What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rnd 24 V Wests Tigers

chrisD

Coach
Staines was getting worse and worse, if they kept playing him the way it was going it could have become something that f**ks up his whole future career.

As someone who has wanted to see Naden on the wing forever, now I’ve seen it and he’s painful there too. But he’s just in Brian’s spot so whatever. When Brian is back and if there’s an injury I’d like to see Staines or May come in and not Naden.

I want Martin back in the front row and Sorensen in as limited as possible minutes on the edge or spelling Yeo. JFH/Leota/Martin/TPJ should be all the front row rotation.

Girds89

Bench
Staines was getting worse and worse, if they kept playing him the way it was going it could have become something that f**ks up his whole future career.

As someone who has wanted to see Naden on the wing forever, now I’ve seen it and he’s painful there too. But he’s just in Brian’s spot so whatever. When Brian is back and if there’s an injury I’d like to see Staines or May come in and not Naden.

I want Martin back in the front row and Sorensen in as limited as possible minutes on the edge or spelling Yeo. JFH/Leota/Martin/TPJ should be all the front row rotation.
Sorensens been our best forward hands down since fish left.

He has also looked as dominant if not more than martin playing in the middle.

I like the idea of starting martin and capes.

Especially against a team like melbs who are ultra fast starters. You have to weather the 25min opening storm against them.

To have kikau on in that first 25min period just gasses him for no real benefit.

Leota
Api
Jfh
Capes
Martin
Yeo

May
Sorensen
Tpj
Kikau

I love that impact of the bench. Let martin and co soak up initial onslaught than bring on the fireworks.

Martin can spend time in the middle in his 2nd stint if need be.

chrisD

Coach
Sorensens been our best forward hands down since fish left.

He has also looked as dominant if not more than martin playing in the middle.
Nonsense. Did a lot of work last night without impacting the line. Got dropped where he hit the line and was made to play the ball when the tacklers allowed him to. Has little control of the ruck in his tackles. As usual willingness and visibility is being mistaken for effectiveness.

Girds89

Bench
Nonsense. Did a lot of work last night without impacting the line. Got dropped where he hit the line and was made to play the ball when the tacklers allowed him to. Has little control of the ruck in his tackles. As usual willingness and visibility is being mistaken for effectiveness.
Made close to 150m in 50 mins.

Most pcm of any middle forward for us. Avg of 2.5m made post contact per run. Very good for a middle.

28 tackles zero missed.

Plenty effective.

Liam had way less meters and pcm running at cody all night and not the big boys.

Girds89

Bench
Further to that @chrisD, sorensen had 45m more than souths best forward and the same pcm as george burgess who had the most pcm for them.

He stats were convincingly better than our middles and theres.

Only yeo had more meters as a middle but he plays an entirley different role.

chrisD

Coach
Made close to 150m in 50 mins.

Most pcm of any middle forward for us. Avg of 2.5m made post contact per run. Very good for a middle.

28 tackles zero missed.

Plenty effective.

Liam had way less meters and pcm running at cody all night and not the big boys.
This is going to be RCG all over again.

murraymob

Coach
No sure we should play this game.I was sure the way they celebrated they had won the grand final and the comp was over the last time we played.
Several of there supporters coming and paying out on us .Lucky we get another game in the semi final.Actually wait there not going to be there
Up the panthers

chrisD

Coach
Hes a completly different style front rower.

Not even close.
I mean people are going to quote meaningless stats at me to tell me something their eyes should tell them is just dumb. There’s a hundred other variables that go into producing those stats than quality of performance, and what happens in the ruck matters more than any of it anyway. But for example it should be immediately apparent if you watched the game that Leota’s carries were far more effective than Sorensen’s and your stats unrepresentative of the two performances.

To put things simply if you think, all things being equal, Sorensen is a better more impactful ball runner than Martin then good luck with that, I disagree.

