What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rnd 24 V Wests Tigers

betcats

Referee
This game is about revenge for me. 2nd or 3rd doesn’t make a difference now, week 1 of the finals we will be playing south’s at Suncorp so it doesn’t matter. But we want to keep building, we are still not on our best form from earlier in the year yet imo

franklin2323

Immortal
This game is about revenge for me. 2nd or 3rd doesn’t make a difference now, week 1 of the finals we will be playing south’s at Suncorp so it doesn’t matter. But we want to keep building, we are still not on our best form from earlier in the year yet imo

The surface looks shit. Hopefully Townsville gets some games

Big Mick

Referee
My team for this week - I want to give Marto a week off to rest up and freshen up for the finals. Been playing big minutes in the middle to cover for JFH the last 4 weeks.

1. Edwards, 2. Momo, 3. Crichton, 4. Burton, 5. Naden, 6. Luai, 7. Cleary, 8. Leota, 9. Api, 10. JFH, 11. Kikau, 12. Capewell, 13. Yeo
14. Kenny, 15. Soro, 16. TPJ, 17. Tago

I'd put Taylan May on the wing and let him work - but clearly that's not what will happen - so hopefully we see Momo stick on the wing because thought he played well there.

maple_69

Bench
Agree with that side for the most part. To’o>Staines>Momo>May>Naden>Renningswould be my wing depth chart at this stage.

I think we should get Kiks and Capewell a rest in the next fortnight along with Martin. Get Tago, Hopgood & Leniu some minutes so they’re ready if needed.

WestyLife

First Grade
I'd like to see Staines back against a bottom 8 team to see if whatever's been the issue has been rectified. if he's still not doing what Ivan see's a necessary then you can make a decision before finals and play the top 17 round 25.

DinkyDi

Juniors
My team for this week - I want to give Marto a week off to rest up and freshen up for the finals. Been playing big minutes in the middle to cover for JFH the last 4 weeks.

1. Edwards, 2. Momo, 3. Crichton, 4. Burton, 5. Naden, 6. Luai, 7. Cleary, 8. Leota, 9. Api, 10. JFH, 11. Kikau, 12. Capewell, 13. Yeo
14. Kenny, 15. Soro, 16. TPJ, 17. Tago

I'd put Taylan May on the wing and let him work - but clearly that's not what will happen - so hopefully we see Momo stick on the wing because thought he played well there.
Charlie Staines in, Brent Naden out.

Kilkenny

Coach
Charlie Staines in, Brent Naden out.
Being objective, why would you do that. In Nadens half a dozen appearances his run metres are 130-140 per game average, noting the Broncos game he was interchange player who played 20 minutes or so. Charlie in 20 games averages 85 metres per game. It’s fine to have favourites, I understand that, but Staines hasn’t been good enough for what we need right now.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Being objective, why would you do that. In Nadens half a dozen appearances his run metres are 130-140 per game average, noting the Broncos game he was interchange player who played 20 minutes or so. Charlie in 20 games averages 85 metres per game. It’s fine to have favourites, I understand that, but Staines hasn’t been good enough for what we need right now.
Those extra meters mean very little really

DinkyDi

Juniors
He has not earnt his position, by doing the hard yards, and he is leaving at the end of the season.

Fangs

Coach
If Staines is in then its Momo who goes out. Ivan wouldn't play Staines on the left anyway and he won't be dropping Momorovski after last nights heroics.

Would love to see another straight forward game from TPJ. No bs just hard running and energy in defence. He will eat the Tigers alive.

maple_69

Bench
Naden also misses more tackles than he makes. He’s missed more tackles in 5.3 games than Staines has in 20.
He’s also averaging 2 errors a game vs Staines 1.25. Metres are great but looking at one stat is so bizarre.

Regardless theres only so many runs a team can make and I’d much rather To’o and Edwards taking the first/second tackle scoots than Naden, Momo, Crichton, Burton or Staines because they’ll simple be more effective runs because that is 90% of their game in possession. The other guys have different roles and picking a guy like Staines over Mansour shows the club values that.

Crashtest

Juniors
He has not earnt his position, by doing the hard yards, and he is leaving at the end of the season.
What hard yards are you referring to?

Also, you don’t not pick a player just because he has signed elsewhere for next season. Especially not in a premiership chance season, and when you already have a reduced roster due to Covid.

maple_69

Bench
I can't wait for Brian to return, and I would love to know which player gave him his clip over the ear?

Me too we’ve lacked the feverish exuberance without Brian and we’ve lacked the manic aggression without Fish.

It was sad to see Brian interviewed the week after his surgery, he seemed understandably down so awesome to see him goofing around and obviously back to himself.

Latest posts