What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Our forward pack is going to go through some big overhaul by the end of 2022. Of course below is only my opinion.

We have currently 2 forwards - Ellis and Fui, 1 hooker - Brittain and 1 DP player - H. Lomax, off contract at the end of 2021.

I cant see us giving Ellis, Brittain and H. Lomax further extensions. I'm certain Fui has a good chance to be extended. The other player in question here is JHunt.

So moving forward only Fui (top 30) and JHunt ( possibly DS).

The big issue/question comes in 2022, where we have 8 forwards off- contract.

Props -
Alvaro - who will be 29 > 30yrs old
Faama - who will be 25 > 26yrs old
Lawrie - who will be 24 > 25yrs old
Vaughan - who will be 30 > 31yrs old

Possibly only Faama and Lawrie will move forward from the props. Maybe Vaughan but..

Edge forwards -
Burns - who will be 24yrs old
Sims - who will be 32yrs old

I cant see us giving Sims another go, so Burns moves forward.

Multi-positional forwards -
Ford - who will be 24yrs old
Maguire - who will be 32yrs old

I think Ford is worth perservering with.

So after 2022 our forwards may look like this -

Props - Molo, Faama, Lawrie, Vaughan (?) and JHunt (DS).

Lock - JDB

Edge forwards- Burns

Multi-positional forwards - Ford, Fui, Kerr

We do have a couple of young forwards coming through:
Josh Coric, Blake Dowell, Jackson Sherab, Bryce Magnone, Shalom O'Ofou, Luke Gale and Jalal Bazzaz to name a few (I'm sure these a few others).
We also have the young hooker in Muhleisen.

I can see why we would have a conversation with Burgess, we are going to he short in the props. I think the Kerr experiment should be put back in its box and he moved back to prop.
Bird to an edge is appealing after his game thursday night.

The question is wether Hook goes with the younger, whether that be recruit or promote, or will he stick with 'Dad's Army' and those he knows?

BLM01

First Grade
Our forward pack is going to go through some big overhaul by the end of 2022. Of course below is only my opinion.

We have currently 2 forwards - Ellis and Fui, 1 hooker - Brittain and 1 DP player - H. Lomax, off contract at the end of 2021.

I cant see us giving Ellis, Brittain and H. Lomax further extensions. I'm certain Fui has a good chance to be extended. The other player in question here is JHunt.

So moving forward only Fui (top 30) and JHunt ( possibly DS).

The big issue/question comes in 2022, where we have 8 forwards off- contract.

Props -
Alvaro - who will be 29 > 30yrs old
Faama - who will be 25 > 26yrs old
Lawrie - who will be 24 > 25yrs old
Vaughan - who will be 30 > 31yrs old

Possibly only Faama and Lawrie will move forward from the props. Maybe Vaughan but..

Edge forwards -
Burns - who will be 24yrs old
Sims - who will be 32yrs old

I cant see us giving Sims another go, so Burns moves forward.

Multi-positional forwards -
Ford - who will be 24yrs old
Maguire - who will be 32yrs old

I think Ford is worth perservering with.

So after 2022 our forwards may look like this -

Props - Molo, Faama, Lawrie, Vaughan (?) and JHunt (DS).

Lock - JDB

Edge forwards- Burns

Multi-positional forwards - Ford, Fui, Kerr

We do have a couple of young forwards coming through:
Josh Coric, Blake Dowell, Jackson Sherab, Bryce Magnone, Shalom O'Ofou, Luke Gale and Jalal Bazzaz to name a few (I'm sure these a few others).
We also have the young hooker in Muhleisen.

I can see why we would have a conversation with Burgess, we are going to he short in the props. I think the Kerr experiment should be put back in its box and he moved back to prop.
Bird to an edge is appealing after his game thursday night.

The question is wether Hook goes with the younger, whether that be recruit or promote, or will he stick with 'Dad's Army' and those he knows?
Agree with most. The media are getting hard about Kerr at edge saying he is really warming to that position. He just needs to be deeper and keep angling towards holes. I think he can make it out there. Just needs to focus and concentrate on keeping ball in hand instead of looking where he is running.
Made a good offload leading to one of our tries..yes though against a poor side
But please Josh take care with your play the balls, you will be pinged shortly.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Agree with most. The media are getting hard about Kerr at edge saying he is really warming to that position. He just needs to be deeper and keep angling towards holes. I think he can make it out there. Just needs to focus and concentrate on keeping ball in hand instead of looking where he is running.
Made a good offload leading to one of our tries
But please Josh take care with your play the balls, you will be pinged shortly.
Josh must have seen too much of Tyson Frizell as he seems to have developed the same flaw as Tyson when he plays the ball. Tyson hardly touched the ball with his foot when playing the ball. Must be something to do with playing as an edge forward on that side of the field.

George Sancti

Juniors
After a fey weeks off line, I am just catching up with game results and recent comments. Disappointing that we dropped a couple of games that we should have won. Also the team appears to be more successful without Josh McGuire in the starting 17.

Dragon David

First Grade
After a fey weeks off line, I am just catching up with game results and recent comments. Disappointing that we dropped a couple of games that we should have won. Also the team appears to be more successful without Josh McGuire in the starting 17.
Welcome back George. Ever since McGuire left the Cowboys, they have been doing really well. They are in the top 8 when after 4 games at the start of the year they were way down the ladder and McGuire was saying how poor the forwards were going. I think he was referring to himself. When he joined us, I think we started our demise and won only one game with him in the team. Haven't missed him at all.

Old Timer

Coach
We have a few slackers in our side who were / are quite happy to “leave some of their work” for Moose to do rather than actually use his example and do more.

Same thing at the Cowboys so the team effort when Moose plays is only hampered by the slackers and not Moose himself and no doubt when Moose doesn’t play the “slackers” pick up some of their slack as the team would be thrashed and they would be exposed if they didn’t.

Gareth67

First Grade
I think that Griffin is beginning to separate the wheat from the chaff now , so in season ‘22 the Dragons will have a very willing pack of forwards - no more slackers .

And as far as McGuires tackle having no intent I do agree , after all the halo on his head shines ever so brilliantly - as one would expect from a saint . 😇

Last edited: