What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

BLM01

First Grade
Some things to consider:

We currently have 28 of our required top 30.
If i'm not mistaken, players are designated 1-26 where there's a minimum of $115k (?), there wouldn't be too many on this base. Players desinated 27-30 have maximum $77.5k (?), so basically 2 of our current squad would be on this (Feagai twins maybe?)

So, that leaves 2 spots @ $77.5k.

The DS squad can earn $60k, those players currently are: Amone, Sloan & H. Lomax

We have 2, (possibly 4), players on T&T contracts: JHunt & Beale (not sure if Muhleisen & Wishart)

If we are seroiusly chatting to GB, then he'd have to agree to the min $77.5k, unless they move someone on from the current 1-26 (ie: Britttain for example).
Then possibly move Amone to the top 30 squad (gives him a small increase for this year, with possibly a move to the top 26 next year onwards).

Moving Amone and the release of SSE, can open the door to promote up to 4 players into the DS, for example: JHunt, Muhleisen, Schiller and ?).

It's complicted, and if I've got any of it wrong, apologies. The info came from here:

2018 Min. Top 30 fee of $100,000 for players 1-26 in 2018 increasing at $5,000 p.a until 2022

2018 $70,000 for players 27-30 in 2018 increasing at $2,500 p.a until 2022

2018 Replacement of the NRL second tier with the NRL Development List where players will be entitled to $60,000 p.a.

Full details here:
https://www.nrl.com/operations/integrity/salary-cap/

With Molo coming next year, it means 1 forward would have to be released or not re-signed, my guess that would be Ellis, it would also mean we would have to have more $$$ reserved for him, as I dont think Ellis is on big coin. The only other forward unsigned atm is Fuimaono, but I.think he'll be offered a new contract soon.

I dont think a lot of our mess will be sorted until the end of next year when we have roughly 12 coming off contract.

Lots to ponder.
I dont know how you had the time or the will but you did it, but well thought out and good guess work
But you forgot car allowances and some other minor allowances that are included in the cap and some have deferred payments or back ended payments
some had to take a pay cut.
You are right Hook inherited a right old mess

BLM01

First Grade
Heard on bsb that Johnson wants to move to south coast. Anyone else heard anything? Surely if we signed him it would be bye bye Corey Norman
Could be South Coast Victoria, New Zealand or Brisbane or he can play for the Gerringong Lions

MarkD

Juniors
I'd like to see Duges back at the Dragons. May not be the time, and his body is probably about to cave in, but I like the way he plays having seen some pea hearts pull on the red v since he left.
Wood’s form has actually been quite good and unlike most of our pack he can offload ... if the deal were right might be worth a go

thebigredv

First Grade
Wood’s form has actually been quite good and unlike most of our pack he can offload ... if the deal were right might be worth a go
He's played well when I've watched Sharks, agreed. Still got a bit to offer. Was surprised.

getsmarty

Immortal
Yea just seen on the news we are looking at him .... hip surgery 29 years old , just continuing the Hook type of player ...... Great .....

I must have heard differently...Burgess said he had an informal chat with Gentle who he knew from his time @ Souths...nothing concrete....he approached us...will come down to dollars and whether our medical staff think he would add value at a cheap price....nothing wrong with that.

Illusion

Bench
I must have heard differently...Burgess said he had an informal chat with Gentle who he knew from his time @ Souths...nothing concrete....he approached us...will come down to dollars and whether our medical staff think he would add value at a cheap price....nothing wrong with that.
No nothing wrong but not what id go after ..... but Im not Hook ....

blacksafake

First Grade
The only good thing about him is that he seldom gets put on the ground. Must be quite strong.

Gareth67

First Grade
Wood - that long haired bearded git that looks like ‘ Bigfoot ‘ that those half-wit yanks have been searching for ever since they set foot in America ?
Only runs at half pace , as if he is conserving his energy for lawd knows what . Prefer to sign the Storms Dale Funicann , at least he puts everything into his game .

Last edited:

Latest posts