Girds89

Bench
I mean people are going to quote meaningless stats at me to tell me something their eyes should tell them is just dumb. There’s a hundred other variables that go into producing those stats than quality of performance, and what happens in the ruck matters more than any of it anyway. But for example it should be immediately apparent if you watched the game that Leota’s carries were far more effective than Sorensen’s and your stats unrepresentative of the two performances.

To put things simply if you think, all things being equal, Sorensen is a better more impactful ball runner than Martin then good luck with that, I disagree.
Sorensens been our best forward convincigly since fish left.

If you cant see that good luck with that.

I agree with mosts of your posts but scotts been very good all year and has gone to another level last 4/5 weeks.

maple_69

Bench
Martin is a better, more impactful ball runner. In that 1 game last night, Sorenson was a better, more impactful ball runner. He pushed the line back, had fast play the balls, was energetic and busy. My eyes saw it and the metres, post contact metres, play the ball speed stats all agree. Moreover I thought he was a big part in changing the momentum back our way midway through that first half. Martin's the better player but he needs a spell and Sorenson is in handy form.

chrisD

Coach
Sorensens been our best forward convincigly since fish left.

If you cant see that good luck with that.

I agree with mosts of your posts but scotts been very good all year and has gone to another level last 4/5 weeks.
So you are seriously going to tell me Sorensen’s carries were more effective than Leota’s last night? Or ever for that matter.

Girds89

Bench
So you are seriously going to tell me Sorensen’s carries were more effective than Leota’s last night? Or ever for that matter.

Yes.

He was responsible for helping turn the tide.

Leota was much better in his 2nd stint when we had all the momentum and were dominating.

As has been the story all year for moses... when the going gets tough his mia. When we need a tough carry its fish or too.

Thats whats stopping him from going to the next level.

Our toughest game this year was first game vs melbs and he made 30 odd meters from memory.

All good him belting up the shit teams or when we are dominating. Needs to dominate from the get go..

I like moses but he probably hasnt kicked on as much as id hoped. I still think he has a few gears in him.

Scotty sorensen has played significantly less minutes but only averages 10m less carries a game.

Sorensen is also a much much better defender than leota and doesnt miss tackles or get lazy when fatigued around the ruck.

chrisD

Coach
Yes.

He was responsible for helping turn the tide.

Leota was much better in his 2nd stint when we had all the momentum and were dominating.

As has been the story all year for moses... when the going gets tough his mia. When we need a tough carry its fish or too.

Thats whats stopping him from going to the next level.

Our toughest game this year was first game vs melbs and he made 30 odd meters from memory.

All good him belting up the shit teams or when we are dominating. Needs to dominate from the get go..

I like moses but he probably hasnt kicked on as much as id hoped. I still think he has a few gears in him.

Scotty sorensen has played significantly less minutes but only averages 10m less carries a game.

Sorensen is also a much much better defender than leota and doesnt miss tackles or get lazy when fatigued around the ruck.
Yeah you're not a serious person. It's not close, there's multiple levels between the two players.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

I disagree strongly. Came to us via the bargain bin outside the store that supplies rugby league players. He's cheap, effective, with ball playing skills, and good leg drive. Just what you need in a front rower these days with the faster ruck and 6 agains.

Most runs he pokes himself throw the first tine of defence. 18 runs last night, 29 tackles, 32 post contact meters,

Game against Easts 135 meters, 48 post contact meters, 16 runs, 3 tackle busts.

I've taken 2 games at random. In my book he's doing what the coach and team need him to do.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Can we all agree that we should put the strongest 17 out there next Sunday to simply annihilate the Round 13 premiers?

These pretenders still think they can make the 8 so, regardless of their performance today, our team should be at its strongest possible to not only flex a little muscle before the finals, but to send these wannabes back down to their rightful place of another absentee note from the finals.

This is will not be a 'gimmie' game. If the players think this, they'll get dacked. W/T tend to grow another leg when playing us.

I hope we can take them to the cleaners next weekend.

Latest posts