What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

blacksafake

First Grade

junior / talatau looks likely as a centre or 5/8............signed on till end of 2023.........is he Normans replacement in 2022? or now?
Thanks for that Auntie.
He's certainly got some skills, especially against the junior teams. If he can bring that running game as well as solid defence to the nrl he'll be a beauty. Also looks like a team player unlike a lot of kids who are all for themselves.

Gareth67

First Grade
Who are the slackers on your opinion.
CC

I believe that Josh Kerr could liven his game up more , he has been with the Dragons for an eternity yet still hasn’t quite hit his straps - how many more seasons before he does is anyone’s guess .

Simms performances are too hot and cold , he needs to step up and stamp his authority upon games. There is a big difference between the Simms whom arrived from Newcastle and the player at present .

Perhaps the man will shift up a cog with the return of JDB
, but with Molo arriving next season I believe that Griffin is looking towards a more mobile younger pack , one that has plenty of vigor and vitality about them .

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I believe that Simms performances are too hot and cold , he needs to step up and stamp his authority upon games. There is a big difference between the Simms whom arrived from Newcastle and the player at present ?

, but with Molo arriving next season I believe that Griffin is looking towards a more younger pack , one that has plenty of vigor and vitality about them .
You mean our sole Origin rep?

Gareth67

First Grade
You mean our sole Origin rep?

The one and the same , so he got selected for origin what of it ? Freddy Fittler always gets the very best from the players he has selected ,after all the man is undoubtedly one of the best coaches in the game ( 😳 )

The chances are Simms will play the footy he is capable off during origin and when he returns to his club , a good performance every now and then .

If the Dragons are serious about going forward in season 2022 then they require players that will give their all week in , week out .

If they played consistently as does Jack Bird , whom has only joined us this year , then their places would be assured.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
I think that Griffin is beginning to separate the wheat from the chaff now , so in season ‘22 the Dragons will have a very willing pack of forwards - no more slackers .

And as far as McGuires tackle having no intent I do agree , after all the halo on his head shines ever so brilliantly - as one would expect from a saint . 😇
So which players do you think we are moving on? I think we all know a couple that are on their way or should be on their way.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
The one and the same , so he got selected for origin what of it ? Freddy Fittler always gets the very best from the players he has selected ,after all the man is undoubtedly one of the best coaches in the game ( 😳 )

The chances are Simms will play the footy he is capable off during origin and when he returns to his club , a good performance every now and then .

If the Dragons are serious about going forward in season 2022 then they require players that will give their all week in , week out .

If they played consistently as does Jack Bird , whom has only joined us this year , then their places would be assured.
I think he’s been pretty good this year, there were at least two games he’s won man of the match and a handful where he did a really good job. Last year he was injured most of the year but prior to that he was a consistent beast.

blacksafake

First Grade
I think he’s been pretty good this year, there were at least two games he’s won man of the match and a handful where he did a really good job. Last year he was injured most of the year but prior to that he was a consistent beast.
He can’t be accused of not having a go & as you say he’s been pretty good. Being injury free is a bonus.

Gareth67

First Grade
I believe that Josh Kerr could liven his game up more , he has been with the Dragons for an eternity yet still hasn’t quite hit his straps - how many more seasons before he does is anyone’s guess .

Simms performances are too hot and cold , he needs to step up and stamp his authority upon games. There is a big difference between the Simms whom arrived from Newcastle and the player at present .

, but with Molo arriving next season I believe that Griffin is looking towards a more mobile younger pack , one that has

plenty of vigor and vitality about them .
Well talking about having egg all over ones face ! Simms played a great game tonight and I certainly did underestimate the mans value to the Dragons .

boardlumps62

Juniors
For those giving it to Sims hope he can play like that for us. Also can someone send Corey Norman a copy of that game to see he how a good 5/8 plays the game.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
For those giving it to Sims hope he can play like that for us. Also can someone send Corey Norman a copy of that game to see he how a good 5/8 plays the game.
Norman has never had a game like that in his life and never will. He couldn’t have a game like that vs a reserve grade side let alone Origin. One of the great Origin debut’s of all time, Luai was immense.

Twenty10

Juniors

, but with Molo arriving next season I believe that Griffin is looking towards a more mobile younger pack , one that has plenty of vigor and vitality about them .
Kerr has been the greatest disappointment this year. Errors, no aggression… nothing. Really wasting his size and talent.

Gareth67

First Grade
Kerr has been the greatest disappointment this year. Errors, no aggression… nothing. Really wasting his size and talent.
Unfortunately I must agree with you Twenty10, for his size I had expected more ooomph in his engine, more so considering he has played along side some very good forwards since he has been with the Dragons .

Still perhaps Griffin can help him along in his game and we may still see the best from him yet .

possm

Coach
whens Fui being signed back up?
In my opinion, our best back row is Sims, Bird, and De Belin. Our best centre pairing is Lomax and Max Feagai. So I'm not sure where Fue fits in and because he is off-contract, Hook has to decide if he wants him as a depth player or if he needs the cap instead.

thebigredv

First Grade
In my opinion, our best back row is Sims, Bird, and De Belin. Our best centre pairing is Lomax and Max Feagai. So I'm not sure where Fue fits in and because he is off-contract, Hook has to decide if he wants him as a depth player or if he needs the cap instead.
Fui is a good bench player in our ideal team. I hope he stays on with us, deserves a pay rise but wouldn't be going crazy with the coin.

Dragon David

First Grade
I'd like our next prop signing to be a beast. I'm sick to death of seeing other clubs state that they will play a beast prop here and a beast prop there. Why don't we? While our current crop of props are going ok and I mean ok, no-one can be classed as a beast.

We might even need a couple of beasts who have power, strength, running and off loading prowess to put fear into the opposition every game day!

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
I'd like our next prop signing to be a beast. I'm sick to death of seeing other clubs state that they will play a beast prop here and a beast prop there. Why don't we? While our current crop of props are going ok and I mean ok, no-one can be classed as a beast.

We might even need a couple of beasts who have power, strength, running and off loading prowess to put fear into the opposition every game day!
ok, so which beast is available to satisfy your craving?