus v NZ had only played 2 tests against each other before today in past 5 years.

Now Covid had a part to play for a couple of years but personally don't think that's enough.

Australia should win next week easily today would have hardened them up after a soft tournament so far.

stryker

First Grade
The English need to win this WC to build on this groundswell of interest. Kangaroos are ripe for the picking. Now is their chance to elevate RL in this part of the globe.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Disastrous result for rugby league.
I have not watched one single minute of this World Cup. I actually forgot this game was even on because international rugby league has been a joke for 40 years. Australia just wins everything. It is unhealthy and Australia NOT being in the final would have been by far the best result for rugby league.

Everyone knows Australia will easily beat England in the final and international rugby league will continue to be joke.
Look you are right to a degree. But that's also what makes the Kangaroo Jersey a massive honour. The expectation is they have to win every game. Any loss unacceptable no matter the match or occasion.

I think International rugby league is in better shape now then what is was 10 years ago.

Samoa and Tonga are bridging the gap. Fiji punch above there weight every WC.

New Zealand have challenged us regularly since 2008 apart from the Kidwell era.

They won 2010 & 2014 four nations along with the 2008 WC.

England will always be the 3rd wheel behind us and kiwis. They can beat the kiwis on there day. But realistically need everything to go right to beat Australia they generally challenge us for 60 mins before dropping off.

Is that the rule/always been the rule? Genuinely asking as I don't know, previously I would have assumed one foot behind would have been enough which appears to be wrong.

This is from the glossary of the Laws of the Game (source: https://www.playrugbyleague.com/laws-of-the-game-community/international-13splus-laws/) -

Behind - when applied to a player means, unless otherwise stated, that both feet are behind the position in question. Similarly “in front” implies “with both feet”. When applied to a position on the field of play, “behind” means nearer to one’s own goal line than the point in question. Similarly “in front of” means nearer to one’s opponents’ goal line.

So as far as I know, the short answer is "yes".

Coastbloke

Bench
hahaha

yea
lets just pick someone that knows the rules eh ............

the best players come from & or play in australia
so do the best refs because they're exposed to the best players ... consistently !

like i said
the kiwis didn't care it was an aussie referee ... because even they know .... they're the best

Oh my lord, I’m not getting into an argument with you..I see your spats with posters like PR and honestly wonder if you are actually an adult?

My post that explained my thoughts stands. Our Business has concluded moving on..

Liam Martin: 80 minutes, 8 hit ups, 75 metres, 42 tackles
Isaah Yeo: 80 minutes, 12 hit ups, 175 metres, 42 tackles

He wasn’t even close to the best on the field.

I was stunned when I heard that Martin was given the player of the match award. I agree with you that Yeoh was far better than Martin in all aspects of play in attack and defence.

taste2taste

Juniors
This is from the glossary of the Laws of the Game (source: https://www.playrugbyleague.com/laws-of-the-game-community/international-13splus-laws/) -

So as far as I know, the short answer is "yes".
Thanks for posting. Yes definitely had 1 foot in front of the kicker so the correct decision was made.

I'm 99% sure that in the NRL you only need 1 foot behind the kicker ?

Rapana didn't have the greatest game, his offside cost the Kiwis 6 pionts and his inability to get a hand to the ball allowed JAC try, that's -10 pionts jordan cost the Kiwis. Maybe McGuire should have selected DWZ and the Kiwis would have won 14-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts